Windows 10: Windows 10 IRDA stack

Discus and support Windows 10 IRDA stack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new computer with Windows 10 version 1903. Problem I am running into is an Infra Red USB adapter. I am a diver and my dive computer uses an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 4kdn, Aug 23, 2019.

1. 4kdn Win User

Windows 10 IRDA stack

I have a new computer with Windows 10 version 1903. Problem I am running into is an Infra Red USB adapter. I am a diver and my dive computer uses an IR port to transfer data back and forth to my PC. The USB IR adapter I use works fine on XP and Win 7 but not on Win 10. I have read that MS deleted with IRDA stack in Win 10 (for what reason, I haven't heard). Supposedly Win 10 version 1511 replaced the IRDA stack but support for that version has long since expired. I have just read where there will be no Windows 11 and Windows 10 will simply be updated regularly. Are there any plans to include the IRDA stack in future versions of Win 10? As it stands, my Win 10 computer is useless in regards to my dive data.

:)

2. Lapski Win User

Windows 10 IrDA-Stack Software Update Release??

Subject: Windows 10 IrDA-Stack Software Update Release??

Hello to who may be reviewing this message:

The original release of Windows 10 operating system (OS) did not include infrared capability – Missing the IrDA-stack.
    Other related Microsoft communications indicate that they are intending to reintroduce infrared functionality as an end user OS update.

Please provide the targeted Windows 10 IrDA-stack software update release date.
    If infrared capability is already available, please provide the Microsoft release number and/or OS build number.

Thank you,

Regards,

Lapski, Aug 23, 2019
  3. IRDA stack

Is there a petition we can sign to make microsoft aware of how many people they are effecting by removing this irda stack which may go to encourage them to restore it

KeithSwettenham, Aug 23, 2019
  4. KCoolidge Win User

Windows 10 IRDA stack

Windows 10 IrDA-Stack Software Update Release??

For the 4th time I've had to revert from Windows 10 Pro 64 to Windows 7. This time because my USB IrDA dongle that reads from my SubGear XP10 dive computer no longer works. (ASIX/MosChip Semiconductor Technology 7780)

As I understand it, the Win 10 tech preview included the IrDA stack, but it was removed from the final version.

This is a deal-breaker for me on going to Win 10. My dive computer software is
    the most important software I have installed on this computer.

Please re-introduce the the IrDA stack and let me know when it is available.

Thank you

K. Coolidge

KCoolidge, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 IRDA stack

1. Windows 10 IRDA stack - Similar Threads - IRDA stack

2. IRDA optionnal feature refuses to be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRDA optionnal feature refuses to be installed: The installation process for the IRDA optionnal feature is succesful but the feature does not appear in the list of installed features. Morevover, in the device manager, there is a warning saying that no driver is existing...
  3. IRDA optionnal feature refuses to be installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IRDA optionnal feature refuses to be installed: The installation process for the IRDA optionnal feature is succesful but the feature does not appear in the list of installed features. Morevover, in the device manager, there is a warning saying that no driver is existing...
  4. IrDA driver / stack support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IrDA driver / stack support in Windows 11: Hearing from colleagues that Windows 11 will not have continuous support for IrDA from Windows 11. Could this be confirmed ? And also advise the alternate path to use those IrDA infrared devices with Windows 11 or later releases ? Do we have support to have back compatibility...
  5. IrDA driver / stack support in Windows 11

IrDA driver / stack support in Windows 11: Hearing from colleagues that Windows 11 will not have continuous support for IrDA from Windows 11. Could this be confirmed ? And also advise the alternate path to use those IrDA infrared devices with Windows 11 or later releases ? Do we have support to have back compatibility...
  6. Windows 11 irDA stack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 irDA stack: Does Windows 11 have irDA support? I use a device that connects to my Windows 10 computer using irDA. I had problems when I upgraded to Windowds 10 because the support for an irDA stack had been removed. Some while later the support was added to a later version of Windows 10....
  7. Windows 11 irDA stack

Windows 11 irDA stack: Does Windows 11 have irDA support? I use a device that connects to my Windows 10 computer using irDA. I had problems when I upgraded to Windowds 10 because the support for an irDA stack had been removed. Some while later the support was added to a later version of Windows 10....
  8. Why does my IrDA Driver stopped working after windows 10 update ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my IrDA Driver stopped working after windows 10 update ?: Dear all, Can someone explain why a normal functioning device working on WINDOWS10 stops working on WINDOWS 10 after an update ? what went wrong ? and can it be fixed ? [ATTACH] Thank you...
  9. IrDA optional app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IrDA optional app.: How do I add the IrDA app to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/irda-optional-app/11c3a448-9c23-420d-8c51-cb039e69d6e8
  10. IrDA does not work on Windows 10.0.18362 & 10.0.18363

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IrDA does not work on Windows 10.0.18362 & 10.0.18363: SigmaTel USB-IrDA dongle DriverVer=06/21/2006,6.0.6001.18000 not working on Windows 10.0.18362 & 10.0.18363 Error: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19 But, on ver. 10.0.17763 it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. irda remote control device driver not found

2. usb infrared adapter windows 10

3. windows update affected my usb to infrared adapter

4. powershell add Windows capability element not found irda,
  5. how to restore irda stack windows 10,
  6. windows 10 x64 1903 IrDA,
  7. infrared windows 10,
  8. how to add irda stack back on windows 10 using powershell,
  9. Windows 10 IR stack,
  10. irda adapter windows 10 2019