Windows 10: Windows 10 is hard locking within 1 minute of boot (even login screen)

Discus and support Windows 10 is hard locking within 1 minute of boot (even login screen) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just put an old drive back onto system (Main hard drive won't boot at all currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bruj, Jun 6, 2017.

1. bruj Win User

Windows 10 is hard locking within 1 minute of boot (even login screen)

I just put an old drive back onto system (Main hard drive won't boot at all currently see-https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/86082-windows-10-getting-automatic-repairing-diagnosing-pc-messages.html)

The old drive had worked fine until Windows 10 did an update this AM. Now, it freezes. If I don't login right away, it even will freeze the LOGIN screen! I have NEVER seen that!
    I have about 1 minute or so before it locks up.
    Safemode seems to work fine.

I HATE WINDOWS AUTO UPDATE!!!!!! HATE IT! HATE IT! HATE IT!!!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    Bruce

:)

bruj, Jun 6, 2017
  2. Gunno94 Win User

Cannot unlock the lock screen

Hi guys,

I have a hp laptop with windows 10 for 2 years. Recently the laptop won't get past to the login screen. Usually after the booting, it start in the lock screen and by pressing any key, it will move to the login screen. But mine, keep on blinking to the lock
    screen instead of asking for the login.

I had tried to force shutdown and rebooting but to no avail. I also tried to unplug the mouse, keyboard and battery for a few minutes and it's no use as well. Anyone can help? Thanks in advance.

Gunno94, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Windows 10: Five minute login screen no matter what

I DO want password required anytime the computer is booted or comes out of screen saver.

I do NOT want to enter a password within 30 minutes of using my computer. I frequently leave and return to my computer throughout the day, mostly within 30 minute increments.

Right now the lock screen is appearing precisely five minutes after I last use the computer.
    Where do I change that from five minutes to 30 minutes?

Or can I turn off the lock screen but still require a password on boot and return from screen saver?

I ran the troubleshooter you suggested and Windows changed my screen brightness and changed my sleep settings, neither of which I wanted changed.

DarrenDriven, Jun 6, 2017
  4. bruj Win User

I got my OTHER hard drive working, so I am not requiring any assistance on this one. Thanks for your time reading!

bruj, Jun 6, 2017
  5. lmaneke Win User
    Glad you solved your problem.

The hard drive would have been the first thing I would have recommended to check..

lmaneke, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is hard locking within 1 minute of boot (even login screen) - Similar Threads - hard locking within

2. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  3. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  4. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  5. BSOD within a minute of Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD within a minute of Login: I am getting a consistent BSOD after about a minute of login. I cannot share minidump files because of this.I completed the steps in the recovery mode command prompt, and no issues or problems were found. No integrity violations. For Step 7, the restore operation was...
  6. BSOD within a minute of Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD within a minute of Login: I am getting a consistent BSOD after about a minute of login. I cannot share minidump files because of this.I completed the steps in the recovery mode command prompt, and no issues or problems were found. No integrity violations. For Step 7, the restore operation was...
  7. BSOD within a minute of Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Please Help, My computer locks itself after 1 min of inactivity. I've tried: Changing theme to Default Changing Screen Saver settings to different time/off Changing the Power plan in Power Options Editing the values in Windows Registry with Regedit Changed...
  9. Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem: Being an Apple user, but my wife asked me!! not keyed up on Windows, l read up on possible causes! by this time my wife was pulling her hair out! trying to set her windows 10 laptop from going into 1 minute lock screen. l went all through the "regedit" procedures, taking...
  10. More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD: I have a full description of the problem here: https://superuser.com/questions/1469370/more-than-1-minute-to-boot-windows-10-even-with-ssd For some reason, a few weeks ago, my Windows 10 is taking over 1 minute to boot. That is, more than 1 minute just in that initial black...