Windows 10: Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry"opening JPEG

Discus and support Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry"opening JPEG in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 10 won't open JPEGs. I get the error message "Invalid Value for Registry" whenever I attempt to open JPEGs. I have tried virtually every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cinimodvii, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry"opening JPEG

My Windows 10 won't open JPEGs. I get the error message "Invalid Value for Registry" whenever I attempt to open JPEGs. I have tried virtually every procedure/suggestion to be found with recourse to the google search engine, but thus far I have had no success. Does anyone here know of a foolproof solution to this problem?

:)

cinimodvii, Jan 2, 2017

2. Registry error

Photos has worked fine for me for along time, but now every time I try to open a jpeg file, I get a message that says "Invalid Value for Registry"

Arthur 128, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Liezl Fal, Jan 2, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry"opening JPEG

What are you trying to view the jpg's with, the Photos app or something else ? What photo viewer programs do you have ? The easy thing to try first is this -
    R-click a jpg/click Open with/Choose another app. In the window that opens, click on the app you want to use, tick Always use this app to open .jpg files/click OK.
    This should reset the default registry settings, if it's corrupted.

mrgeek, Jan 2, 2017
  5. I get the "Invalid Value for Registry" error message when I try to open with Microsoft Photos.

I get the "Remote procedure call failed" error message when I try to open with any other app.

And I did as you said, i.e., selected a different app for always opening the JPEGs, but this left me with the wrror message "Remote procedure call failed".

cinimodvii, Jan 2, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    There have been issues reported with the Photos app that some find uninstalling and re-installing sometimes fixes or sometimes not. What other program/app did you tick to test ?
    I use this freeware one, as do many members: FastStone Image Viewer 6.1-http://faststone.org/

mrgeek, Jan 2, 2017
  7. KVADPhoto+ was the one I used. And I have already un- and re-installed the Microsoft Photos app, but the problem persists,

cinimodvii, Jan 2, 2017
  8. mrgeek Win User

KVADPhoto+, the Store App or installed program from the developer site ? I see it's targeted at smart phone users. Try the FastStone program, very small and has tons of features, recommended by many Ten members, even if only to test your problem. If FastStone works, you may be having a Store Apps issue. Search troubleshooting in Control Panel and run the diagnostic.

Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry"opening JPEG [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry"opening JPEG - Similar Threads - Invalid Value Registryopening

2. "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10: I see that that the problem of not being able to open image files in Windows 10, with the message "Invalid value for registry", has been covered several times over the years. However mine has an additional twist as follows - On our computer there are two accounts, mine and my...
  3. "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10: I see that that the problem of not being able to open image files in Windows 10, with the message "Invalid value for registry", has been covered several times over the years. However mine has an additional twist as follows - On our computer there are two accounts, mine and my...
  4. "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    invalid value for registry: whenever i open any of media files such as photos , videos, music , it shows 'invalid value for registry ' i am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry/1b1d183f-44a2-4be3-9c11-20d9c25dc446
  6. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    invalid value for registry: I can't open videos or photos, I've check solutions to this problem but none worked. [ATTACH] one of the websites that I've checked said that I should have Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe. registry but when I checked it in registry editor I didn't see any....
  7. "invalid value for the registry"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "invalid value for the registry": After a recent windows update when trying to open pictures i get the error message "invalid value for the registry" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-the-registry/c37eedff-6615-46b7-9b15-05318c01aece
  8. I can not open JPEG image error "Invalid Value for Registry"

I can not open JPEG image error "Invalid Value for Registry": I am unable to open JPEG images in my photos. I receive the error "Invalid Value for Registry". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-open-jpeg-image-error-invalid-value-for/a6ee2f6c-a557-4892-ba58-ef70288bed93"
  9. Invalid value for registry

Invalid value for registry: Whenever I try to open any mp4 file on my Dell Precision 7510, it gives me an error saying Invalid value for registry. However, when I try to open said files with VLC media player instead of Movies & TV, it runs just fine. Bear in mind that the laptop I am using is issued by...
  10. Invalid value for registry.

Invalid value for registry.: Hi, I would like to know if there is a possible way to disable the Windows auto update function indefinitely. Eventough I keep disabling them in the Windows Update Settings, somehow the computer end up updating windows again which results being a problem. I am a Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. invalid value for the registry windows 10 opening jpeg