Windows 10: Windows 10 is asking for activation everyday. Entering the key, or using troubleshoot only...

Discus and support Windows 10 is asking for activation everyday. Entering the key, or using troubleshoot only... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Title says all. I have no clue what to do. I don't want to have to re-enter they key everyday. Clicking troubleshoot or adding the key itself says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ÉtiennePoulin, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 is asking for activation everyday. Entering the key, or using troubleshoot only...

Title says all. I have no clue what to do. I don't want to have to re-enter they key everyday. Clicking troubleshoot or adding the key itself says "Windows is now activated" but the next day, it wants activation again.

:)

ÉtiennePoulin, Feb 8, 2019
  2. M. Hamer Win User

Troubleshoot activation errors in Windows 10 after a motherboard replacement or entering a Volume License key

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

We have a troubleshooter that can help with certain activation errors you might get:

• If your PC’s manufacturer replaced your motherboard under warranty

• Activation Error 0x803F7001

• If you entered a Volume License product key

Note For these errors, you will need a valid (non-Volume License) product key for Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 to finish the activation.

• 0x8007007B

• 0xC004E016

• 0x8007232B

• 0xC004F074

• 0xC004F038

Before trying the troubleshooter, make sure you are on the most current version of Windows 10. From Start, select
    Settings, then choose System, and then press
    About
    . You should see Version 1511 listed. If you don’t see it, then click
    Settings, Update & Security, Windows Update and click
    Check for updates.

Once you know you’re on version 1511, download and run the troubleshooter:
    http://aka.ms/diag_cssemerg79558

If you had one of the Volume License key errors, you will be asked for a new key after the troubleshooter runs.

If you have trouble running the troubleshooter, please reply below.
    If you have another Activation issue, please post in the Download, Install and Activation folder of the Windows 10 support forum.

Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

Details

Activation errors after motherboard replacement

Starting with Windows 8 and continuing with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, most PC manufactures are injecting their Windows product key into the motherboard of the PC.
    This allows the PC to activate automatically when you first boot up the PC and to re-activate if the PC is ever reset or needs a clean install.
    The product key in the motherboard is edition-specific and will only activate that edition of Windows (Home, Pro, etc.).

When the motherboard is replaced under warranty, Windows will detect a hardware change and look for the new product key that was included in the replaced motherboard.
    Sometimes the new product key is not retrieved by Windows, and you get
    Activation Error 0x803F7001
    . The troubleshooter will ask Windows to re- try retrieving the product key from the new motherboard and activated it.

Correcting the mistake of entering a Global Volume License key

The troubleshooter also corrects a second, less common issue.
    If you searched the web, you might have found and entered a Global Volume License (GVL) Key.
    GVL Keys only work for PCs in an Enterprise environment where the administrator has setup this system of licensing.
    If you mistakenly entered a GVL Key, you PC will no longer accept regular product keys, and will give the activation error 0x8007007B (or even 0xC004E016, 0x8007232B, 0xC004F074, 0xC004F038).
    This troubleshooter will identify the GVL Key and replace it with a regular retail default key.
    Your PC will not activate yet, but now will accept normal retail and OEM product keys.

M. Hamer, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 8, 2019
  4. erixx Win User

Windows 10 is asking for activation everyday. Entering the key, or using troubleshoot only...

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

yeah, just don't forget that MCE gives you a new Windows key.... I had activation errors untill I entered the MCE key....

erixx, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is asking for activation everyday. Entering the key, or using troubleshoot only...

1. Windows 10 is asking for activation everyday. Entering the key, or using troubleshoot only... - Similar Threads - asking activation everyday

2. Ask about the enter key on keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ask about the enter key on keyboard: Hi guys, I have some problems with my keyboard on the ASUS laptop. When I press the Enter key in the right corner, the calculator appears. I want to ask you how can the enter key back to the normal function. Thanks for all your replies....
  3. Ask about the enter key on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask about the enter key on keyboard: Hi guys, I have some problems with my keyboard on the ASUS laptop. When I press the Enter key in the right corner, the calculator appears. I want to ask you how can the enter key back to the normal function. Thanks for all your replies....
  4. Only Enter key is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only Enter key is not working: I have Windows 10 laptop. Firstly, my laptop's keyboard was not working properly. It is behaving like ctrl key is stucked not physically. I installed all pending updates for drivers and windows. windows is up-to-date and so drivers. Then after 2-3 days it is working fine, But...
  5. Only Enter key is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only Enter key is not working: I have Windows 10 laptop. Firstly, my laptop's keyboard was not working properly. It is behaving like ctrl key is stucked not physically. I installed all pending updates for drivers and windows. windows is up-to-date and so drivers. Then after 2-3 days it is working fine, But...
  6. Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?: I've had this windows 10 pro version a while (upgraded from Windows 8 pro years ago when they were doing promos for 10), but coupel days ago I've had a watermark on my main screen saying to activate windows and go to settings. I tried this and nothing worked. Is this the same...
  7. Windows 10 Activation key troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation key troubleshoot: Few monts ago i got a PC and a product key. The problem is when i insert the key in it wont work. I always get the same error: 0x80070424 It says to check my connection. My internet is working really good. It also says my PC cant connect to a crucial windows service???...
  8. Activate Windows 10 everyday.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 everyday.: Hello, sorry to bother but I need help. My Windows 10 deactivated every time I turn off my laptop. When I turn it on to use it again I have to activate Windows 10 again. I have no problem activating my Windows, but is a problem that I have to do it every time I want to use...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise asking for Activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise asking for Activation key: I purchased a used laptop for my son who is in college. The laptop met the schools recommended RAM, processor, etc.. He is now getting a constant pop-up asking him for an activation key. What is the best way to handle this situation? Can we just purchase a new Windows disk?...
  10. Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10: How to: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 How to Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Windows 10 build 14371, Microsoft is introducing the Activation troubleshooter that will help you...