Windows 10: Windows 10 is confused about my microsoft account.

Discus and support Windows 10 is confused about my microsoft account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When Windows 10 says I need to fix a problem with my Microsoft account it correctly displays my account email address, I enter the password and all is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gdavidbrown, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 is confused about my microsoft account.

When Windows 10 says I need to fix a problem with my Microsoft account it correctly displays my account email address, I enter the password and all is well until I try to do something which requires I sign in to my microsoft account. Then, it displays an Outlook email address I haven't used in years and doesn't recognize any password I used in the past. Is there any way to straighten this out? I've tried account recovery, but it refuses to give me access to that account. Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

gdavidbrown, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 is confused about my microsoft account. :(

Zakin, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10 is confused about my microsoft account.

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is confused about my microsoft account.

1. Windows 10 is confused about my microsoft account. - Similar Threads - confused microsoft account

2. confused about account types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    confused about account types: I have a different name and password for each device that is associated with some type of account. I don't have to sign in to my Microsoft until I have to access the store or other random times. I am denied access to some OF MY OWN files on my main computer and have trouble...
  3. confused about account types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    confused about account types: I have a different name and password for each device that is associated with some type of account. I don't have to sign in to my Microsoft until I have to access the store or other random times. I am denied access to some OF MY OWN files on my main computer and have trouble...
  4. confused about account types

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. microsoft account confusion

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    microsoft account confusion: when i got my pc my brothers friend sighed they're microsoft account on it and i didnt know that is they're a way to not lose my data on my computer i'm confused someone please help...
  6. Microsoft Accounts confusion and Outlook confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Accounts confusion and Outlook confusion: A Account confusion: I had to re-install Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 for the third time as for various reasons my new PC had to be reset to factory settings twice. Having a MS account using my e-mail address call it here #1 at the 3rd install was not accepted. Trying #2...
  7. Microsoft Windows 10 Seems Confused About Accounts Over LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows 10 Seems Confused About Accounts Over LAN: Hi, So, first a little background. I've been running a home network since the late 90's, variously using 98, XP, Vista, 7 and now finally 10 over the years. I've never had so many problems with basic network functionality until these last two years. But this isn't a gripe...
  8. Windows 10 has confused my local account with my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 has confused my local account with my Microsoft Account: Hello - I just restarted my computer to fix my USB sound problem. And then when I tried to logon to Windows 10 on my desktop, I saw the picture I use for my Microsoft Account, put in my desktop password thinking nothing of it. Then when Windows 10 loaded, most of my desktop...
  9. Microsoft Account Confusion

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Confusion: When I first setup my PC I used my MS account to login. The account name was an email address from cox.net. However shortly thereafter I changed to a local account. A few months ago I changed the account name to a Gmail address in anticipation of changing my internet provider...
  10. My confusion about Windows 10 and Drivers.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My confusion about Windows 10 and Drivers.: Whenever I install windows 10 on the system, I have difficulty to decide how should I install drivers, and there is a reason for that, in this context I'm talking about pc/laptop which don't have windows 10 drivers on their manufacturer site. I thought that if windows 10...