Windows 10: Windows 10 IoT ENT x6 won't wake up from sleep called by Task schedule

Discus and support Windows 10 IoT ENT x6 won't wake up from sleep called by Task schedule in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I need to be able to put my PC to sleep to save power overnight and it needs to run again in the morning, automatically without user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hulinning2, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Windows 10 IoT ENT x6 won't wake up from sleep called by Task schedule

Hi all,
    I need to be able to put my PC to sleep to save power overnight and it needs to run again in the morning, automatically without user interaction.

First, I did disable Hibernate on my Windows 10 so I can use Sleep mode.

I created a task to put my Windows 10 to sleep by calling AutoSleep.bat.
    I created a different task to wake my PC up which it will run the AutoWake.bat to show the Chrome in KIOSK mode.

My Windows does go into sleep as expected but it never get wake up unless I have to touch the keyboard.

If I manually put my Windows to sleep then my Windows does wake up but it seem it does not run the AutoWake.bat to show the Chrome in kiosk mode. It only brings up the Windows and show the desktop.

Is that possible to wake up from Hibernate mode without pressing power on button on PC. I need to wake my PC up automatically without user interaction.

All the bat files are running correctly if I run manually on Windows.
    AutoWake.bat
    "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" "-kiosk"
    AutoSleep.bat
    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

I appreciate for any help on this topic

:)

Hulinning2, Feb 26, 2021

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Scheduled Tasks Not Waking Computer

Hi Michael,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• To wake up your Windows computer from Sleep mode at a fixed time, type
      Task Scheduler
      in Search bar and hit Enter.
    • In the right side, select Create Task. A new window will open. Here under the
      General tab, fill in the Name and Description. Also check,
      Run with highest privileges.
    • Under the Triggers tab, click New. Another window will open. Select
      One time (or Daily if you want it repeated every day at a particular time). Set the Date and Time when you want your system to wake up from Sleep.
    • Next under the Actions tab, you have to mention a task. Click
      New. You can run a simple task, like say, first launching & then closing the command prompt window. This thus will wake your system at the pre-set time to carry out the task.
    • Select Action as : Start a program. To schedule a task that executes the command
      cmd.exe with command line arguments, copy-paste under Program/script
    /c “exit”

6. Under Conditions tab, check on the Wake the computer to run this task check-box. Click
    OK and Exit Task Scheduler. Click OK
    and Exit Task Scheduler. Your computer will wake up from Sleep at the particular time.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Windows 10 IoT ENT x6 won't wake up from sleep called by Task schedule

Scheduled Tasks Not Waking Computer

I posted this on the Surface 3 forum, but got nowhere. Maybe it isn't a Surface 3 specific problem...

On my Surface 3 tablet running Windows 10, tasks scheduled via the Task Scheduler are not waking Windows up. I started with a very simple task to open a command window at a specific time. If I click "Run" from within Task Scheduler, it works. If the tablet
    is awake, it works. However, if I put the tablet to sleep, it does not work. I am not shutting down the system, nor is it hibernating. It is in sleep mode. As soon as I wake the tablet up, the missed task runs. I've tried every combination of settings
    for the task, and it just won't run. This is on a Surface 3 tablet, which has a new sleep state called "InstantGo", and I suspect that this sleep mode just isn't compatible with the Task Scheduler, but I don't know.

I've got decades of experience with computers, but I hope I'm overlooking something simple. Has anyone out there run into this? I've tried all the obvious things.

MichaelWGilbert, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 IoT ENT x6 won't wake up from sleep called by Task schedule

1. Windows 10 IoT ENT x6 won't wake up from sleep called by Task schedule - Similar Threads - IoT ENT won't

2. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  3. Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep: Hi! I'm trying to make Task Scheduler follow a schedule to:Wake my laptopOpen Thunderbird.exeBring Thunderbrid.exe to the foregroundProblemThe scheduled task only runs after I manually wake my laptop from sleepNot sure if related to the root cause of the issue: Sometimes the...
  4. Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Not Waking Home Use Windows 11 From Sleep: Hi! I'm trying to make Task Scheduler follow a schedule to:Wake my laptopOpen Thunderbird.exeBring Thunderbrid.exe to the foregroundProblemThe scheduled task only runs after I manually wake my laptop from sleepNot sure if related to the root cause of the issue: Sometimes the...
  5. Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep.

Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep.: For the past few weeks my laptop won't wake up from sleep. When I try to wake it the power light turns on red and stays red (usually it only shows red for a few seconds when waking from sleep or during POST then turns blue when windows takes over) and the screen stays dark....
  6. Laptop won't wake up from sleep (Windows 10)

Laptop won't wake up from sleep (Windows 10): Problem has started within the last month or two. My laptop, Asus Zenbook UX330UA (running windows 10), will not wake up from sleep unless I turn it completely off with the power button. I have tried, using older graphics driver, using older MEI driver, scf /scannow (found...
  7. Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks

Find "Wake up from sleep" Scheduled Tasks: Other than going through each and every task in the task scheduler, is there a way to see those that are allowed to wake the machine while it is sleeping? My PC woke up this morning at 3:30 am. It then went back to sleep about ten minutes later. I've checked all of the normal...
  8. Scheduled Task not waking up PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled Task not waking up PC.: Hello, I have made a scheduled task with the option to wake up the pc from sleep state to run a program. When I tick the option Wake the computer to run this task the computer won't wake up at the given time. I have red in a forum of MS that this was a problem in the...
  9. WIN10 IOT Ent.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 IOT Ent.: Hi ... I am looking to find a link to download Windows 10 IOT Enterprise installation ISO. But, it is nowhere to be found .... Can someone help, please. Cheers .... *Smile 39617
  10. Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler)

in Windows 10 Support
    Schedule wake up from sleep (not using task scheduler): HiI have tried using windows task scheduler to sleep and wake up at different times but it does not work. I am using a Linx 1010 tablet. Windows 10Would anyone know if there any third party app, or any other way to do this task?Many thanks 92480

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 auto task scheduler wake black screen