Windows 10: Windows 10 is deactivated, the watermark is showing up

Discus and support Windows 10 is deactivated, the watermark is showing up in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was using Windows 10 Home for at least 3 years now and never had a problem until now. ''Activate Windows" watermark has started to showing up, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AiridasT, Mar 24, 2020.

1. AiridasT Win User

Windows 10 is deactivated, the watermark is showing up

I was using Windows 10 Home for at least 3 years now and never had a problem until now. ''Activate Windows" watermark has started to showing up, it sometimes goes away after a restart but after a while it comes back up. Anytime, whether the watermark is there or not, in the settings it, this error appears: Unable to activate windows. The last product key you entered can't be used on this copy of windows. 0x800705b4

The laptop has been bought with windows 10 Home already per-installed.

I have tried to troubleshoot the problem but I had no luck the same message appears prompting to buy a new key.

I have done some research online that some time ago users had the same problem with Windows 10 Pro becoming deactivated but none of the methods of they used did not work for me.

I would be grateful for any help I get as I have ran out of ideas.

:)

AiridasT, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
  3. entropy13 Win User
    TPU.org watermark location

Your drawing sucks. *Laugh :laugh:

But well, yeah, a slightly smaller watermark would do. Although you should still be able to place it at least, and not just be at the bottom like your suggestion.

entropy13, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 is deactivated, the watermark is showing up

Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        Windows 10 is deactivated, the watermark is showing up c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is deactivated, the watermark is showing up

1. Windows 10 is deactivated, the watermark is showing up - Similar Threads - deactivated watermark showing

2. Windows 10 unexpectedly showing Activation Watermark

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 unexpectedly showing Activation Watermark: I have an HP all-in-one. Bought in 2016 with Win 8. It was connected to the internet and activated. Then it was updated to Win 10. and all available updates at that time were loaded. After that it was relocated to a remote location where there is no internet vailable.After...
  3. Windows 10 unexpectedly showing Activation Watermark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 unexpectedly showing Activation Watermark: I have an HP all-in-one. Bought in 2016 with Win 8. It was connected to the internet and activated. Then it was updated to Win 10. and all available updates at that time were loaded. After that it was relocated to a remote location where there is no internet vailable.After...
  4. Windows 10 unexpectedly showing Activation Watermark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Activation troubleshooter not working and causing watermark to show up on activated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation troubleshooter not working and causing watermark to show up on activated...: Version: Windows 10 pro - 21H2. I'm currently facing the issue of the watermark appearing after a few hours of my computer being turned on. "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try again....
  6. Activate windows watermark randomly started showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate windows watermark randomly started showing up.: I built a PC about a month ago, and activated windows using the key that I bought. For whatever reason, the other day it started showing the watermark every time I started the computer. Now it shows up after I have been on my PC for a while. It is really frustrating and I...
  7. Activate windows watermark randomly started showing up.

Activate windows watermark randomly started showing up.: I built a PC about a month ago, and activated windows using the key that I bought. For whatever reason, the other day it started showing the watermark every time I started the computer. Now it shows up after I have been on my PC for a while. It is really frustrating and I...
  8. Activate windows watermark randomly started showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Showing X watermarks on Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing X watermarks on Windows: [IMG]I I'm facing this problem recently. Mostly every logo image on Windows or even inside power point slides picture shows triangle shape. Search bars logo also shows this and inside web pages logo also shows half. Again, my Google chrome browser doesn't show anything it's...
  10. "Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though

"Activate Windows" watermark showing up in Windows 10 Pro even though: Hello there, I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 (9380) which came with a Windows 10 Home edition. All was working well, I activated it and this went through successfully. I then decided to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (as I wanted the Hyper-V option for running Docker) and...