Windows 10: Windows 10 internet connection issues via ethernet

Discus and support Windows 10 internet connection issues via ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning Microsoft,Hi everyone, I have had some issues after windows recovery, specifically I have been unable to connect my desktop computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JM_474, Sep 18, 2021.

1. JM_474 Win User

Windows 10 internet connection issues via ethernet

Good morning Microsoft,Hi everyone, I have had some issues after windows recovery, specifically I have been unable to connect my desktop computer to the internet.What I am currently seeing after hours of effort is you are connected to the internet under network status and other viewing toolsSo far I have spent the last few days doing the following:Conducted all trouble shooti

:)

JM_474, Sep 18, 2021
  2. RevoLand Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Internet Connectivity Issues

So heres the deal. My brother who is behind the opposite wall of me is having internet issues. The router is here in my room and his internet is plugged into the Linksys E2000 via a wire going from it to an ethernet wall socket going to his room and into his computer.

He has been having iffy internet for the past 2 days. Fixed it yesterday by rebooting now the problem has resurfaced.

What we have tried:
    • Testing the ethernet cables with a tester. Passed
    • Tested onboard ethernet with known working cable (computer hooked up using my connections in my room) Passed
    • Checked to make sure there was no static IP address in IPv4 settings. Passed
    • Made sure the Network Connection wasnt full on disabled. Passed
    • Swapped the cable leading from the router to the wall outlet in my room. Passed and worked for a few minutes.
    With regards to that last bullet point, the computer is no longer getting internet again despite working for a few minutes. Testing the new cable again, tells us that pins 1 and 2 are "open". That is the second cable in a row that the tester is spitting this message out on.

Any ideas guys? Im out of them.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 apps not working on the Ethernet Windows 10 VPN internet connection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please let us know:

• Does this issue occur only with Microsoft apps?

• Are you able to browse any website while connected to internet?

• Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

As you have mentioned that you are connected to internet with Ethernet via Windows VPN, I would suggest you
    try disconnecting VPN and see if you are able to access the applications.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 internet connection issues via ethernet - Similar Threads - internet connection issues

2. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  3. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet: I have three windows PCs that I just bought, all the same model. When I plug two of the PCs into ethernet, they connect to 'network 2' and get internet but when I connect the third PC to the same ethernet port, it tries to connect to network 3 and doesn't get internet....
  4. Computer not connecting to internet via ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.My desktop has been working absolutely fine connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Good connection, good speed and no issues at all. Then a couple of days ago, it was intermittantly connecting to the internet - was connecting to...
  6. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.My desktop has been working absolutely fine connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Good connection, good speed and no issues at all. Then a couple of days ago, it was intermittantly connecting to the internet - was connecting to...
  7. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  9. Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet

Problem Connecting To Internet Via Ethernet: Hello all, I've seen many forums with the same issues, but to no avail I still am experiencing the same problems. I was given my desktop about a week ago by my uncle, and I wiped it cleaned and installed Windows 10 Pro. I go to connect the Ethernet cable and it says...
  10. Internet connection via ethernet problems

Internet connection via ethernet problems: I hope I'm putting this in the right place. We have two desktop pcs both running W10. Husbands PC was off for a while then wouldn't connect to the internet. Now mine has had to be switched off for a couple of months and we're having the same problem with this one too. Neither...