Windows 10: Windows 10 Internet Adapter / Connectivity Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Internet Adapter / Connectivity Issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone , Recently I updated from Windows 7 -> Windows 10. I have two wireless adapters for my PC. Both of them are unable to connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pizzerlady, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Internet Adapter / Connectivity Issues

Hello everyone , Recently I updated from Windows 7 -> Windows 10.

I have two wireless adapters for my PC. Both of them are unable to connect to the internet, and in some cases Windows 10 cannot display Internet Connections.

Here are some things I have tried on my end:

• I have a laptop that has working internet, I used it to update drivers for both of the adapters.
    • Troubleshoot Feature
    • Network Discovery
    • Restarting (Many times)
    • Ping Routerip via cmd prompt
    • Restarting my WiFi connection
    • manually try and connect to WiFi

Thank you for reading. Any help would be appreciated !

submitted by /u/pizzerlady
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pizzerlady, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Intermittent internet connection issues

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

There are some reasons that causes this error connection reset. Let’s try to identify the root cause and apply the appropriate solution to fix this.

I suggest you to run the network troubleshooter first, and check if the issue persists. To run the troubleshooter, follow the below steps:

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Select ‘Control panel’
    3. In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’ and then click ‘Troubleshooting’
    4. Under ‘Network and Internet’ click on ‘Network adapter’ and click on ‘Next’ button.

Try to update the network adapter and check if the issue persists.

1. Press ‘Windows + X’ key.
    2. Expand the network and adapter’
    3. Right click on the device, and select ‘Update driver software’
    4. Restart the computer and check.
    5. You can also check for updates from the system manufacturer site.

Check proxy settings by doing the below steps:

1. Go to Control panel – Internet options.
    2. Click on ‘Connections’ tab.
    3. Click on ‘LAN settings’
    4. Uncheck ‘Use a Proxy server for your LAN’ check box, and click ‘Ok’

I also suggest you to reset IP Address by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key, and type ‘Command prompt’
    2. Right click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’
    3. Type the following command without quotes, and press enter: ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’
    4. Restart the system once and check if the issue persists.

Try to disable Kaspersky firewall and check if that helps

1. Open the Kaspersky Internet Security program.
    2. Click the ‘Settings’ button.
    3. Click the ‘Firewall component’ option under Protection Center.
    4. Select the ‘Enable Firewall’ option to remove the check mark.

Hope it helps. Please reach back if the issue persists.

Thanks and regards

Naveen M

Naveen_M, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Internet Issues in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• What do you mean by "I try to put in the password" ?

• Are you able to log in to your system?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2:

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest Wi-Fi drivers in manufacturer website and check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Internet Adapter / Connectivity Issues

Unable to connect to the internet on Windows 10

Hi Chris,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with connecting to the internet, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are trying to access wired/ wireless internet connection?
    • Are you referring to reset of the Windows 10 operating system?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message while trying to connect the internet?
    • Have you turned on Airplane mode on your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to incorrect networking settings/ corrupted/ outdated network drivers.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if
    Network Adapter is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.
    • Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of accessing the internet for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Internet Adapter / Connectivity Issues

1. Windows 10 Internet Adapter / Connectivity Issues - Similar Threads - Internet Adapter Connectivity

2. Internet connectivity issue with Realtek adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connectivity issue with Realtek adapter: Hello all of you I am having constant connectivity issues with my realtek adapter. The internet connection gets cut off each time when my HP laptop goes to sleep. I have to restart it each time. Any advise much appreciated....
  3. Internet connectivity issue with Realtek adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connectivity issue with Realtek adapter: Hello all of you I am having constant connectivity issues with my realtek adapter. The internet connection gets cut off each time when my HP laptop goes to sleep. I have to restart it each time. Any advise much appreciated....
  4. Internet connectivity issue with Realtek adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Desktop Internet Connectivity Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Desktop Internet Connectivity Issue: If I manually put my Windows 10 desktop to sleep it wakes without internet connectivity issues. If I set power to sleep using the computer clock then it awakes with significant internet connectivity issues. I then need to restart for the internet connection to work. I am open...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Internet Connectivity Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop Internet Connectivity Issue: If I manually put my Windows 10 desktop to sleep it wakes without internet connectivity issues. If I set power to sleep using the computer clock then it awakes with significant internet connectivity issues. I then need to restart for the internet connection to work. I am open...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Internet Connectivity Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Internet connectivity issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connectivity issue on Windows 10: I am facing a weird internet connectivity issue. Every time I boot up my laptop and connect to internet with the help of wifi or ethernet, internet doesn't work for first 2-3 minutes after connecting and works perfectly well after that. I have tried everything which was...
  9. Windows 10 Internet connection issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Internet connection issues: Wifi says connected on Windows 10 but when opening Microsoft Edge or anything else to do with internet it says can't open webpage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-internet-connection-issues/9e9f02d6-90fd-4980-be96-d6b1f4ea5cef
  10. internet connection issues with windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet connection issues with windows 10: Early this morning I had a Microsoft tech help with audio issues I had after a windows 10 update. The audio is fixed. Now I have a new problem. I keep losing my internet connection, but was fine before the tech support. I've done multiple troubleshooting checks such as...