Windows 10: Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update

Discus and support Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The dark mode phenomenon continues to spread through websites and apps on all platforms – and Microsoft is also committed to the dark theme. With Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 16, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update

The dark mode phenomenon continues to spread through websites and apps on all platforms – and Microsoft is also committed to the dark theme. With Build 20211 for testers, Microsoft appears to be testing a new dark mode update for Windows 10 to improve the UI consistency.

For anyone with the beta preview builds installed, there’s a nice treat available now: dark mode in Windows Search.

Windows 10 preview update brings a dark mode that applies a black background to the Windows Search, user menus within the search interface, and Bing-powered web search pages. The pop-up open/save dialogs are also dark.

This dark theme for Windows Search is meant to match Windows 10’s black taskbar and theme-aware Start Menu.

Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update Windows-Search-dark-mode.jpg

You’ll be able to apply the new dark theme in Windows Search by going to Settings > Personalization > Colors and then selecting the ‘Dark’ option.

More than this, Microsoft also appears to be internally testing rounded corners and other improvements for Windows 10’s design. The goal is to fix the consistency issues with Windows 10’s interface and add a dark mode where it’s missing currently.

However, Microsoft’s mission to apply a dark theme to other areas is much more difficult than one would expect, as Microsoft has to work within “legacy UI frameworks”. Dark Mode is also available for the File Explorer, but it’s currently missing in the pop-up menus, such as the Properties tab.

WinUI is coming to Windows 10

WinUI, which is Microsoft’s next-generation user platform, is also coming to the Start Menu and Action Center.

As we reported last month, a scan of the Microsoft Program Database (PDB) files in Windows 10 Build 20197 shows that the software giant is currently looking for a way to test the WinUI on desktop.

In future, you can expect Microsoft to use UI components from Win UI for Windows 10’s Start Menu and Action Center to improve consistency across its entire ecosystem.

The post Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 16, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Dark Theme Set To Arrive With Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Dark Theme Set To Arrive With Anniversary Update
    Microsoft working to enable dark theme across the full OS

Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update [​IMG]

Read more: https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...versary-update

Cluster Head, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Dark theme is coming to Gmail for Android and iOS Mobile

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Dark theme is coming to Gmail for Android and iOS

Brink, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is finally getting dark theme improvements in next update - Similar Threads - finally getting dark

2. Windows 10 Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dark Theme: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shajirr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6zkis/windows_10_dark_theme/
  3. Windows 10 dark theme...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 dark theme...: Just as curious WHEN Microsoft will actually make a truly dark theme. Notepad in as in-app since 3.1. Yet why is it not available in dark, with a white font..? 147899
  4. Dark Theme in Windows 10

Dark Theme in Windows 10: When i apply dark theme in windows 10, my windows file explorer and settings all become dark. Is it possible to keep only my setting dark while my file explorer light?...
  5. Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve dark theme in Windows 10’s Mail and Calendar app: Windows 10 comes with a built-in dark mode that turns your windows and apps to black and changes the text to lighter colour. With the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Microsoft brought the dark theme to the File Explorer and it looks like the company is working on improving...
  6. windows 10 dark theme

windows 10 dark theme: hi i updated windows 10 pro but dark theme didn't effect all panels like windows explorer and right click menu i changed windows theme from personalize and select colors then dark mode for windows apps how to solve this problem ?...
  7. Dark theme in Windows 10

Dark theme in Windows 10: Hello, I have an issue when activating the Dark theme in Win10 Pro. I will post pictures below, to see what I am talking about? Please let me know if this is known bug, is it normal or if it's being worked on. [ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft reveals final look of Dark Theme in File Explorer for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals final look of Dark Theme in File Explorer for Windows 10: Microsoft today announced a new preview build for the Windows Insiders and it comes with a revamped File Explorer that features the highly anticipated dark theme. Microsoft says that Dark Theme support for File Explorer is ready for the next major release of Windows,...
  9. Microsoft is finally bringing dark theme to File Picker in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is finally bringing dark theme to File Picker in Windows 10: With Redstone 5 update, Microsoft is bringing the dark theme to File Explorer and other parts of the Windows 10 operating system. The latest Windows 10 Build 17711 comes with some improvements in this regard. The File Picker in Windows 10 Build 17711 is getting a new update...
  10. Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 is getting a big update with Dark Theme

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 is getting a big update with Dark Theme: Microsoft To Do is an awesome app that helps you to get things done. The best thing about the app is that it is available in Android, iOS and of course Windows. By saying Windows we mean both PC and Mobile. The app looks similar and works perfectly on all these platforms. It...