Windows 10: Windows 10 - Internal Power Error on computer sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 - Internal Power Error on computer sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For the past few months I've been experiencing an Internal Power Error when trying to put my computer to sleep. This has happened intermittently for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BradReynolds3, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - Internal Power Error on computer sleep

For the past few months I've been experiencing an Internal Power Error when trying to put my computer to sleep. This has happened intermittently for the past few months and isn't always consistent. Sometimes the computer will sleep just fine, other times it will shut off displays, then the BSOD will occur. The only way I know it happens is that I can see the computer has rebooted. I should add that this happens when I initiate a sleep command or just let the sleep timer engage. I've attached the latest MiniDump file here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ot_LbLv6-CVdnl4YTS6s4F697Z3vlj7s/view?usp=sharing

Steps that I've tried so far:

1 Updated all drivers that I can find MB, system chipsets, video card, peripherals, etc.

2 Updated firmware for all disk drives

3 Updated BIOS to latest non-beta version

4 Run a memory test came out clean

5 Ran "sfc /scannow", no errors found

6 Disabled hybrid sleep and fast startup

7 Enlarged the size of the hibernation file to 100% Question: Does the computer use a hibernation file if I'm just putting it to sleep?

I can't say that I've really noticed this problem up until recently. The earliest minidump file I currently still have is dated Jan. 6, 2021, but I'm not sure if this problem existed before then. The system logs have critical errors intermittently through August 2020. The rest of the computer performs just fine and I don't get any other errors when running any applications. Any ideas of what to try would be helpful.

Thanks!

:)

BradReynolds3, Mar 16, 2021
  2. mikeyon1 Win User

Internal Power Error

When I turn my computer on after it going to sleep it comes up with internal power error. The computer is only 3 months old.

mikeyon1, Mar 16, 2021
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 - Internal Power Error on computer sleep

internal power error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I would suggest you to follow the method given below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the power troubleshooter and restart the system to check if that helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

If the issues persist I would suggest you to follow the second method.

Method 2: Create a new power plan.

• Go to search box.

• Type power option in search box.

• Tap or click Create a power plan and follow the instructions.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Internal Power Error on computer sleep

1. Windows 10 - Internal Power Error on computer sleep - Similar Threads - Internal Power Error

2. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Power Error: I recently have a batch of laptops having the Internal Power Error. How can it be resolved? and what have Microsoft find out the issue that cause the BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-power-error/3e9de819-c697-4ac5-aad4-cfda233c5927
  3. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Power Error: I recently have a batch of laptops having the Internal Power Error. How can it be resolved? and what have Microsoft find out the issue that cause the BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-power-error/3e9de819-c697-4ac5-aad4-cfda233c5927
  4. Windows 10 Internal power error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Internal power error?: Sometimes I get bsod when shutting down or turning on the computer, although very rarely. I didn't get any bsod for 3 weeks until now.I analyzed dump file with WhoCrashed,On Wed 19.01.2022 04:43:41 your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file:...
  5. Windows 10 Internal power error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Internal power error?: Sometimes I get bsod when shutting down or turning on the computer, although very rarely. I didn't get any bsod for 3 weeks until now.I analyzed dump file with WhoCrashed,On Wed 19.01.2022 04:43:41 your computer crashed or a problem was reportedcrash dump file:...
  6. Windows 10 Internal power error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep

Intermittent Internal Power Error on Sleep: For the past few months I've been trying to diagnose the cause of a BSOD that happens intermittently when I'm trying to put my desktop computer to sleep. I've collected the log files as instructed on the forum, attached them to this post as well as posted them here:...
  8. Internal Power Error

Internal Power Error: I keep getting a blue screen when using the computer. On the blue screen I see the following message "For more information about this issue and possible fix, visit https://windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person, give them this info: Stop code: INTERNAL POWER...
  9. Internal Power Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Internal Power Error: When I turn my computer on after it going to sleep it comes up with internal power error. The computer is only 3 months old. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-power-error/df00b1b7-dec7-457d-8527-b17af959ce50
  10. Internal power error after waking from sleeping

Internal power error after waking from sleeping: My computer experienced crashing after reawaking. This happens after I update the system to latest 1809. I have updated the drivers I know to the newest one. Can any one help me?...