Windows 10: Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After StatCounter, web analytics firm NetMarketShare has also confirmed that Windows 10 is the most popular version of Windows out there. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 1, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7

After StatCounter, web analytics firm NetMarketShare has also confirmed that Windows 10 is the most popular version of Windows out there. Windows 10 has reached the milestone more than three years it was launched and the report shows that Microsoft’s desktop OS is still growing.

Windows 10 is apparently the most used operating system and the gap would grow as Windows 7 is slowly becoming obsolete.

Microsoft has already confirmed that the company will pull support for the Windows 7 in 2020 and users will stop receiving security updates which should boost the market share of Windows 10 drastically.

Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7 Windows-market-share.jpg

NetMarketShare data for the December 2018 month revealed that Windows 10 market share is 39.22% and 36.90% is held by Windows 7. Windows 10 received one percent additional desktop market share in December, edging out 9-year-old Windows 7, which dropped by two percent.

Windows 7 to decline further

Windows 7 market share will decline in the coming months as more and more users or business will migrate to Windows 10 before the company ends support in 2020.

Recently, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 is running on more than 700 million active devices and it’s growing. The number was well short of the original aim of having a billion users by 2018 but it could be achieved in 2019.

The post Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7

1. Windows 10 is finally more popular than Windows 7 - Similar Threads - finally more popular

2. If windows 7 was very popular why downgrade it to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If windows 7 was very popular why downgrade it to windows 10?: Hi, I recently had the tragedy of upgrading from windows 7 to 10. I felt like a workman trading his trusty made-in-america tools for an unreliable cheap prefab plastic copy. 4 hours later, external monitor was still not working, drivers weren't installed, all my trusty tools...
  3. If windows 7 was very popular why downgrade it to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If windows 7 was very popular why downgrade it to windows 10?: Hi, I recently had the tragedy of upgrading from windows 7 to 10. I felt like a workman trading his trusty made-in-america tools for an unreliable cheap prefab plastic copy. 4 hours later, external monitor was still not working, drivers weren't installed, all my trusty tools...
  4. Window 7 is faster than Window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 7 is faster than Window 10: Hi ,I have three pc of all 4 GB RAM two with window 7 and one with ten .Both pc of window 7 have too many heavy software still they both are very fast.But pc with window 10 is quite slow and also sometime hang also it has no heavy software....
  5. Finally no more windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finally no more windows...: No more crappy Windows 10 laptop for my personal computer. No more fighting with a **** UI, error codes, system restarts at random times, or any of the other myriad of stupid problems ive experienced with Windows 10. Windows 10 sucks, so happy to be going back to a Mac book...
  6. Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is finally getting desktop spotlight feature and more: As you may already know, the next feature update ‘October 2020 Update’ for Windows 10 is going to be a minor release, which means that you won’t get any exciting new features this year. However, if you’re still part of the Windows Insider program, you will soon be allowed to...
  7. Windows 10 Use Cpu 90% more Than Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Use Cpu 90% more Than Windows 7: Sir I have Dual Boot OS One Is Windows 7 And second Is Windows 10 pro Sr I have Core 2 duo E7400 processor 4GB ram But The Problem Is when I play Videos in Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bt It take 20 To 30 Percent CPU And Full Hd Videos Played Easily But in case Of Windows 10...
  8. Windows 7 is faster than Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 is faster than Windows 10: Hello Please guide me. Some users say Windows 7 is faster than Windows 10. What do you think? Thankful poneh_co https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-is-faster-than-windows-10/8bc63f96-38ea-4cc6-a929-6f9c2348d50d
  9. Does Windows 10 use more data than Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Windows 10 use more data than Windows 7?: I have not changed to Windows 10 yet for several reasons, but I know I will have to sometime. One major ting is delaying my decision. We pay a lot per gigabyte for our internet service, as the only option for us is a USB modem from Verizon. I know Windows 10 has a number of...
  10. More than Windows Pro....

in Windows 10 Support
    More than Windows Pro....: hi guys, on my main machine, i have a start screen as was on Build 10240. But on the 3 others where Win 10 has been installed i get not the startscreen (when hitting the left corner) but the old fashion side menu one did one or two builds ago. Is this because...