Windows 10: Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset

Discus and support Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my home network, I have a DNS server set up. I'd like windows to use this server along with the standard Google DNS server. I set up my DNS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stahorszki László, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset

In my home network, I have a DNS server set up. I'd like windows to use this server along with the standard Google DNS server.

I set up my DNS servers like this:

Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset c982d59a-7a63-4181-948c-d00e35da41e8?upload=true.png

I save the settings, even click the validate checkbox. It works for a while, but mainly after restart, all of these settings get reset for some reason.

My router doesn't have IPv6 support activated.

:)

Stahorszki László, Aug 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Aug 8, 2020
  3. CollinsSu Win User
    After usb clean intalling to 1607, which setting may caused that the pppoe ipv6 only get the IP& gateway, but not the DNS?

Hi:

After usb clean intalling to 1607 (Home), which setting may caused that the pppoe ipv6 only be able to auto get the IP& gateway, but not the DNS? (I tried clean install twice, but still has problems. IPv4 is OK)

The manual way of (PPPOE) IPv6 DNS setting is needed in the Window 10 1607 Computer.

It is ok to auto get the IPv6 IP、gateway and, DNS on another Window 7 Computer。(Both are directly wired connect to the FTTH GPON device.)

It is OK in the Windows 10 1511 and 1507 in the same computer。

So should not be the problem of the ISP (Hinet in Taiwan) or the computer.

So the problem might be in some default setting changed in the 1607 version.

PS. Tried (in administrative command) but in vain

1.network reset in the setting.

2.netcfg -d

3.netsh winsock reset, netsh int ip reset, netsh int ipv6 reset, netsh int tcp reset,nbtstat -R, nbtstat -RR, arp /d ( Administrative Power shell Remove-NetIPAddress)

4.ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /release6, ipconfig /renew, ipconfig /renew6,

5.DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (It's OK)

Thanks

CollinsSu, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset

Intermittent problems with TLS handshake and being timed out

Check DNS settings for both network adapters. Your Wifi might be set to use a different DNS server.

Getting message when trying to connect - Windows 10 Forums

Option Two follow steps then pick a DNS server from the list in item 7. Personally I use CloudFlare DNS

EDIT: Reset router first as already suggested.

Callender, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset

1. Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset - Similar Threads - IPv6 DNS settings

2. Cannot change DNS for IPV6 in windows 10 22h2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change DNS for IPV6 in windows 10 22h2.: Hello,I need the following help to fix issue with DNS IPV6 in windows 10 22h2, when I click ok Windows 10 22H2 it tells me that it cannot save the DNS Server for IPV6.Any help to fix this issue would be great.Thanks...
  3. Cannot change DNS for IPV6 in windows 10 22h2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change DNS for IPV6 in windows 10 22h2.: Hello,I need the following help to fix issue with DNS IPV6 in windows 10 22h2, when I click ok Windows 10 22H2 it tells me that it cannot save the DNS Server for IPV6.Any help to fix this issue would be great.Thanks...
  4. Cannot change DNS for IPV6 in windows 10 22h2.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS: I manually set my DNS settings SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > ETHERNET > EDIT DNS SETTINGS. When I try to change my DNS Encryption for the Alternate IPv6, it is grayed out and "Unencrypted Only" is the default. After saving the settings, the manual changes reflect what I...
  6. Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change DNS Encryption for Alternate IPv6 DNS: I manually set my DNS settings SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > ETHERNET > EDIT DNS SETTINGS. When I try to change my DNS Encryption for the Alternate IPv6, it is grayed out and "Unencrypted Only" is the default. After saving the settings, the manual changes reflect what I...
  7. Windows 10 won't save DNS settings when adding an alternative ipv6 dns

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't save DNS settings when adding an alternative ipv6 dns: [ATTACH] The settings work fine until I add an alternative DNS for ipv6, I've never had this problem on previous windows installs. This is on a fresh install of windows. I just get "Can't save IP settings. Check one or more settings and try again."...
  8. Update turned on IPv6? Broke DNS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update turned on IPv6? Broke DNS?: I came to my PC this morning and I couldn't connect to anything on the internet. After some checking, I discovered I could ping IP addresses, but DNS wasn't resolving. Checking my settings, I saw that IPv6 was turned on - I am not positive, but I THINK I had disabled that a...
  9. Windows languages settings keeps getting reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows languages settings keeps getting reset: Hello, for a few months now I've been having troubles with the windows language settings, they just keep getting reset! I have two languages: English (UK) and Hebrew. I used English US, but I changed it. However, after a few hours- days of use, windows adds English US in...
  10. Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows: How to: Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows How to Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows A DNS (Domain Name System) server is the service that makes it possible for you to open a web browser, type a domain name and load your favorite...