Windows 10: Windows 10 is extremely slow

Discus and support Windows 10 is extremely slow in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have no idea why this is. I was running Windows 10 perfectly on my Dell Latitude E7440 but now everything just runs so slowly. I tried resetting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quasimo_to, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 is extremely slow

I have no idea why this is. I was running Windows 10 perfectly on my Dell Latitude E7440 but now everything just runs so slowly. I tried resetting my laptop twice but the same errors still persist?? I also attempted to modify the minimum and maximum amounts of ram Windows will use but still it's not working?

- Intel Core i7-4600u

- 500GB HDD + 256GB SSD (Windows is installed on the HDD, Linux is installed on the SSD)

- 8 GB of Memory

What is going on?

submitted by /u/Quasimo_to
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quasimo_to, Dec 24, 2020

2. Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 is extremely slow

Windows 10 EXTREMELY slow performance!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Also, suggest you to check if the issue persists in Safe Mode.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is extremely slow

1. Windows 10 is extremely slow - Similar Threads - extremely slow

2. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  3. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  4. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  5. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  6. Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN: Hello all,I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 11 Pro. Whenever I connect to VPN from Windows my speed is 0.01 mbps.I searched for solutions and I tried:Running wireshark at background didn't do anything for meTrying to remove updates I don't have them installed i think...
  7. Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN

Extremely Slow Internet Connection via L2TP VPN: Hello all,I got a new Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 11 Pro. Whenever I connect to VPN from Windows my speed is 0.01 mbps.I searched for solutions and I tried:Running wireshark at background didn't do anything for meTrying to remove updates I don't have them installed i think...
  8. My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...: My laptop extremely running slow even I just open the file explorer easliy not responding or browser. I already tried to space up my Local Disk C until it doesn't seem red, but my drive D still red because I don't have external disk anymore. I also already uninstalled all the...
  9. My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...: My laptop extremely running slow even I just open the file explorer easliy not responding or browser. I already tried to space up my Local Disk C until it doesn't seem red, but my drive D still red because I don't have external disk anymore. I also already uninstalled all the...
  10. My laptop just running extremely slow even just open the file explorer and browsing in...