Windows 10: Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber

Discus and support Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a hp Pavilion x360 about a month ago. Everything has been working fine accept my laptop has issues with google fiber at my apartment.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CNelN, Apr 1, 2020.

1. CNelN Win User

Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber

I recently bought a hp Pavilion x360 about a month ago. Everything has been working fine accept my laptop has issues with google fiber at my apartment. But the weird thing is that when i go to my family's home and use their google fiber WiFi, it works great. My apartment WiFi is the only WiFi that isn't working. When I use my apartment WiFi, it says im connected and secured to internet but when i go to load a web page, it doesn't load anything. It doesn't work with Microsoft edge or google chrome. When i run trouble shooter it says "windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings. If i use my schools WiFi, then come back to my apartment WiFi, it never works. But if i let my laptop sit over night in my apartment it usually works in the morning. Has anyone else had this issue? thanks!

:)

CNelN, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Russ_B Win User

Google Fiber Wifi Issues with Windows 10

Hello,

We recently got Google Fiber internet service in our home and since then my Alienware M17 laptop has been having Wifi issues. This only happens at home, when I am at work I do not get any crash errors.

I get two crash errors, KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE & ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC, the Kernal issue is the one that keeps happening mainly. Keep in mind also that I had Windows 10 prior to getting the new internet from Google Fiber and was not having this
    issue. I had windows 10 for about three weeks with no issues on Time Warner's internet. It was literally the day of google fiber install that this started happening. Gotta be something with internet... but I am not sure how to fix it. When I was setting
    up the google fiber router I did name it the same name as the previous Wifi name... but again, my wifes computer is not having the same issues.

I have Killer Ethernet/Wifi card in the Alienware M17x3

I am not sure what to do, it has crashed 5 times just trying to write this message, getting very frustrating.

Also as a heads up, I have reinstalled all new killer wifi and ethernet drivers. I have checked for updates on the Update & Recovery center, nothing there. I have also updated all of the drivers listed on the manufacturer's website for my laptop and nothing
    has changed. I am at a loss and am getting frustrated.

My wife's laptop was upgraded to windows 10 and is not having any issues. Her laptop has a Killer ethernet/wifi gigabit card also, just an older version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Russ_B, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Google Fiber Internet Problem

Sorry for responding so late. I did everything that was listed on that link and none worked. I also contacted Google Fiber and they told me they couldn't do anything and didn't even give possible causes or solutions for my problem Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber :(

William Spadaro, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber

Windows 10 cannot detect network proxy for network when Troubleshoot is run - Using Google Fiber ISP

I've followed all steps indicated in threads posted and also installed a rebuild of Windows 10. Unfortunately I still receive the proxy error when I run Troubleshooter. This is for both wired and wireless connection. Additionally, I am using Google Fiber
    as my ISP. When speaking with Google Fiber support they seem to be aware of this issue from many Google fiber users that have upgraded to Windows 10. This issue didn't occur until I upgraded.

I have a case number as well with Microsoft Support.

KristenKramer, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber

1. Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber - Similar Threads - internet issues google

2. Windows 10 WiFI Proxy Error on Home Fiber Internet Asus Router - WiFi6 - 802.11ax

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 WiFI Proxy Error on Home Fiber Internet Asus Router - WiFi6 - 802.11ax: Let me preface by saying, I'm on a fresh clean format of Windows 10 on my PC and I'm running build 10.0.18363. Home Edition I just changed my router to a new WiFi6 capable Asus Gaming router a week ago and everything is updated, drivers included. This is a home PC. I am...
  3. Windows 10 WiFI Proxy Errors on Fiber Internet

Windows 10 WiFI Proxy Errors on Fiber Internet: Let me preface by saying, I'm on a fresh clean format of Windows 10 on my PC and I'm running build 10.0.18363. Home Edition I just changed my router to a new WiFi6 capable Asus Gaming router a week ago and everything is updated, drivers included. This is a home PC. I am...
  4. Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet)

Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet): From what I researched and remember, ethernet switches parse the internet evenly between connected devices on said switch so no one computer/device gets a leg up over the other, but it has no firewall capabilities like some routers do (unless there are switches with firewalls...
  5. Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nighthawk Router or Nighthawk Switch? (Fiber Optic Internet): From what I researched and remember, ethernet switches parse the internet evenly between connected devices on said switch so no one computer/device gets a leg up over the other, but it has no firewall capabilities like some routers do (unless there are switches with firewalls...
  6. How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet

How to Set up for Fiber Optic Internet: My computer and my brother's run Windows 10 Pro and my father's computer is running Windows 8.1 Pro (both 64-Bit) My family has been using a wireless internet plan for a LONG time, but with our block now wired for fiber optic, and the line extended to our house, the only...
  7. Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome

Strange Issue with Internet and Google Chrome: Almost every app or program that requires an internet connection will hang connecting until I open Google Chrome. I completely reinstalled Windows 10 after everything I attempted failed to solve this. Google search turns up a blank because it only points to Google Chrome not...
  8. Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time

Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time: Strange to me that after upgrading to a blistering fast fiber line with ATT , with tested download speeds around 150mbps, the actual time a page loads is STILL as slow as it was before I upgraded (and am paying more for) faster internet....I've double checked settings in my...
  9. Fiber speed internet, same time to load webpage!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fiber speed internet, same time to load webpage!: Strange to me that after upgrading to a blistering fast fiber line with ATT , with tested download speeds around 150mbps, the actual time a page loads is STILL as slow as it was before I upgraded (and am paying more for) faster internet....I've double checked settings in my...
  10. Google chrome issue with windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Google chrome issue with windows 10: Could someone explain to me what the problem is with using chrome as my browser in windows 10? I'm not a computer geek like most people. Don't understand all the jargon they're talking about. Should I use Google chrome or should I not use it? Thanks 68863