Windows 10: windows 10 is accepting my product key but win8.1 setup is'nt

Discus and support windows 10 is accepting my product key but win8.1 setup is'nt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a lenovo yoga 300 11iby which originally ran windows 8 but due to a hdd crash, i brought a new one and my dad installed win10 enterprise on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SpandanSahai, Nov 18, 2018.

1. windows 10 is accepting my product key but win8.1 setup is'nt

I have a lenovo yoga 300 11iby which originally ran windows 8 but due to a hdd crash, i brought a new one and my dad installed win10 enterprise on it through his company... Windows10 wasnt activated as i dint have the product key... I downloaded produ key and activated windows10 but now i want to go back to win8 but win8.1 setup (which i downloaded from the microsoft website) doesnt take the product key and it says- "product key dint work so try a different product key"...

I need help so i can go back to windows 8 windows 10 is accepting my product key but win8.1 setup is'nt ae1fa1a6-82b4-4c1f-b1ab-774642c7ef10?upload=true.png

:)

SpandanSahai, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Nawaz_N Win User

windows 10 is accepting my product key but win8.1 setup is'nt

windows 10 not accepting the product key

I have two laptops and both of them has windows 10 reserved. Now I used Microsoft's MediaCreationTool on a laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and selected upgrade this PC in it. It got installed perfectly. Then I made a bootable ISO from the esd file which
    was in the folder $Windows.~WS and made a bootable USB drive to install it on another laptop. Now when I started setup in another laptop with genuine windows 7 pro it asked me to enter the product key and when I entered the product key which I extracted from
    its registry then the setup is not accepting it. Why is it not accepting the product key? do I need to download the whole windows separately on another laptop because this will take a lot of time and data usage.

Nawaz_N, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 is accepting my product key but win8.1 setup is'nt

1. windows 10 is accepting my product key but win8.1 setup is'nt - Similar Threads - accepting product key

2. unable to upgrade win8 to win 8.1. product key is not accepted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to upgrade win8 to win 8.1. product key is not accepted.: unable to upgrade win8 to win 8.1. product key is not accepted . when I enter product key some numbers are not accepted by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-win8-to-win-81-product-key-is/2c8615b2-0905-4537-9a46-ec81a2162dae
  3. unable to upgrade win8 to win 8.1. product key is not accepted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to upgrade win8 to win 8.1. product key is not accepted.: unable to upgrade win8 to win 8.1. product key is not accepted . when I enter product key some numbers are not accepted by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-win8-to-win-81-product-key-is/2c8615b2-0905-4537-9a46-ec81a2162dae
  4. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key not accepted: We have a client using a Windows 10 Surface, purchased some years ago.The windows installation is asking for its activation key, which is not currently known, we have tried the following:CMD: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey -> This gives a key...
  5. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Product Key not accepted: We have a client using a Windows 10 Surface, purchased some years ago.The windows installation is asking for its activation key, which is not currently known, we have tried the following:CMD: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey -> This gives a key...
  6. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

7. Product Key Not Accepted

Product Key Not Accepted: I am hoping to transfer a Windows 10 Pro product key from an old laptop to a new Surface Go currently running in S mode.I have copied the key from the old laptop, removed the product key from it, cleared its registry, and have removed the old laptop from my Microsoft...
  8. windows 10 will not accept product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 will not accept product key: I purchased windows 10 for a computer that I had owned. I replaced the computer and reloaded windows 10 into the new computer. Windows 10 will not accept the product key that came with the software...
  9. My Windows 10 Does Not accept product key.

My Windows 10 Does Not accept product key.: I brought a refurbished PC with windows 10 installed over two years ago. Recently I started to get this "Activate Windows" message. I have the product key that came with the PC upon purchase but it don't work anymore. There was work done on the PC by some college kid who...
  10. Windows 10 install not accepting my product key

Windows 10 install not accepting my product key: Hello, I had a 6TB disk with multiple Windows 10 VMs on them. Restoring the VMs and trying to start, then connecting to them failed I decided to just rebuild the VMs I originally created the VMs, and saved each machine's name and key in a file. Today...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot