Windows 10: Windows 10 internal mic and sound not working

Discus and support Windows 10 internal mic and sound not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I tried to hop on a Zoom call and noticed that it could not connect to my internal microphone on my laptop, so I tired the usual stuff ie.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShaneMcDonnell1, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 internal mic and sound not working

Recently I tried to hop on a Zoom call and noticed that it could not connect to my internal microphone on my laptop, so I tired the usual stuff ie. updating drivers, uninstalling, going through ever trouble shooting page but nothing. Its almost as if my internal microphone is just completely broken. I used Driver Easy to update my drivers and restarted my computer but nothing. My mic has all permissions in privacy, its not disabled, its the default mic. Not exactly sure what's wrong. Also for some reason it says the RealTek mic is unplugged.

:)

ShaneMcDonnell1, Oct 26, 2020

2. Only internal mic works?

I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing
    of use is on the Nextbook website, and i have combed through every part of the device manager and sound manager. When i go to troubleshooter, it says "no jack information available". My "internal audio jack" in sound manager was disabled, i enabled it, and
    it still didnt work. Also, strange thing, in my sound manager many things are listed as "Steam Streaming Device" or "Steam Speaker" or "Steam Streaming Microphone". The "steam microphone" was put as the description of the disabled audio jack, but i can find
    nothing about it. Anyways, searching the rest of the forums, all i get are the exact same textbook windows helper responses. i may have missed something in sound manager, but don't point out obvious things like "Is is muted". Please help!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

ImNotStupid{Sarcasm}, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Internal mic not picking any sound

Hi,

I have checked my microphone which i found enabled. Also all the devices are shown (Disconnected and disabled).

The Microphone array (internal mic) is set default.

When I check for windows update, no sound driver update is listed in the updates.

PrafullaTayde, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 internal mic and sound not working

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7745 that I have been trying to get the external audio ports to work correctly on since I upgraded it to Windows 10 - it was originally a Win7 machine from the factory. It's got three external audio ports:

Windows 10 internal mic and sound not working [​IMG]

Win10 runs fine on it (Core i3 @ 2.27Ghz, 4GB RAM) and sound through the speakers works fine, as does the internal mic, but PLUGGING IN a mic or headphones is the issue - external plugged in mics are not picked up at all, and plugging in headphones disables the internal speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones.

I found this thread (Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio) and was trying to follow the instructions to find the correct driver to use by looking at the 'Driver Details' lists, but I am a bit confused. When I upgraded to Win10, Windows 10 installed generic drivers for the sound card and I had the same issue - sound through speakers and internal mic was fine, but the jacks didn't work.

So, I thought I would go download some specific drivers...the latest drivers listed for audio on Acer's site for this machine are the Win7 64-bit drivers, so I installed those and, as mentioned, sound still worked fine other than the external jacks (I know the external jacks are not broken/damaged, by the way, because they used to work fine under Windows 7). When following along the list of 'special files' the aforementioned thread asks me to look for, I find both 'FMAP064.dll' from the 'FF01' 'Special Files' list...but I also see 'MaxxAudioAPO20.dll' and 'MaxxAudioEQ.dll' from the FF06 'Special Files' list...?

....so which one of those drivers do I get (FF01 or FF06)?

Where it gets even more confusing is that when I try running the Powershell script suggested in that same thread to suggest a driver, it tells me this:

Windows 10 internal mic and sound not working [​IMG]

...so should I follow the Powershell script's suggestion and look for ANY new driver that has the 'hdxrt.inf' file in it? (Like the one listed here: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio )?

Sorry for the novel, but it's a tad bit confusing as to what driver I should be looking for...

Could anybody link me to a driver that might work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Darkstrike, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 internal mic and sound not working

1. Windows 10 internal mic and sound not working - Similar Threads - internal mic sound

2. Mic wont work but sound will??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic wont work but sound will??: I recently built a pc with windows 10 and for some reason when i plug in my headphones they play audio but the mic wont work.In settings it says "No input devices found" yet my mic works on my playstation 4 and other windows computers no other mics work with my pc either....
  3. Bluetooth Headphone Mic sounds exactly the same as the internal mic on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphone Mic sounds exactly the same as the internal mic on my laptop: I bought a pair of new Bluetooth headphones, which has Bluetooth 5.0 on it. When I tried using the mic, I found that the bluetooth headphone mic and the internal mic on my Asus Zenbook 14 UM425, sound exactly the same. I confirmed this using a voice recorder, and other...
  4. Mic not working but faintly works with internal audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working but faintly works with internal audio: So about a week ago my mic stopped working and doesnt detect anything But my friend told me that if im playing music or a youtube video they can faintly hear it but never hear my voice on voice chat I tried reinstalling the drivers and restore points and setting the internal...
  5. Laptop internal and external mic not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop internal and external mic not working: I have an asus K501LX and the microphone is not working. I tried using problem solving from the sound settings and it is not giving me any options. So i tried to plug in a USB microphone from sennheiser and the mic is still not working. I thought it had something to do with...
  6. Headset mic plays internal pc sounds

Headset mic plays internal pc sounds: I might have been deafening everyone I play with on discord w/o know until a friend told me today. The mic just transmits the game audio, video audio, music audio that I run into it and it sounds horrible, not even quality transmission whenn I called myself from another...
  7. Internal mic not working anymore

Internal mic not working anymore: Hi, my laptop has an inbuilt microphone that used to work perfectly until a few months ago. However, I didn't use it often and just realized that it had stopped working last month. I have tried to do any solution that I can find in the internet, I have checked all settings...
  8. Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic

Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic: I have an Astro A40 headset that has worked fine for me for over a year now. But, all of a sudden the last month it has started echoing and often playing my internal sounds game Im playing or youtube video Im watching through my mic. I have done everything I can like...
  9. Only internal mic works?

Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  10. Only internal mic works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...