Windows 10: Windows 10 IoT LTSB Enterprise SFC scannow error

Discus and support Windows 10 IoT LTSB Enterprise SFC scannow error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In our environment we do a fresh installation of Win10Iot LTSB Enterprise. Configure the OS for our needs and add a few drivers and software. At this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardSteltronic, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 IoT LTSB Enterprise SFC scannow error

In our environment we do a fresh installation of Win10Iot LTSB Enterprise. Configure the OS for our needs and add a few drivers and software. At this point we then SYSPREP using an unattended file. After SYSPREP, we will boot to a PE environment and use DISM to capture the image.

We use DISM to apply the image to new machines in the production process. I have recently discovered that if I perform an SFC /scannow right after the imaging, SFC finds corrupt files and fixes them. I have the CBS log available if necessary. I do see a lot of "overlap duplicate ownership" warnings but I also see some errors that I have no idea what they mean.

I also checked the machine with SFC to ensure there were no errors before performing the SYSPREP.

What is happening or what am I doing wrong?

:)

RichardSteltronic, Aug 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 iot enterprise LTSB---Group policy option

Hi,

I would like to know initially, the difference between Windows 10 IOT enterprise LTSB vs Windows 10 enterprise LTSB. I have heard and used the iot version, but do they really have a normal version as well.??

Secondly, I tried to use the group policy option in Windows 10 IOT enterprise LTSB. I created a rule just for a test purpose so as to only allow notepad to work. I enabled the group policy and I closed all the windows. Now I am able to open only notepad,
    I cant even go back to the group policy editor so as to revert. Do I need to do a system reset or do I have to repair my OS once again.? Or do they have a different option.?

krishna_pka, Aug 9, 2019
  3. C_D_K Win User
    Windows 10 IOT LTSB license options?

Can you please define the difference between these two software licenses? We need to understand if there will be any functional difference between the two options....or if the difference is only due to the sales channel which these licenses are purchased;

Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise 2016 LTSB High End (OEM Activation 3.0 Required) - 6EU-00050

and

Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise 2016 LTSB Multi-Language OEI High End (ESD) 6EU-0029

C_D_K, Aug 9, 2019
  4. IoTGirl Win User

Windows 10 IoT LTSB Enterprise SFC scannow error

Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 IoT LTSB Enterprise SFC scannow error

1. Windows 10 IoT LTSB Enterprise SFC scannow error - Similar Threads - IoT LTSB Enterprise

2. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  3. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB vs Windows 10 IoT comparison

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB vs Windows 10 IoT comparison: I have a dilemma where I have some machines that are running windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and I have to purchase some new ones and the company is only currently offering no OS or Windows 10 IoT. I read somewhere that they are the same thing, but I want to check here to see if...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB vs Windows 10 IoT comparison

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB vs Windows 10 IoT comparison: I have a dilemma where I have some machines that are running windows 10 Enterprise LTSC and I have to purchase some new ones and the company is only currently offering no OS or Windows 10 IoT. I read somewhere that they are the same thing, but I want to check here to see if...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB vs Windows 10 IoT comparison

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016 Downloading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016 Downloading: Dear Sir/Madam, Kindly let me know, How to download the proper file for windows 10 IOT Enterprise LTSB 2016 for installing the OS and Boot to the Dell edge gateway 3001 model, Am not getting the proper File from internet through the link which mentioned the gateway...
  8. Windows 10 IOT LTSB Driver error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 IOT LTSB Driver error: I see in the event log Driver install failed, result=0x80070422 for devnode 'STORAGE\VOLUMESNAPSHOT\HARDDISKVOLUMESNAPSHOT4' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iot-ltsb-driver-error/2a0d3c1d-f1b1-4647-9b53-a95ef02ff478
  9. SFC /scannow - errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /scannow - errors: Hey all! I recently upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago and for kicks I decided to run an SFC /scannow .. and It found a whole slew of errors! It's weird because I don't see anything wrong with the OS but I know there are according to the scanner. I ran it a few times,...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /SCANNOW Error: When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution? 20898

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysprep duplicate ownership