Windows 10: Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter

Discus and support Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Frames per second (FPS) is linked to monitoring refresh rates during gameplays on computers, consoles and smartphones. A game running at high FPS will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 22, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter

Frames per second (FPS) is linked to monitoring refresh rates during gameplays on computers, consoles and smartphones. A game running at high FPS will look smoother, and it’s important to monitor FPS if you want to determine the gaming performance.

You can display a game’s FPS with Steam’s built-in FPS display, NVIDIA GeForce Experience software and other third-party tools.

Microsoft is rolling out a new update to Windows 10 Game Bar, which includes a new FPS counter. While third-party apps noted above have always offered a way to monitor FPS, Microsoft has finally recognized that Windows 10 needs a native solution and a smoother way to understand games performance.

It’s a long-overdue move that would delight gamers who use Windows as their daily driver for gaming.

Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter Windows-10-FPS-counter.jpg

Microsoft is shipping Windows 10’s built-in FPS counter with October 2019 update for Game Bar, which can be opened by hitting the Win+G key combination. Game Bar also allows users to quickly check CPU, GPU, and memory usage.

Microsoft says the new Game Bar experience will download and install automatically when it’s stable, but you can check for updates on Windows Store and download the update manually as well. Windows Insider program and preview builds aren’t required for the FPS counter to work.

Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter Game-Bar.jpg

To enable Windows 10 FPS counter, you need to update the app and agree to additional permissions from Windows after launching Game Bar with Win+G key combination. After granting the permissions, a system reboot is also required to finish the setup.

FPS counter shows up only when you are in a game. All games including the traditional PC games, Windows Store and even emulators are supported by the FPS counter, which tracks the last 60 seconds of gameplay.

Microsoft has also added a few options to customize the experience. For example, you can change the graph position, adjust the transparency of the backplate, and select a custom colour for accent.

By default, you’ll see the performance data on the right corner of your screen.

Upcoming Task Manager improvements

Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter Disk-type.jpg

In related news, Windows 10’s Spring 2020 Update will introduce two new features for the Task Manager.

The update will add disk type to the Performance tab in Task Manager, so you can check if the installed drive installed your desktop or laptop is an SSD or HDD.
    Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter GPU-temp.jpg

Windows 10 will also display GPU temperature in the Performance Tab of Task Manager. In the near future, CPU temperature monitoring will also find its way to the Task Manager.

While the Task Manager improvements are arriving next year, the FPS counter is rolling out to everyone via Microsoft Store update for Game Bar.

The post Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

How to turn off the yellow FPS counter in the top left corner?

The display of an FPS Counter is normally in the game itself or possibly the PC Graphics Card Controller. Similar problems have been reported with GeForce cards on NVIDEA Forums, which would suggest some Driver/Software incompatibility issue.

See:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/862140/geforce-experience/fps-counter-on-windows-10-icons/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/862140/geforce-experience/fps-counter-on-windows-10-icons/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/856554/shadowplay-display-fps-issues-windows-10/

Erdeslawe, Oct 22, 2019
  3. BEK
    BeK Win User
    Best FPS Counter?

I am looking for a FPS counter that I can use with EVERY game. I'm looking for something preferably with a minimalist display or at least customizable.

Fraps is old and doesn't work on any of my games.
    Nvidia's ShadowPlay works on only some games and only works part of the time.

And suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

4. Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter

Best FPS Counter?

If you have NVIDIA GPU, you can use NVIDIA GeForce Experience to display FPS counter on game.

RubberDucky, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter

1. Windows 10 is finally getting a built-in FPS counter - Similar Threads - finally getting built

2. Windows 10, XBOX Game Bar. FPS counter AUC issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, XBOX Game Bar. FPS counter AUC issue: I've searched high and low for a solution to this but none has worked.My user is a local adminstrator on the computer, there are three - shown on the FPS counter.When I click that it say that I have to request UAC privileges.I've done that and restarted my computer several...
  3. Windows 10, XBOX Game Bar. FPS counter AUC issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, XBOX Game Bar. FPS counter AUC issue: I've searched high and low for a solution to this but none has worked.My user is a local adminstrator on the computer, there are three - shown on the FPS counter.When I click that it say that I have to request UAC privileges.I've done that and restarted my computer several...
  4. yellow fps counter wont go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yellow fps counter wont go away: there's a yellow fps counter at the top of my screen and it wont go away. ive tried geforce but no and the X on the side but its not there and its pissing me off. someone help...
  5. yellow fps counter wont go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    yellow fps counter wont go away: there's a yellow fps counter at the top of my screen and it wont go away. ive tried geforce but no and the X on the side but its not there and its pissing me off. someone help...
  6. FPS Counter using Window Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS Counter using Window Game Bar: Hello, I am trying to activate the FPS counter on my PC using the Windows Game Bar. I am able to open up the performance widget and select the "Request Access" button. However, I receive this error when I do.From there I have found the executable file manually. But I still...
  7. Difference between Get-Counter -counter \objects\Processes and Get-Counter -Counter...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difference between Get-Counter -counter \objects\Processes and Get-Counter -Counter...: Hi I notice I get two different output from running "Get-Counter -counter \objects\Processes" and "Get-Counter -Counter \System\Processes". "Get-Counter -Counter \System\Processes" seems to give the same output as when I am executing "Get-Processmeasure" Can anyone...
  8. Cannot use FPS counter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use FPS counter: When i requested FPS counter and clicked "yes" it literally did nothing and i dont know how to turn it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-fps-counter/0afe5202-e249-49c9-9273-12d4198a47bb
  9. Best FPS Counter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best FPS Counter?: I am looking for a FPS counter that I can use with EVERY game. I'm looking for something preferably with a minimalist display or at least customizable. Fraps is old and doesn't work on any of my games. Nvidia's ShadowPlay works on only some games and only works part of...
  10. How accurate are FPS counters

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How accurate are FPS counters: Hi anyone any idea with regards to the above? The reason I ask is that my TV is a 4k 60hz panel yet when I use any of the FPS counters they regularly show in excess of 60frames, is that correct?. I've tried Fraps, Afterburner and Steam in game counter. Thanks. 79479