Windows 10: Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more

Discus and support Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As you may already know, the next feature update ‘October 2020 Update’ for Windows 10 is going to be a minor release, which means that you won’t get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 11, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more

As you may already know, the next feature update ‘October 2020 Update’ for Windows 10 is going to be a minor release, which means that you won’t get any exciting new features this year.

However, if you’re still part of the Windows Insider program, you will soon be allowed to test multiple new features.

It’s been rumoured for some time that Microsoft is working on UI and features consistency improvements for Windows 10, and we’re now finally seeing some of that come true. In preview builds, Microsoft is hiding several features inside the operating system

Microsoft is now internally experimenting with two new features – Desktop Spotlight and theme aware splash screen.

Desktop Spotlight

One of the easiest ways to add some flair to your old Windows 10 desktop is by setting a custom wallpaper. Windows 10 currently allows you to download theme packs from the Microsoft Store, use a photo from your gallery, create a slideshow using your own photos, or download a cool wallpaper.

You can dive into your Windows 10 personalization settings to set a custom image, but the process for creating your own slideshow is still time-consuming as you need to choose photos manually.

In a future release of Windows 10, Microsoft is introducing support for ‘Desktop Spotlight’, which is a feature that would display Bing’s gorgeous images as a slideshow. This feature is currently exclusive to lock screen, but it’s finally coming to your desktop.

Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more Windows-10-Desktop-Spotlight.jpg

You’ll be able to enable Spotlight feature by heading to Settings > Personalization > Background and selecting “Spotlight Collection” in the “Background” drop-down menu, as shown in the screenshot above.

That’s it. This will allow you to have a Bing images slideshow going on your desktop and it works automatically.

Currently, the feature is not working in the preview builds, but Microsoft is expected to enable it sometime later this year.

Theme-aware splash screen

Windows 10 is getting support for the theme aware splash screen that will appear when a UWP program is launching. For example, you will notice the new theme-aware splash screen when launching Microsoft Store, Groove Music, Settings, etc.

Currently, the splash screen focuses on Windows 10’s accent colour with the logo of the app in the center, but that will change soon.

Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more Light-splash-screen.jpg

In a future release, modern apps will match the system theme (dark or light), which should make the apps launching experience itself look much cleaner and consistent when using light or dark mode.

Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more Dark-splash-screen.jpg

Microsoft has already enabled theme aware live tiles in the Windows 10 Start Menu and the feature is now heading to splash screen of your favourite apps.

The post Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

The question was clearly mentioned on how to set Windows Spotlight wallpapers as desktop wallpapers. Please understand the question before answering!

Kiran Vaidyanathan, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more - Similar Threads - finally getting desktop

2. No Windows spotlight feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows spotlight feature: No Windows spotlight feature on my pc. any option to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-spotlight-feature/87c0f9e2-e775-4833-b303-29dd340c576a
  3. No Windows spotlight feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows spotlight feature: No Windows spotlight feature on my pc. any option to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-windows-spotlight-feature/87c0f9e2-e775-4833-b303-29dd340c576a
  4. Finally no more windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finally no more windows...: No more crappy Windows 10 laptop for my personal computer. No more fighting with a **** UI, error codes, system restarts at random times, or any of the other myriad of stupid problems ive experienced with Windows 10. Windows 10 sucks, so happy to be going back to a Mac book...
  5. More Windows 10X features are coming to your Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 News
    More Windows 10X features are coming to your Windows 10 desktop: Windows 10X will first debut on new single-screen devices in the spring of 2021, but your current device will also get new features from Microsoft’s modular OS. As we reported in May, Windows 10X features could be making their way to Windows 10 sooner than expected and it’s...
  6. Windows 10 to get “sent from phone” feature and more

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 to get “sent from phone” feature and more: Windows 10’s phone companion feature was originally designed for Windows Phones, Android, and iPhone, but then Microsoft narrowed it to an Android-only feature. Lately, Microsoft has further limited Your Phone’s useful and advanced features to select Samsung phones....
  7. Issues with the Windows Spotlight Feature

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with the Windows Spotlight Feature: Hello Everyone! This is Sagnik. I am a user of Dell Inspiron 3583. Also, I use Windows 10 version 2004. So my concern is that I used to have the Windows Spotlight feature set on my lock screen. It used to show brilliant images everyday without having me to do anything. But...
  8. No windows spotlight feature on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No windows spotlight feature on my desktop: So I've tried almost every solution I've been able to find online, but the windows spotlight feature just isn't there on my desktop. I do have the feature on my laptop but somehow my desktop doesn't have the feature. I'm using windows 10 education... but as far as I am...
  9. Windows 10 is getting a more configurable Quiet Hours feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting a more configurable Quiet Hours feature: Windows 10’s Quiet Hours feature, first introduced on Windows Phone, is getting upgraded with the upcoming Windows 10 Redstone 4 release. Microsoft is currently testing a new version of the Quiet Hours feature in an internal build of Windows 10, first leaked by Synergy...
  10. Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10: How to: Get More Information about Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10 How to Get More Information about a Windows Spotlight Image in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images...