Windows 10: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 issues

Discus and support Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just want to share my first experience, installed Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 on a VM and Embedded Device to check our compatibiliy against... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RBCGN, Jan 21, 2022.

1. RBCGN Win User

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 issues

Just want to share my first experience, installed Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 on a VM and Embedded Device to check our compatibiliy against LTSC 2019 1809, two things are serious :- TapTip no more working, Virtual keyboard do not show up at all not talking about osk.exe, I can see the service is running and TapTip is running, but I can't see the keyboard- tried most common fixes Tablet mode tec but it would come up...- Activating Embedded Shell Launcher causes a crash on explorer.exe. I tested Shell Launcher v2 but this leads to a endless crash loop of explorer.exe, n

:)

RBCGN, Jan 21, 2022

2. Windows IOT Enterprise LTSC License

Dear Team,

One of my customer has IOT devices and they want to deploy new Windows IOT Enterprise LTSC license.

They requested us to procure the following license: WIN ENT LTSC 2019 SNGL
    Upgrd
    OLP NL and now customer wants to know whether the WIN ENT LTSC 2019 SNGL
    Upgrd OLP NL
    can be deployed in IOT devices or not.

Can anyone advise on this with clarity

SreevishnuKatari1, Jan 21, 2022
  3. HervePM Win User
    Lincensing Windows 10 VM on top of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC

Hi,

I'm building an environment based on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC.

On top of this host environment I would like to activate Hyper-V role and have a Windows 10 VM.

Does Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC provide an additional Windows 10 licence for a VM ?

If not, which kind of licences are available/required ?

Regards.

HervePM, Jan 21, 2022
  4. IoTGirl Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 issues - Similar Threads - IoT Enterprise LTSC

2. How to enable web result search in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable web result search in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021: Hi everyone, who read this post. I had a problem about search the result web. I'm trying to search web and it cannot return any result and notice message like the picture below. Can somebody help this problem? Both: not start word by "web:" or not is still same as problem...
  3. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044: Hello everyone, I'm trying to run sysprep on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044. I installed OS from ISO and before to connecting the PC to the network, I modified the 3 registry keys in orde to avoid the Windows Store apps update which were causing problems during the...
  4. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044: Hello everyone, I'm trying to run sysprep on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044. I installed OS from ISO and before to connecting the PC to the network, I modified the 3 registry keys in orde to avoid the Windows Store apps update which were causing problems during the...
  5. Sysprep Issue on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 10.0.19044

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2021 How to Downgrade to Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2019.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2021 How to Downgrade to Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2019.: Our Client Wants to purchase Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2019 License 100 Qty. From Where we can purchase this. Because when we check this with Microsoft they told us Now only Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2021 is available. SO From Ingram they told us we can purchase 2021 and downgrade the...
  7. Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2021 How to Downgrade to Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2019.

Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2021 How to Downgrade to Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2019.: Our Client Wants to purchase Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2019 License 100 Qty. From Where we can purchase this. Because when we check this with Microsoft they told us Now only Windows 10 IOT LTSC 2021 is available. SO From Ingram they told us we can purchase 2021 and downgrade the...
  8. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 issues: Just want to share my first experience, installed Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 on a VM and Embedded Device to check our compatibiliy against LTSC 2019 1809, two things are serious :- TapTip no more working, Virtual keyboard do not show up at all not talking about...
  9. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 issues: Just want to share my first experience, installed Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 on a VM and Embedded Device to check our compatibiliy against LTSC 2019 1809, two things are serious :- TapTip no more working, Virtual keyboard do not show up at all not talking about...
  10. Windows IOT Enterprise LTSC License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows IOT Enterprise LTSC License: Dear Team, One of my customer has IOT devices and they want to deploy new Windows IOT Enterprise LTSC license. They requested us to procure the following license: WIN ENT LTSC 2019 SNGLUpgrd OLP NL and now customer wants to know whether the WIN ENT LTSC 2019 SNGLUpgrd OLP...