Windows 10: Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi

Discus and support Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. After some Windows 10 update in August I got network issues on my Asus ROG laptop. When I connect to Wifi on my mobile hotspot I got only access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartinMartinezM1, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi

Hello.
    After some Windows 10 update in August I got network issues on my Asus ROG laptop. When I connect to Wifi on my mobile hotspot I got only access to IPv6 sites google, facebook and can't connect to any IPv4 site i.e. most of the internet. I can't even ping those sites while IPv6 sites ping just ok. Mobile internet works for all kind of sites. I've tried the following to no avail:
    * Windows restart
    * Windows settings > Network reset
    * manual uninstall of Wifi device
    Some time ago using restore point from July fixed the issue. Unfortunatly this restore point has dissappeared.
    Problem don't occure on LAN connection.
    Unfortunatly now I'm away and I don't have LAN access, only mobile.

Update:
    After couple of only IPv6 working suddenly IPv4 started working. I did nothing. It started working out of the blue. Still I'm afraid the issue will come back so please help

:)

MartinMartinezM1, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi

1. Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi - Similar Threads - IPv4 working WiFi

2. Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6: I have a dell 910 ran into a start PXE over ipv4 and stuck on start pxe over ipv6. I left my computer for a day and it still stuck on ipv6. I've tried some advice on youtube but i havent fixed the problem. Please help....
  3. Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start pxe over ipv4 and start pxe over ipv6: I have a dell 910 ran into a start PXE over ipv4 and stuck on start pxe over ipv6. I left my computer for a day and it still stuck on ipv6. I've tried some advice on youtube but i havent fixed the problem. Please help....
  4. iPv4 not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPv4 not working.: Hello, I just changed iPv4 DNS settings which I set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 just for Discord GIF's loading but it does not work before I set these numbers, how can I fix my iPv4 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4?I've been looking forward way to fix my Discord GIFs not loading or it stuck with...
  5. iPv4 not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iPv4 not working.: Hello, I just changed iPv4 DNS settings which I set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 just for Discord GIF's loading but it does not work before I set these numbers, how can I fix my iPv4 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4?I've been looking forward way to fix my Discord GIFs not loading or it stuck with...
  6. iPv4 not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Start PXE over IPv4

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start PXE over IPv4: Boys I need help... after installing another hard drive it says "Start PXE over IPv4". I tried changing the boot sequence but that didn't work. What do i do? submitted by /u/TootsieRolzz [link] [comments]...
  8. Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.

Network sharing not working over WiFi but works over wired.: Hello, I have some laptops and computers in my office. Suddenly out of the blue today, network sharing has stopped working on WiFi devices but is working fine on wired devices. Why is this happening? I didn't change any setting. I tried restarting the router and laptops...
  9. IPv4 priority over IPv6 on LAN

IPv4 priority over IPv6 on LAN: Hello, I got a place with a small network, a workgroup environment, sharing files. They've worked fine for a long time, then all of a sudden 1 of the computers starts getting errors with the mapped network drive to the "server" computer. Over the past 8 or so months I've...
  10. Forcing Windows 10 to prefer IPv6 over IPv4

Forcing Windows 10 to prefer IPv6 over IPv4: With the ongoing transition to IPv6 away from IPv4, I've been moving my home network over to native IPv6 - successfully for the most part (I run a full dual-stack setup with /64 prefixes without issue to the Internet too). However, I've noticed that with my two computers -...