Windows 10: Windows 10 is fantastic, but still very inconsistant

Discus and support Windows 10 is fantastic, but still very inconsistant in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; See Imgur to understand what I mean. I was hoping these issues would of been sorted out in the final release, is this just a byproduct of a single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SgtSilock, Jul 30, 2015.

1. SgtSilock Win User

Windows 10 is fantastic, but still very inconsistant

See Imgur to understand what I mean.

I was hoping these issues would of been sorted out in the final release, is this just a byproduct of a single OS being used for both tablet and desktop? In other words, can this not be 'fixed'?

:)

SgtSilock, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Ques Tion Win User

Switches to headphones

Quirks 10 reinstalled the headphones again. It is inconsistent and very annoying. It is consistent and not annoying. It was inconsistent and is very annoying. Quirks 10 am inconsistent and usually a little annoying. ad nauseum.

Ques Tion, Jul 30, 2015
  3. E75-very short ringtone (1s) but call is still ringing

It has something to do with the tap to silence function, it is a known fault on the boards, do a search mate, or simply turn it off Windows 10 is fantastic, but still very inconsistant :)

What happens is, when the phone rings it vibrates also but mistakes this as you tapping the phone to silence it. Hope this helps buddy.

metalfan---01, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Windows 10 is a "Living OS" that will evolve over time. It was never intended that the July 29th release would be "completely finished", as Microsoft is taking a iterative approach to Windows 10, releasing new features and evolutionary changes step by step, rather than waiting for everything to be finished in one big bang.

This solves the issue where there is a sudden jarring change, like what happened with Windows 7 to Windows 8 migration, and also prevents prolonged development cycles like we saw with XP -> Vista. It will now be a case of boiling a frog slowly.

Mystere, Jul 30, 2015
  5. SgtSilock Win User
    I understand that, but I would of thought having a consistent UI would of been something they would of strived for from the get-go and not over the course of its life.

SgtSilock, Jul 30, 2015
  6. TheZeeMan Win User
    Not in the agile world. UI's change all the time, look at the Xbox One's UI for example, they redid the entire thing and it's supposed to be pushed out shortly.

TheZeeMan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is fantastic, but still very inconsistant - Similar Threads - fantastic still very

2. Windows 10 system language inconsistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system language inconsistant: My system language is English and everything seems to be fine until the moment when I want to turn off/restart my computer. When the computer asks me if I really want to turn off as I have some windows left open, the messages are shown in French. I bought this computer in...
  3. Windows 10 system language inconsistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system language inconsistant: My system language is English and everything seems to be fine until the moment when I want to turn off/restart my computer. When the computer asks me if I really want to turn off as I have some windows left open, the messages are shown in French. I bought this computer in...
  4. Inconsistent hard freeze, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inconsistent hard freeze, Windows 10: Hello. I've had this problem for a while now. It was even happening before I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It seems that it happens almost every time I play video games. It hard freezes, the only thing I can do is hold down the power button and restart it. I ran...
  5. I'm getting very inconsistent transfer speeds on a USB 3.0.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I'm getting very inconsistent transfer speeds on a USB 3.0.: As you can see from the images, i am getting these moments where the speed drops to 0 for about 10 seconds then picks back up to full speed again. It reminds me of a 'saw blade' or 'thread' lol. [img] 165754
  6. ClearType inconsistency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    ClearType inconsistency in Windows 10: Hi, Can somebody shed some light on the following inconsistency of ClearType of Windows 10? I have defined some specific registry keys for ClearType parameters as explained here:...
  7. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20161 is fantastic!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20161 is fantastic!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Purple-Scientist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkzpxa/windows_10_insider_preview_build_20161_is/
  8. Windows 10 inconsistent with Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 inconsistent with Updates: Hi folks When I try and update to Insider via Windows update it at boot (having done the updates) on one rogue machine fails and rolls back to before the update. Download the .iso and update from within Windows (note W10 can mount isos - no prob) works perfectly What's the...
  9. Windows 10 inconsistent with Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 inconsistent with Updates: Hi folks When I try and update to Insider via Windows update it at boot (having done the updates) on one rogue machine fails and rolls back to before the update. Download the .iso and update from within Windows (note W10 can mount isos - no prob) works perfectly What's the...
  10. Windows 10 is very very very dangerous

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is very very very dangerous: I always back up my computer, that is not a problem, However, after Windows gets to version 10 it should be able to handle minor tasks. I downloaded 10 from Microsoft and did the upgrade. - Many people do not install form scratch as it is very time consuming and today's...