Windows 10: Windows 10 Internet Icon grayed out

Discus and support Windows 10 Internet Icon grayed out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Internet icon on my Windows 10 disappeared after finished a Windows update. I tried to follow several tasks discussion and suggestion but found no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HenryNugent, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Internet Icon grayed out

The Internet icon on my Windows 10 disappeared after finished a Windows update. I tried to follow several tasks discussion and suggestion but found no joy. As I played with "System Configuration" I got the Internet Icon showed up. To help resolve your concern regarding Network Icon grayed out, you may refer to the steps below:1. Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.2. On the run command box, type msconfig, and then hit Enter.3. A System Configuration windows will pop up --> Select Service tab --> Turn on Internet Connection Sharing ICS 4. Click Apply

:)

HenryNugent, Jun 12, 2021

2. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, Jun 12, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Internet Icon grayed out

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Internet Icon grayed out

1. Windows 10 Internet Icon grayed out - Similar Threads - Internet Icon grayed

2. How do I gray out an image icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I gray out an image icon?: I have a image in PNG format to use it as an icon on a button. It represents a button in an app. I want to make the effects so that this image conveys that the objects of a certain type represented by the icon are all unselected. How do I do this with paint 3-D in. I think...
  3. How do I gray out an image icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I gray out an image icon?: I have a image in PNG format to use it as an icon on a button. It represents a button in an app. I want to make the effects so that this image conveys that the objects of a certain type represented by the icon are all unselected. How do I do this with paint 3-D in. I think...
  4. Gray Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gray Icons: So recently, I've decided to clean up my desktop, by moving all my Shortcuts to 2 different folders, on my desktop, and as I was moving them to the folders, some lost their icons, and some didn't. The shortcut lost the icons and so did the original file. How can I restore the...
  5. Gray Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gray Icons: So recently, I've decided to clean up my desktop, by moving all my Shortcuts to 2 different folders, on my desktop, and as I was moving them to the folders, some lost their icons, and some didn't. The shortcut lost the icons and so did the original file. How can I restore the...
  6. Gray Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Grayed out download status icons

in Browsers and Email
    Grayed out download status icons: Hello, So whenever I download a file, the icon of that program is grayed out while in the download process. I looked online everywhere but I couldn't find any answer. I'm using Windows 10 on an ACER Swift 3. Yes, this is not just with this website. If anyone has a solution, I...
  8. Windows Store Grayed out.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Grayed out.: Hello, I've been searching Microsoft support pages for 4 days with no answer in sight so I've come to make my own page. When I try to access the Microsoft store to install a game on my Game pass ultimate subscription the store does not open. I've tried using the Xbox app but...
  9. Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out: [ATTACH] The screenshot above is currently what showing inside the Taskbar settings. I already tried disabling/uninstall then reinstall the "Microsoft AC adapter" as well as the "Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery but it was no good. I also tried deleting...
  10. Windows 10 settings window grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings window grayed out: Beginning of the issue was that my spotlight image doesn't change so I follow the steps from the link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-spotlight-lock-screen-picture-wont-change/443cc26c-29f1-4481-80c9-6fb7130f6191 After follow...