Windows 10: Windows 10 is getting new Android content transfer feature

Discus and support Windows 10 is getting new Android content transfer feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft isn’t making another Windows phone, but it has found a way to make its presence in the smartphone space felt even without its own mobile OS.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 15, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 is getting new Android content transfer feature

Microsoft isn’t making another Windows phone, but it has found a way to make its presence in the smartphone space felt even without its own mobile OS.

Microsoft’s Android apps are doing really well in Play Store and one of the most recent examples is the Your Phone app for Windows 10. Your Phone app for Android and Windows lets you receive calls, send text messages, browse the photos stored in the phone, and also mirror phone’s screen to desktop.

Your Phone app initially started out as a way to simply view photos that you clicked with your Android phone on the desktop without a USB cable. The app has eventually gained new capabilities and it looks like Microsoft’s software might soon have yet another helpful feature for Android users.

In January, we reported that Microsoft is working on a content transfer feature for the app that would let you copy and paste content across devices.

In a support document, Microsoft has quietly confirmed Your Phone app’s new content transfer feature and it currently works on select hardware only. Microsoft says the content transfer feature will let you copy and paste the texts and images between your devices, but images larger than 1MB may lose its original size.

At the moment, Microsoft plans to offer the feature only on Galaxy S20, S20+, S20+ Ulta and Galaxy Z Flip devices. However, it’s likely that a future update will unlock the capability for all users.

The cross-device copy and paste feature need to be turned on both devices before you can use it:

• In Your Phone app, go to Settings.
    • Under ‘Cross-device copy and paste’, turn on the option for content transfer.

The feature is not yet available, but we were able to enable it after modifying the app codebase.

Windows 10 is getting new Android content transfer feature Your-Phone-app.jpg

Microsoft’s new feature is focused on sharing data across both devices and it uses your WiFi or mobile data to sync the clipboard.

In some cases, the clipboard text may lose its original formatting (boldness or colour) and Microsoft is also aware of occasional connection problems.

The post Windows 10 is getting new Android content transfer feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Unable to "get media content" from text messages.

My Nokia 920 on ATT was showing this exact error "getting media content" for a long time... finally spent a chunk of time attempting all suggestions above...

FIXED:

1. Created New MMS APN (steps here: Setup Guide for AT&T APN Settings Windows Phone & MMS Settings )
      • still didn't work
    2. Deleted MMS APN
    3. Group messages started working!! No more "getting media content", it just shows up.
    Note: Didn't help

- WiFi on/off

- Back up text on/off

- Group text on/off

- Data on/off

Ono RunAway, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Naito Win User

Windows 10: A New Generation of Windows

Windows 10 for PC is fine, but I'm more keen to hear about Windows (Phone) 10. As content with the features of WinPho 8.1 I am, I still can't help but feel it is getting stale and the feature set is falling behind further. MS need to react quick, or they'll lose the faithful and fail to capture any new market share by bringing in new customers.

Naito, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is getting new Android content transfer feature - Similar Threads - getting Android content

2. File transfer from Android to Windows took too long to load content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File transfer from Android to Windows took too long to load content: I used a USB-C cable to connect from my laptop to my Google Pixel 5 running stock Android 14. I could edit the files by moving and deleting them, but after about 30 seconds, I went back to the folder, and there appeared to be a "working for it" message. It loaded indefinitely...
  3. File transfer from Android to Windows took too long to load content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer from Android to Windows took too long to load content: I used a USB-C cable to connect from my laptop to my Google Pixel 5 running stock Android 14. I could edit the files by moving and deleting them, but after about 30 seconds, I went back to the folder, and there appeared to be a "working for it" message. It loaded indefinitely...
  4. Google announces 6 new Android features

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces 6 new Android features: [ATTACH] With the holidays around the corner, we’re sharing six new Google features for Android—a few more ways your phone gets more helpful over time, even outside of major OS updates. Whether you’re texting holiday greetings to loved...
  5. New features in Microsoft Teams for Android and iOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New features in Microsoft Teams for Android and iOS: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tech_Lover_extra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/icts7j/new_features_in_microsoft_teams_for_android_and/
  6. Microsoft brings Android apps to Windows 10 with new feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings Android apps to Windows 10 with new feature: Microsoft understands that are a lot of valid reasons why someone would want to run Android apps on their Windows 10 computers. Later this year, Microsoft says it will allow Android users to stream their Android apps directly to a PC and you’ll be able to do it using the Your...
  7. New Google Lens features on Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    New Google Lens features on Android and iOS: Lately our family dining table has also become a work desk, a video conference room and … a kid’s playground. As I learn how to become a full time kids-entertainer, I welcome anything that can help me stay productive. And while I usually turn to Search when...
  8. Transferring content of windows 10 DVD to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring content of windows 10 DVD to USB: So my laptop doesn't have a optical drive and I got a fresh windows 10 installtion disk from HP. I need to convert these to a bootable USB drive. Now the problem is I have 4 DVD disks of windows 10. I saw online converting a disk to USB using DISKPART from command prompt....
  9. New Skype for content creators feature available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype for content creators feature available: Skype is used worldwide as a tool for bringing callers into a variety of different podcasts, live streams, and TV shows. Today, we made it even simpler to bring your incoming audio and video calls to life with the Skype for content creators feature. Building off the Skype TX...
  10. Mail and Calendar App for Windows 10 updated with new External content feature

in Windows 10 News
    Mail and Calendar App for Windows 10 updated with new External content feature: Microsoft has been busy adding new features to its Mail and Calendar app for Windows 10 devices. The latest feature to be added is the support for External content. The latest update to the Mail and Calendar app pushes the app to new version 16005.10228.20075.0 and is...