Windows 10: Windows 10 Internet connection evolves eventually to no connection

Discus and support Windows 10 Internet connection evolves eventually to no connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been having an extreme problem with connecting to the internet. After upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 home version (I assume windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dontelluride, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Internet connection evolves eventually to no connection

I have been having an extreme problem with connecting to the internet. After upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 home version (I assume windows 10 is the problem) I had connectivity for over a month. Thus I cannot roll back to windows 7 anymore. I have no connectivity now through either the Ethernet card or the Wireless card. I am technical, having worked with computers for a very long time. I have never run into anything before that I could not fix but this has me completely stumped. I, of course, did all the basic standard things first, ie. rebooted the modem, the computer, checked connections and cable etc. Here are the specs on my pc:
    Dell
    Inspiron INSPIRON7720
    8 GB of RAM
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.3 GHz
    64 bit operating system
    has 4 cores (CPUs) and 8 threads

wifi card:
    Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230
    Ethernet card:
    Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

This is the windows system I had prior to the free upgrade to windows 10:
    Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1
    MS Office Home and Student 2010
    After upgrade:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (Windows 10 home)
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Prior to the windows 10 upgrade everything was working fine. I never had a problem with online connections. I had no problem for about 4-6 weeks after the windows 10 upgrade. For the past several weeks it has been getting progressively worse. Now it is gone completely.
    I use time warner for cable internet service. All my other devices are working fine over their wifi..a mac computer and two phones, one a note 4 and the other an iphone. Yet my windows laptop does not even see any wifi. It did about a week ago but this has been downgrading rapidly. I tried three different modems from Time Warner. Their modems also act as wireless hubs. I have an Ethernet cable plugged directly into the modem/hub and I have tried three different cables. The laptop does not see either the Ethernet or the wifi. It did until about two days ago. But now it does not even perceive that they are there.
    These are the things I have tried…
    Calling Time Warner several times and eventually having one of their techs come over. At first time warner was able to do some remote stuff to their modems and that would work for a short while but then it stopped. One guy said it had to do with security protocols, some old and some new and he said it was getting confused and he did something that got it working for 3 days and then it stopped. The tech guy checked the modem, etc. gave me a third type modem, checked the wiring outside the building, all failed.
    I tried connecting to wifi at other locations in my town. That would work for a little while and then it stopped.
    I searched online for help. I found this advice:
    [Solved] Windows 10 Wifi Troubleshooting Not Connecting Limited Access problem in Windows 10 - YouTube
    Enter these commands into the command prompt administrator window:

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    netsh int tcp show global
    then reboot

This worked for a few hours. I would keep doing this and rebooting and each time it would work for a little while but eventually it stopped working altogether.
    I also checked my drivers online. I downloaded a tool from Intel to look for new Intel drivers. I updated whatever needed updating. My driver for Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230 was up to date already.
    I did update the HD Graphics driver for windows 10 64 bit
    I went to the realtek site and found an updated driver for Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and updated it … an updated Ethernet driver for windows 10

Once the drivers were updated, I could not get any internet connection at all anymore, even intermittingly.
    I tried to roll back the new Ethernet driver and the rollback hangs.

I tried running system restore and system restore failed.......An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0x80070057). I again tried restoring the pc back to previous states. Restore tells me it cannot run because it cannot access a file and it says to turn off the anti-virus software so it can access the file. I did turn it off but still got the exact same message.

When I go to Device Manager, double click Network Adapters & right click my Intel wireless there is only an option to disable it so I assumed it was enabled. Same for Realtek controller which works with Ethernet. (I checked this because I noticed the windows 10 system turns off these devices randomly by itself) Yet when I go to "Network & Internet " from Settings and then "change adapter settings" I see that the Local Area Connection is Disabled and the Wireless Network Connection is disabled. When I try to enable by right clicking and clicking enable it does not work. When I run diagnostics it tells me it says there might be a problem with the drivers. But now I cannot get online to do anything about that. I have tried to run repairs as an administrator and the results are the same. When I click on a previous driver (device manager - right click on particular network adapter, update drive software - browse my computer..etc...let me pick...) and choose to try to install it, windows comes back with the message: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device...Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." This occurred for both Intel and Realtek. So it seems to me that the first thing to do would be to enable the network devices. But I cannot get past the needless and nonsensical blocks the system has put in place.

When I go to device manager and click either the wifi or the ethernet card and I right click and choose properties, it tells me “This device is working properly”. The drivers currently in use at this point are (properties – driver – driver details):
    For wifi card:
    Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230
    Driver: file version 15.16.0.2
    For Ethernet card:
    Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
    Driver: 10.003.0723.2015

I have run several full virus scans using Kaspersky throughout this process and nothing was found….Please help. I have done everything I can do. If I could, I would go back to windows 7 in a second, but I cannot. Or I would change to an alternative like Apple or Linux. But I am not completely ready to give up on windows yet because changing systems probably will not be so easy. So far there has been no damage to my files. I do have backups.

:)

dontelluride, Oct 15, 2015

2. N73 compared to 3110 Evolve

N73 compared to 3110 Evolve.

I'd like to know which one has faster internet capabilities ?

I have N73 plus some old 2G phones. I'm looking to take part in recycling my older phones and replace them with 3110 Evolve but I'm confused with max. internet connection speeds ?

message---01, Oct 15, 2015
  3. BSOD after Login. Windows 10

Hi,

No, I am not able to get to the desk top.

After I reboot it always does the same thing, 1st screen says Preparing Automatic Repair, then it goes to a screen that says Diagnosing your PC, then screen comes up with a title Automatic Repair the message is [Your PC did not start correctly].

It does the same thing every time I restart even after trying all you suggestions.

There are no other messages.

caper connection, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Internet connection evolves eventually to no connection

1. Windows 10 Internet connection evolves eventually to no connection - Similar Threads - Internet connection evolves

2. Windows 10 no internet connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 no internet connection?: The main computer proxyasus shows round circle in system tray - no internet connection. This is intermittant. Everything connects apart from Outlook. I can browse the web and use Thunderbird. The main computer is directly connected to the router. The laptop works fine. The...
  3. Connect to internet windows 10

Connect to internet windows 10: Computer updated this evening and now I cannot connect to internet. Tried the network reset button, the command prompt tricks and updating the drivers. Also disconnected the router and reconnected it, nothing is working. I am able to see the wifi and enter the password then...
  4. INTERNET CONNECTIONS-WINDOWS 10

INTERNET CONNECTIONS-WINDOWS 10: I have an HP All-in-One 24-e0XX computer, which came with the Windows 10 operating system already installed. Suddenly, I have no WIFI connection. When I pull up settings for Network & Internet, the only options showing are: Ethernet, Dial Up and VPN. When I click on Show...
  5. No Internet Connection and Not connected

No Internet Connection and Not connected: Hi Dear, My laptop has several problems: 1.when i used my computer on yesterday, i still works and a hour later, it shows no network, it is totally not shown any icons, like wifi, networks, Bluetooth... At the task bar 2. Also no network shown too, whatever the next...
  6. Ark Survive Evolved Fails to open connected to internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ark Survive Evolved Fails to open connected to internet: I'm having issues with the game not opening with my ethernet cable connect. If I unplug it opens no issue. I had it running the day before but would crash about every 15 minutes. Did just do a full system upgrade. All drivers are up to date. Ryzen 5 3600 Tomahawk b450 Max...
  7. Ark Survival Evolved connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark Survival Evolved connection: So I have recently purchased Ark from the Microsoft store and I'm currently attempting to join and for the past days I have not been able to play I get a roll back every 3 min and I get disconnected from the online server a lot. I am finding the game enjoyable and unplayable...
  8. Internet Connection On Windows 10

Internet Connection On Windows 10: So I have this laptop and everytime I try to connect to my home wi-fi it says it has no connection or it will connect but only have one bar. I know 100% it has nothing to do with the router because my ps4 and iphone work on the internet perfectly. I just don’t understand why...
  9. Windows 10 connected but no internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 connected but no internet: I have been having problems with connecting to the internet on Windows 10 getting error messages like this site can't be reached err_timed_out. When I run troubleshoot it can't identify the problem. I have had this probelm off and on. Theough searches and trying fixes or...
  10. Windows 10 - No internet connection

Windows 10 - No internet connection: Hello, i have suddenly noticed a problem with internet connection. I cannot download any apps from Microsoft store (with unknown error message). Strange is that each other software (cloud clients, browser, ....) works perfectly. I have already searched for solution on...