Windows 10: Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow.

Discus and support Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright so I just built a pc which has a Ryzen 2600 cpu 8gb ddr4 2400mhz 240gb ssd kingston (i have about 120gb free as of right now) 500w evga... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kevincervantespc, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow.

Alright so I just built a pc which has a

Ryzen 2600 cpu

8gb ddr4 2400mhz

240gb ssd kingston (i have about 120gb free as of right now)

500w evga psu

msi b450m pro 2 mobo

powercolor rx 570 oc 4gb

When i first installed windows from a usb drive with the media creation tool my pc was fine then i rebooted it and the performance was terrible. I did another fresh install with another usb and now windows 10 is slow. Startup programs do not start up sometimes and when they do not my pc feels like a pc from 1994 not to forget that gaming feels choppy, in fortnite i average 180fps but it feels like i am playing at 25fps. After 3-5 reboots they start up like they should and games work alright with stutters here and there which are so annoying. I open up task manager and sometimes my disk is at 0% or sometimes at 100%. My pc will freeze in chrome which is not supposed to even happen when watching youtube as the videos are in 1080p. I notice that my ssd is always delayed like it takes about 3 seconds to respond but then after it works like it should. I do not know what the problem may be but a lot of searching around and this is a windows 10 issue. The solutions I found online help but after a reboot they reset back.

:)

kevincervantespc, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 high disk usage startup

Hi Yousef,

Thank you for your response.

If there are multiple startup programs enabled in the system which could be causing the high disk usage. Startup programs are programs that launches automatically when you boot the computer.

These programs are either enabled manually or while installing. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task manager.
    • Click "Startup" tab.
    • Under startup tab, Disable any unnecessary Programs that you do not need during startup.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persist or not.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2018
  3. high disk usage on startup (windows 10)

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

From what you have described, it looks like there are multiple startup programs enabled in the system which could be causing the high disk usage. Startup programs are programs that launches automatically when you boot the computer. These programs are either
    enabled manually or while installing. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open task manager.

2. Click "startup" tab.

3. Under startup tab, disable any unnecessary programs that you do not need during startup.

4. Restart the computer and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow.

High CPU usage in Windows 10.

Hello Gred,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with high CPU usage in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• What do you mean when you say "there are many scheduled updates that I can not see"?
    • Do you mean you are not receiving Windows updates?

High CPU percentage may be due to various reasons like too many programs running in the background or a certain program is consuming high CPU usage. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Place your system in Clean boot state and find out which software or program is causing the issue:

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Refer the article below to perform clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please refer to the section:
    How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install
    a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your
    computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists.
    If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

Step 2: Further I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps:

Windows performance recorder

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow.

1. Windows 10 is broken! Startup programs not starting up, ssd usage high, stutters, overall slow. - Similar Threads - broken Startup programs

2. System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open: System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f7c13e5f-fe9c-4a8f-98cc-3d25990168c3
  3. windows 10 slow to start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 slow to start up: windows 10 is taking ages to start up. its like having my old pc back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-slow-to-start-up/4a522db0-9e09-49a1-8a8c-6d895124f8e9
  4. csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    csrss and dwm processes High GPU Usage causing stutterings: Today a problem started randomly. My desktop is stuttering, Youtube, anything. But when i disable AMD Radeon display on Device Manager, it stopps the stuttering, i already tried to reinstall graphic drivers, but any version i install, keeps the stutterings. So the only option...
  5. Audio Stuttering and not starting up correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Stuttering and not starting up correctly: So I've had audio issues with my computer for a while now. THE ISSUE #1: The audio will stutter or sound like a buzz every now and again. The issue isn't consistent either. Some days it will be completely fine and I'll have no stuttering, other days it will do it within...
  6. A couple of q's - startup programs automatically and broken start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A couple of q's - startup programs automatically and broken start menu: Hello, I'm trying to run programs upon boot in W10 but it doesn't work. I have put them in Start folder and if I go to Task manager I can see the programs are there as well in Startup tab and enabled...but they will not start. I have to manually launch them anyway. I...
  7. Windows 10 Pro start up slow on SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro start up slow on SSD: I feel my work laptop is starting up quite slowly (sometimes, it gets to the login screen quite quick, but certainly not as fast as some on SSD - 10 to 15 secs). Are there any programs I can runt o determine what may be slowing it down. Sometimes it only takes a minute to...
  8. Windows 10 slow start up with SSD, WPR provided

Windows 10 slow start up with SSD, WPR provided: Hi Folks My windows 10 i5,8gig, 256g ssdcomputer suddenly started to take 3 minutes to start up even on restart. I have ran antivirus, boot process viewer, malware byte but to no avail. Attached is my WPR, any guidance is appreciated (I dont know how to read the WPR even...
  9. High Disk Usage during Startup, slows down my pc

High Disk Usage during Startup, slows down my pc: Hi, I just installed win 10 last day, and it was going fine, no conflicts on the drivers whatsoever. But after a day, when I booted up, it seems to have slowed down to a point that everything does not respond to my inputs, though it does after a couple of minutes, i check the...
  10. High Memory Usage (up to 95%) as Compressed, Slows Computer

High Memory Usage (up to 95%) as Compressed, Slows Computer: I have 16 Gb of ram. Over the course of a couple weeks, the usage as compressed memory builds up to about 95%, at which point programs begin responding slower and my mouse seems to drop frames. Image below. I've tried disabling superfetch, which i heard may have been...