Windows 10: Windows 10 is finally getting its own Package Manager

Discus and support Windows 10 is finally getting its own Package Manager in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For years, users have been trained to download and run .exe, .msi applications, and then go through the long installation process where you have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 19, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 is finally getting its own Package Manager

For years, users have been trained to download and run .exe, .msi applications, and then go through the long installation process where you have to choose the path and click on ‘next’ multiple times.

The process is time-consuming and it requires manual interaction. Today, Microsoft announced that the company is adding a built-in package manager to Windows 10. This would make it easy for you to install desktop apps without having to click through a number of installation windows.

For example, you can launch Windows Package Manager and run a new “winget” command to get the latest version of any app you want to install. You can simply run “winget install PowerToys” to install it without going to the Github, third-party websites or Microsoft Store.

Windows Package Manager has its own package feed that is created and maintained by Microsoft. Users can also add new apps to the package feed and you can even download apps from third-party repositories.

Once you enter the above command with the app name, Windows Package Manager will simply download the program and install it without any further interaction from you.

Microsoft plans to offer Windows Package Manager on Windows 10 version 1709 and newer.

Windows Subsystem for Linux improvements

Windows Subsystem for Linux is getting more powerful and Microsoft is now making it easier to run Linux applications in Windows 10.

Windows Subsystem for Linux will let you run Linux graphical applications, which are complex and less tested. In addition, Microsoft is enabling GPU hardware acceleration support in WSL to let you run graphical Linux desktop applications.

It’s still about developers and Microsoft won’t let you run Android apps within the WSL container. The update introduces support for Graphical Linux desktop app, which should allow developers to run integrated development environments for Linux on Windows.

In addition, Graphics processing unit support will allow developers to run parallel computation and even machine learning-based workflows.

The post Windows 10 is finally getting its own Package Manager appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Windows package manager

Hi,

DISM comes with the Windows 10 update, and according to your issue Windows 10 still uses Package Manager. So, I suggest you to follow these methods:

Method 1: Perform SFC Scan

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").
    Method 2: Automatic Repair in Windows Recovery Tool

• Download a Windows 10 ISO file in a DVD or USB using media creation tool here.
    • After you boot your PC using Windows 10 ISO, a black screen will appear with text. Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
    • Click Advanced Options in the Troubleshoot screen.
    • Select Automatic repair.
    Keep us updated on how it works.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 is finally getting its own Package Manager

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is finally getting its own Package Manager

1. Windows 10 is finally getting its own Package Manager - Similar Threads - finally getting own

2. Windows powershell running on task manager on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows powershell running on task manager on its own: Hello,This has been happening for over a week now, whenever I turn on my Pc within 30mins powershell quickly flashes on the desktop and then it appears on task manager as 2-4 process. over time both processes would be using up to 4000mb of memory each. my antivirus scan...
  3. Windows powershell running on task manager on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows powershell running on task manager on its own: Hello,This has been happening for over a week now, whenever I turn on my Pc within 30mins powershell quickly flashes on the desktop and then it appears on task manager as 2-4 process. over time both processes would be using up to 4000mb of memory each. my antivirus scan...
  4. Windows powershell running on task manager on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't get Windows 10 computer to sleep on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Windows 10 computer to sleep on its own: My Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep on its own anymore. My hard drives spin down but the display doesn't turn off. However it will stay asleep if I put it to sleep. It used to go to sleep on its own until I did a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD. Adding the new...
  6. Can't get Windows 10 computer to sleep on its own

Can't get Windows 10 computer to sleep on its own: My Windows 10 computer doesn't go to sleep on its own anymore. My hard drives spin down but the display doesn't turn off. However it will stay asleep if I put it to sleep. It used to go to sleep on its own until I did a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD. Adding the new...
  7. Webcam enabled on its own in device manager

Webcam enabled on its own in device manager: I went through a scary moment some time ago when I opened my camera application on Windows and realised it was active without the light indicator, even though it had been disabled in the device manager and could not be found when I had checked it a first time just an hour...
  8. Webcam enabled on its own in device manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Webcam enabled on its own in device manager: I went through a scary moment some time ago when I opened my camera application on Windows and realised it was active without the light indicator, even though it had been disabled in the device manager and could not be found when I had checked it a first time just an hour...
  9. Windows Package Manager 1.0 final is out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Package Manager 1.0 final is out: Microsoft released the first stable version of Windows Package Manager, a tool to install and manage programs efficiently on Windows 10 machines. Many things have changed since our first look at Winget, wish we published in May 2020. At its core, it is still a package...
  10. Device Manager refreshing on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager refreshing on its own: Tonight, I tried to look at my mouse properties in Device Manager. I wasn't able to do anything, because for some reason my Device Manager is refreshing every second. I can't click on anything and I don't know how to stop it from doing this. I don't have any idea where to...