Windows 10: Windows 10 is displaying weird, nonsensical messages.

Discus and support Windows 10 is displaying weird, nonsensical messages. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know what topic to put this under, so I'm leaving it in performance and system failures. Hey, so I am having some issues with the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Miyuzu, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Miyuzu Win User

Windows 10 is displaying weird, nonsensical messages.

I don't know what topic to put this under, so I'm leaving it in performance and system failures.

Hey, so I am having some issues with the computer. Today after booting up my computer I have noticed that some messages displayed are nonsensical, mostly on wi-fi, but there are some in settings itself.

Not sure if images are supported here, but https://i.imgur.com/91u1zp1.png is what I see when I look at the available networks. First one is what I'm connected to, second one is a network I have no access to.

Settings also have weird messages

https://i.imgur.com/MZzoIRF.png

https://i.imgur.com/vNKITJN.png note the "pcs on my local network" on time settings, the message above the timeline and the last bar.

What I have tried so far to fix it was reboot, scan for corruptions using sfc and doing windows defender offline scan with no results. I don't think these problems impact peformance but should I be concerned? Thanks in advance.

:)

Miyuzu, Aug 10, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Weird text outlining- Windows 10

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Windows 10?

• What exactly do you mean by weird text outlining?

• Are you facing any issue with applications?
    In the screenshot, I am unable to see any weird outlining. But if you are seeing any issue with the display then I suggest you to try installing all the pending Windows Updates and check for the issue. If the issue still persists then try changing
    the resolution and check.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is displaying weird, nonsensical messages. - Similar Threads - displaying weird nonsensical

2. weird display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    weird display: i asked this question before and uploaded a pic, but i think i didnt do it right so i do it again, i bought a wacom tablet and now my sceern display is on some mode my guess windows ink and i REALLY REALLY want the defult display......
  3. weird display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird display: i asked this question before and uploaded a pic, but i think i didnt do it right so i do it again, i bought a wacom tablet and now my sceern display is on some mode my guess windows ink and i REALLY REALLY want the defult display......
  4. weird display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird desktop display

Weird desktop display: Hi ,My desk top is showing up in a weird display.I want to restore it to a normal display.any help here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-display/6e99f8bc-86e0-4ba1-bf9b-ecd144373cc4
  6. Weird Display Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Display Issue: I don't know how to describe this issue, so I haven't been able to find any solutions online, but it is incredibly annoying and is affecting my ability to work on my laptop. As you can see, most everything is black, including the task bar and any websites I visit also a...
  7. Weird error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird error message: When I log in as the admin on my Windows 10 PC, I get this weird error message. What do I need to fix? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-error-message/b13e587d-4727-4668-ac6e-056a9593e805
  8. Windows 10 weird display.

Windows 10 weird display.: I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop. It works functionally well so far, but from what I am seeing the display is a bit weird. Everything looks sharp, whether be it the font or the graphics. I know this because I have seen the same Windows 10 running on several other...
  9. Nonsense Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nonsense Updates: Every day I get an update and nothing changes when they are installed. As soon as I start up my computer again after installing an update, it says I have to install another update. I have lost work and downloads have been canceled as well all due to constant updating. It...
  10. Weird issue displaying windows.

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird issue displaying windows.: Prior to a recent set of Updates Windows 10 would let me display windows side by side with no issues. Since these updates (WHICH I HAD NO CONTROL OVER)... When I select display windows side by side I get windows didplayed one above the other??? Anyone any idea what the heck...