Windows 10: Windows 10 is bigger than my screen will show

Discus and support Windows 10 is bigger than my screen will show in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything had been fine. I updated to Windows 10 several months ago. Somehow today, everything changed. I had been in Outlook while I had breakfast.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GabriellePerson, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 is bigger than my screen will show

Everything had been fine. I updated to Windows 10 several months ago. Somehow today, everything changed. I had been in Outlook while I had breakfast. Highest resolution 1920x1080. I left and came back and suddenly Outlook was huge. I could not get to my task bar. I could barely get into Settings to get the Display settings open. I was only able to go to the lowest resolutions and still see my entire screen. Presently, I'm on 1024x768. If I try even the next resolution up, 1152x648, I lose my task bar and everything stretches past the edges of my screen.

I am using a small flat screen TV for my monitor, though an HDMI cable. I've tried the Picture Size settings on the remote of the TV but it hasn't changed anything. I do have cats and they like to be on my desk. Cats, if you're not aware, can find hotkey settings you never knew by walking or sitting on your keyboard. But that didn't happen here. My keyboard is on a keyboard tray and it was slid in. I've tried F11 but my Outlook didn't change, so it's not in full screen mode. There's got to be something else going on.

I checked the drives for my video card and PnP display. All are up to date. What else can I try? I want my high resolution back, but the computer is unusable at anything higher than 1024x768 right now. I thought to do screen prints, but they always catch the whole screen, even when it's larger than my 24-inch TV so it doesn't really help.

Is there any way I can tell Windows I have a 24-inch TV? Not a 65-inch TV?

:)

GabriellePerson, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 25, 2020
  4. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 is bigger than my screen will show

Windows 10 "Bubbles" Screen Saver

Hi guy's,

On Windows 7 the screen saver didn't go to a black screen but it showed the desktop. Not getting that with Windows 10. Whats the deal? Have GTX750Ti

rk3066, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is bigger than my screen will show

1. Windows 10 is bigger than my screen will show - Similar Threads - bigger screen show

2. Make text bigger than 225%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make text bigger than 225%: I want to make ONLY TEXT bigger, and the slider for that is maxed out at 225% but i personally need something closer to 300%-315%. I'm using a small screen and seated a few feet away so the text is unreaable, i can not physically get any closer to the screen. I can't use the...
  3. My search bar looks bigger than before

in Cortana
    My search bar looks bigger than before: Please help me fix this problem, I tried to reset this search bar many times but it doesn't work. It's weird after I crashed my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-looks-bigger-than-before/81a7e166-ceed-4a1c-bc0d-25cb725d9697
  4. Storage shows bigger SSD than i actually have

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage shows bigger SSD than i actually have: Hi All,First time poster. I just went in to check storage on my laptop. I have a 512GB SSD but "storage" in settings shows 953GB.. I use ondrive 1TB and Google Drive 100GB. If I right click and look at the c drive properties in file explorer it shows the correct stats. Any...
  5. image is bigger than the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    image is bigger than the screen: After an update I cannot see the edges of my screen, its like the screen has zoomed in and the edges are cut off. I have tried all the display settings, changed everything, nothing has worked. can anyone help me please? I am using a lenovo tablet/computer attached via HDMI...
  6. some app is bigger than the screen laptop on windows 10

some app is bigger than the screen laptop on windows 10: [ATTACH] Dear all. I need help from you that my computer show some app is bigger than the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-app-is-bigger-than-the-screen-laptop-on/99baa409-8cff-4a1a-adae-7271c46d1c09
  7. Display bigger than monitor?

Display bigger than monitor?: My display is bigger than the actual monitor. I am on the recommended resolution and icon size, still cant see edges of display as my screen is too small. It is set to the Samsung Monitor which has worked fine for my PS4 during the last 4 years. What can I do to fix this?...
  8. Black screen with bigger than normal cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with bigger than normal cursor: Model: Lenovo Legion L530 8gb ram Hdd 1tb 7200rpm Core i5 8300h Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti My laptop updated almost a month ago to windows 10 1903 In the last days my laptop has been working great, relatively fast boot times, hard drive not going to 100%, etc. But last...
  9. Application's Window is Bigger than Monitor Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Application's Window is Bigger than Monitor Screen: The window of application (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) is larger than the monitor screen. As a result the controls are beyond the reach of the mouse pointer. The window of another application (Inventor) almost covers the entire screen Is it possible to make the window of...
  10. Windows 10 Cursor problam - Way bigger than it should be.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Cursor problam - Way bigger than it should be.: Hey all, I got a bug with windows mouse cursor at 10240 build. The mouse is way bigger and isn't accurate as it should be.. Trying to change cursor icon from Control Panel>Mouse doesn't helps. Heres how it looks and how it should look. (Look at the attachment) 8728