Windows 10: Windows 10 Internet Speed extremely slow compared to Linux

Discus and support Windows 10 Internet Speed extremely slow compared to Linux in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Aveniir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0jii7/windows_10_internet_speed_extremely_slow_compared/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aveniir, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Internet Speed extremely slow compared to Linux

/u/Aveniir, Jul 30, 2020

2. Internet speeds extremely slow

How do I fix slow internet speeds on a laptop running windows 10, other computers running windows 8 are fine?

Deanea (live.com, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Slow speed when compared to others

Hi,

Conflicts with a third-party startup program is one of the possible reasons why your computer or Internet connection is slow. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• May we know if you are referring to the slow performance of your computer or the slow Internet connection speed?
    • Is your friend also connected to the same Internet connection?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 Internet Speed extremely slow compared to Linux

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Internet Speed extremely slow compared to Linux

1. Windows 10 Internet Speed extremely slow compared to Linux - Similar Threads - Internet Speed extremely

2. New desktop has extremely slow speeds compared to my older one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New desktop has extremely slow speeds compared to my older one: Hi, I just bought a new gaming desktop. The Wi-Fi is so much slower than the one I had before. It is a pre-built from best buy. My specs are 3070 rtx and amd Ryzen 7 5700. I have already looked up YouTube videos on how to increase the speed of my Wi-Fi but none of it worked....
  3. New desktop has extremely slow speeds compared to my older one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New desktop has extremely slow speeds compared to my older one: Hi, I just bought a new gaming desktop. The Wi-Fi is so much slower than the one I had before. It is a pre-built from best buy. My specs are 3070 rtx and amd Ryzen 7 5700. I have already looked up YouTube videos on how to increase the speed of my Wi-Fi but none of it worked....
  4. Extremely slow Internet Speeds on this Computer Specifically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow Internet Speeds on this Computer Specifically: Hi all, I recently did a speed test on this computer and found that the download speed was a thousand times slower than other computers around the house, however, the upload speed was the same. I took the same ethernet cable plugged into my computer, plugged it into my...
  5. Extremely slow download speeds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Extremely slow download speeds: A few days ago I tried to download Forza Horizon 4 on my new pc from Microsoft store. After about a minute of downloading at 50 mb/s, my download speeds dropped to around 5 mb/s. I ran a speed test and am getting speeds of around 20 mb/s. Is there a way to increase download...
  6. Extremely slow internet

Extremely slow internet: Have an issue I'm only getting 90Mbps on a 1G net service on my PC's regardless of connection type,EVEN in safe mode! While my cell phone can pull 900+Mbps PC #1 -Latest Win10Pro updates -Asus ROG Rampage Extreme Encore Motherboard -i9-9820X -32 GB Ram PC#2 -Latest...
  7. Internet Extremely Slow?

Internet Extremely Slow?: So my internet the last few weeks has been a bit slow. When im downloading updates to certain programs etc... they take forever which rarely if ever happen. It wasn't until earlier I decided to do a speed test on speedtest.net and low and behold... my download mbps is 1.23....
  8. Extremely slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow internet speed: When i open Task Manager it clearly says that Steam is using 50% network at 45mbps. But when i open steam the game is only downloading at 5mbps. Help please submitted by /u/Chuck-E_Cheeks [link] [comments]...
  9. windows 10 running at extremely slow speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 running at extremely slow speed: I am running windows 10 version 1709 (OS build 16299.431) I went out for 20 minutes with my system up and running and online. When I came back my system was in the Bios settings. I turned it off and powered it on and it got me to my logon screen then system started...
  10. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Wireless internet extremely slow speeds: Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter. Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low...