Windows 10: Windows 10 is getting new multitasking features with Sun Valley update

Discus and support Windows 10 is getting new multitasking features with Sun Valley update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With Windows 10 Sun Valley update, there will be even more ways to multitask with multiple windows, especially if you’ve multiple monitor setup. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 22, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 is getting new multitasking features with Sun Valley update

With Windows 10 Sun Valley update, there will be even more ways to multitask with multiple windows, especially if you’ve multiple monitor setup. It also appears that there’ll be at least one new multitasking feature for the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge.

The new multitasking features are part of the “Snap-based task group”. This includes a new feature where you can drag app windows to “corners” of the screen and they’ll automatically resize to fit perfectly, side by side, so you can easily use multiple apps.

While the ability to snap two windows side-by-side has always been a part of Windows 10, it looks like Microsoft is taking this a step further in the next feature update. Likewise, when choosing what to snap while you’re in multitasking mode, you can soon choose to show Microsoft Edge tabs on their own page i.e as an independent app.

Microsoft is also testing another mysterious multitasking toggle “Snap further away from screen edge”. However, it’s currently unclear how it would work.

Virtual desktops

For users who use multiple displays or for those dual-screen laptops, Microsoft is also making multitasking easier.

As you may know, Windows 10 currently requires multi-monitor users to have the same virtual desktops for both displays, which could be a problem when you want to have a separate virtual desktop for each monitor.

For example, if you open YouTube or any other app on the additional monitor and you switch between the virtual desktops, the YouTube window travels with the desktop it was associated with, disturbing your workflow.

Microsoft is now testing a new feature that will allow you to have separate virtual desktops for each monitor.

Windows 10 is getting new multitasking features with Sun Valley update Separate-virtual-desktops.jpg

In other words, the extra monitor will have its own virtual desktop that will remain unaffected even when you switch between virtual desktops on your primary monitor or vice versa.

Aero Shake becomes optional

Microsoft is also planning to make the unpopular “Shake to Minimize” or “Aero Shake” function optional. For those unaware, Aero Shake allows users to minimize unnecessarily opened tabs by simply dragging or shaking the window using the cursor.

Windows 10 is getting new multitasking features with Sun Valley update Aero-shake.jpg

In version 21H2, Aero Shake will become optional and you can manage it via the Settings app, as shown in the above screenshot.

Other improvements and release date

In addition to these new multitasking capabilities, Microsoft is believed to be working on a new floating Start Menu and rounded corners for the taskbar and context menu.

According to reports, Windows 10 Sun Valley will launch for consumers in the second half of 2021 (October – November) as a free upgrade. Before the Sun Valley update, we’ll be getting the Spring 2021 “21H1” update with quality improvements and scooped a set of features.

The post Windows 10 is getting new multitasking features with Sun Valley update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 22, 2021

2. Multitasking feature

I just got a new Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10. The Multitasking feature is 'on' according to the settings, but whenever I try to snap, nothing happens. I love this feature and am very frustrated that it's not working on my new laptop.

Rachel S-J, Feb 22, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Feb 22, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is getting new multitasking features with Sun Valley update - Similar Threads - getting multitasking features

2. Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows Sun Valley update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft accidentally confirms Windows Sun Valley update: Microsoft first debuted the original Windows 10 update in 2015 and followed it up with the Anniversary Update in 2016. In early 2017, Microsoft said that it would be delivering two feature updates to the operating system each year, one in the spring and one in the fall, and...
  3. Windows 10 is getting a brand new Settings app with Sun Valley update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting a brand new Settings app with Sun Valley update: It’s been over eight years since Microsoft first introduced the modern Settings interface with Windows 8. Even after the release of Windows 10, there isn’t a single interface for settings and the operating system still comes with Control Panel. That’s because the modern...
  4. Win10 Soundschemes for Sun Valley Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Soundschemes for Sun Valley Update: Hey Windows 10 devs, 1st of all i want to congratulate you for making windows 10 awesom.: But one thing i am missing.What's It.......?The Sound Schemes Bruh.Please developers please put your mystical hands on the sound schemes.It should be very...
  5. "Sun Valley" - Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Sun Valley" - Windows 11?: Well, pretty much everyone who watched Satya Nadella's keynote and has been reading the tech news now knows he made a rather big tease: "The next generation of Windows"... Last time this was said was in 2014, back when Win10 was about to replace Win8. Also, he said things...
  6. Some of the features coming with Sun Valley update that I noticed in build 21376.1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some of the features coming with Sun Valley update that I noticed in build 21376.1: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/no_quests [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/n6x39k/some_of_the_features_coming_with_sun_valley/
  7. Windows 10 Sun Valley Update comes with new display and camera settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sun Valley Update comes with new display and camera settings: Windows 10 Sun Valley update, otherwise known as version 21H2, will ship with several improvements for the built-in Settings app. In the new preview builds, Microsoft is now testing new controls for display settings (select monitors), webcam (requires external camera), and...
  8. Microsoft app gets a brand new UI ahead of Windows 10 ‘Sun Valley’ refresh

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft app gets a brand new UI ahead of Windows 10 ‘Sun Valley’ refresh: Microsoft’s strategy for Windows 10 default apps has been a disaster for years and some apps like Photos and Store are plagued with various issues, but lately, the company has been working to fix that. According to reliable sources, Microsoft is working on new UI features...
  9. Windows 10 21h2 "Sun Valley" update

Windows 10 21h2 "Sun Valley" update: Why does MS still insists in Control Painel? Sure can get some nice ideas from this vid for the future of Win10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEv1EcTSQdA P.S.: I love Win10. I beliave in constant improvement...
  10. Gaze Across Sun Valley

Gaze Across Sun Valley: Here are a couple of suggestions of and peeks at what is coming to Windows 10 in 2021. Sun Valley is built on top of Fluent Design. Can, already, see hints of it in various places, in some apps, too. Insiders are noticing more & more of it as time passes. Some may show in...