Windows 10: Windows 10 Internet Explorer Content.IE5 folder, unable to access.

Discus and support Windows 10 Internet Explorer Content.IE5 folder, unable to access. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 Internet Explorer Content.IE5 folder is a shortcut and unable to access. I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 around November... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wspozzi, Dec 5, 2019.

1. wspozzi Win User

Windows 10 Internet Explorer Content.IE5 folder, unable to access.

Windows 10 Internet Explorer Content.IE5 folder is a shortcut and unable to access.

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 around November 15, 2019. I ran into problems with Edge internet web browser when trying to copy over the Favorites from Windows 7 Internet Explorer to Edge. Also, I could not find the Temporary Internet Files or the Favorites file for Edge. I found out later that there is an Edge database that you import and export Favorites to. Because of this I switched back to Internet Explorer.

Everything was going along well until I tried to open my “Content.IE5” folder in the “Temporary Internet Files” folder. I received an error message:
    “Location is not available”, “E:\User1\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5” “is not accessible.” Access is denied.

I noticed that in Windows 10 the “Content.IE5” folder was a shortcut to the true location of the “Content.IE5” folder. In Windows 7 the “Content.IE5” folder was in its true location and not a shortcut to a location.

I create a drive for the “Temporary Internet Files”folders of all users on the laptop along with Windows “Temp” folder, so I then can delete files or folders if and when I want to.

I need to know if the “Content.IE5” folder in Windows 10 is a shortcut to a folder that will contain other folders that contain internet information and pages like in Windows 7, or is it just a dummy location that will never contain internet information.

The reason I ask is that if I delete the “Content.IE5” folder in Windows 10 I will just delete the shortcut and not the actual folder and sub-folders.

Thanks in advance for the help.

:)

wspozzi, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 Internet Explorer Content.IE5 folder, unable to access. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Suprub93 Win User

Unable to uninstall Internet explorer 8

hello, i am new to the forums, i am having trouble uninstalling internet explorer 8, i have windows xp home edition, i went to control panel/add remove programs and it doesn't show there, i tried going into the main folder for IE8 but there is no uninstall icon, the reason i want to uninstall it is because i want to install back version 7, and it wont let me unless i uninstall the newer version. any suggestions?

Suprub93, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Internet Explorer Content.IE5 folder, unable to access. - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer Content

2. Windows Explorer - visualize Folders with/ without content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - visualize Folders with/ without content: Hi there,is there an option to visualize in the Explorer that Folders do have ot do not have a content files in it?I'm struggling with this question since I am working with it. One USE Case is: I our Company, we work with Customer related PROJECT TEMPLATE Folders with 21...
  3. Windows Explorer - visualize Folders with/ without content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - visualize Folders with/ without content: Hi there,is there an option to visualize in the Explorer that Folders do have ot do not have a content files in it?I'm struggling with this question since I am working with it. One USE Case is: I our Company, we work with Customer related PROJECT TEMPLATE Folders with 21...
  4. Windows Explorer - visualize Folders with/ without content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10: For the life of me I can't get Internet Explorer to open. It's not in the Windows Features, it's not in the list of updates, it's not in control panel or app programs, I can't install it as it's saying it's already installed. I tried running both regsvr32.exe “c:\program...
  6. Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Unable to open Internet Explorer in Windows 10: For the life of me I can't get Internet Explorer to open. It's not in the Windows Features, it's not in the list of updates, it's not in control panel or app programs, I can't install it as it's saying it's already installed. I tried running both regsvr32.exe “c:\program...
  7. Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders

Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders: I recently had a motherboard failure so I added my second disc from that machine to my new one. In that old machine I specified that those folders Music, Pictures and Videos would be stored on that second drive, hoping in the event of a SSD failure, all those files would be...
  8. Unable to access internet.

Unable to access internet.: So i was helping a user over the phone. Below are the findings: - IP address: 10.10.78.210 Subnet mask: 255.255.254.0 Default gateway: 10.10.79.254 - User can successfully ping default gateway: 10.10.79.254 - User can successfully ping 8.8.8.8 - User can successfully ping...
  9. Microsoft Money and IE5

Microsoft Money and IE5: Hi I've just installed Windows 10 and most programs are working fine. However, when I tried to open Microsoft Money (admittedly an old program), it presented me with the message ' Money requires some components of Internet Explorer 5 to function properly. Please re-install...
  10. Internet Explorer revealing the content of the address bar

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer revealing the content of the address bar: Hello fellow bug hunter! Today we are going back to Internet Explorer which despite getting old, tons people still use it. I am much happier with MSRC lately, they are really moving forward regarding Edge, design bugs, and they even extended its bug bounty, which seems to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update ie5 folder

2. access content.ie5 folder

3. windows 10 content.ie5 show