Windows 10: Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow.

Discus and support Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright so I just built a pc which has a Ryzen 2600 cpu 8gb ddr4 2400mhz 240gb ssd kingston (i have about 120gb free as of right now) 500w evga... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kevincervantespc, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow.

Alright so I just built a pc which has a

Ryzen 2600 cpu

8gb ddr4 2400mhz

240gb ssd kingston (i have about 120gb free as of right now)

500w evga psu

msi b450m pro 2 mobo

powercolor rx 570 oc 4gb

When i first installed windows from a usb drive with the media creation tool my pc was fine then i rebooted it and the performance was terrible. I did another fresh install with another usb and now windows 10 is slow. Startup programs do not start up sometimes and when they do not my pc feels like a pc from 1994 not to forget that gaming feels choppy, in fortnite i average 180fps but it feels like i am playing at 25fps. After 3-5 reboots they start up like they should and games work alright with stutters here and there which are so annoying. I open up task manager and sometimes my disk is at 0% or sometimes at 100%. My pc will freeze in chrome which is not supposed to even happen when watching youtube as the videos are in 1080p. I notice that my ssd is always delayed like it takes about 3 seconds to respond but then after it works like it should. I do not know what the problem may be but a lot of searching around and this is a windows 10 issue. The solutions I found online help but after a reboot they reset back.

:)

kevincervantespc, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 high disk usage startup

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for your response.

If there are multiple startup programs enabled in the system which could be causing the high disk usage. Startup programs are programs that launches automatically when you boot the computer.

These programs are either enabled manually or while installing. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task manager.
    • Click "Startup" tab.
    • Under startup tab, Disable any unnecessary Programs that you do not need during startup.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persist or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2018
  3. high disk usage on startup (windows 10)

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

From what you have described, it looks like there are multiple startup programs enabled in the system which could be causing the high disk usage. Startup programs are programs that launches automatically when you boot the computer. These programs are either
    enabled manually or while installing. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open task manager.

2. Click "startup" tab.

3. Under startup tab, disable any unnecessary programs that you do not need during startup.

4. Restart the computer and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow.

High CPU usage in Windows 10.

Hello Gred,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with high CPU usage in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• What do you mean when you say "there are many scheduled updates that I can not see"?
    • Do you mean you are not receiving Windows updates?

High CPU percentage may be due to various reasons like too many programs running in the background or a certain program is consuming high CPU usage. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Place your system in Clean boot state and find out which software or program is causing the issue:

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Refer the article below to perform clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please refer to the section:
    How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install
    a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your
    computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.
    If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

Step 2: Further I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps:

Windows performance recorder

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow.

1. Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow. - Similar Threads - broken Startup programs

2. 100 % Disk usage making a overall slowness to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 % Disk usage making a overall slowness to laptop: Hi,I have been facing issue of 100 % disk usage in task manager , and never go down below , i have tried below methods>Tried formatting laptop >no app running in background>Tried checking over internet for this issue and nowhere proper steps to fix itwould be highly obliged...
  3. 100 % Disk usage making a overall slowness to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 % Disk usage making a overall slowness to laptop: Hi,I have been facing issue of 100 % disk usage in task manager , and never go down below , i have tried below methods>Tried formatting laptop >no app running in background>Tried checking over internet for this issue and nowhere proper steps to fix itwould be highly obliged...
  4. 100 % Disk usage making a overall slowness to laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage: My laptop is msi gl65 9scxr now 6 months oldi5 9300hgtx 165016GB ddr4512GB Kingston OM8PCP3512F-Al1 m.2 nvme ssd shipped with laptop contains C drive and D drive512GB addlink SATA ssdI have problem with the high reads and writes in Kingstonwindows installed on it . When not...
  6. Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & 11 idle high ssd usage and high cpu usage: My laptop is msi gl65 9scxr now 6 months oldi5 9300hgtx 165016GB ddr4512GB Kingston OM8PCP3512F-Al1 m.2 nvme ssd shipped with laptop contains C drive and D drive512GB addlink SATA ssdI have problem with the high reads and writes in Kingstonwindows installed on it . When not...
  7. high disk usage and pc stuttering

high disk usage and pc stuttering: my laptop's disk usage is high always..and it stutters...system and something called behavioral detection system takes most usage is on top. What can i do also memory usage is high[ATTACH]...
  8. CPU high usage at start up

CPU high usage at start up: My Dell computer is running high CPU 100% at start up and not responding for 3 minutes any applications on my computer. This is happening everyday after since 5 months used. Please help me to how to solve this....
  9. StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups): A couple of years ago my fairly new computer started to take forever to boot. Actually, boot time was okay, the problem was getting to the desktop and then waiting up to five minutes for the desktop to fully load to be able to launch anything! Looking for information on what...
  10. Windows 10 Pro start up slow on SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro start up slow on SSD: I feel my work laptop is starting up quite slowly (sometimes, it gets to the login screen quite quick, but certainly not as fast as some on SSD - 10 to 15 secs). Are there any programs I can runt o determine what may be slowing it down. Sometimes it only takes a minute to...