Windows 10: Windows 10 is lagging

Discus and support Windows 10 is lagging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lenovo Thinkpad X301. I was given an old laptop, which works with good performance but there is one issue: it is lagging. I can say that it stutters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nicole Magee, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 is lagging

Lenovo Thinkpad X301.

I was given an old laptop, which works with good performance but there is one issue: it is lagging. I can say that it stutters every 5 seconds. Is there a fix? Thank you.

:)

Nicole Magee, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 is lagging

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is lagging

1. Windows 10 is lagging - Similar Threads - lagging

2. Windows Lagging Apps Crashing Videos Hanging SSD Not Sufficient

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Lagging Apps Crashing Videos Hanging SSD Not Sufficient: Hi So I feel windows is slow because to the fact that my PC has a very good SSD(860 EVO 1TB wich where is windows installed on) and another 850 EVO 250GB SSD all in addition to a 2TB HDD but still not smooth as it should be...for example: it took much more when i click on...
  3. Windows 10 FPS Drop/Lagging After Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 FPS Drop/Lagging After Update: I have just auto-updated my Windows 10. But then everything goes weird in the next morning: my League of Legends normally runs at 60-90FPS suddenly dropped down to 30, even 25 after the update. I have updated the driver of GTX 950M but the situation seems the same. I even...
  4. Typing lag - 1 second approx

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Typing lag - 1 second approx: I had the typing lag issue where I typed but the letter appears about 1 second later on Firefox, Word and Excel. and think I have solved it. I tried many other ideas but this one worked - not sure why (please enlighten if you can). Troubleshoot the program in question. Then...
  5. high cpu usage lag

high cpu usage lag: Hai ,i will be grateful if I will find out how to resolve my problem . When i open task manager show 47% cpu usage , but PC goes slow , Andrei i open anul other program show 100% cpu usage constant.[IMG][IMG]...
  6. Windows 10 1809: Right-click "New" lags and sometimes causes Windows Explorer to Reset....

Windows 10 1809: Right-click "New" lags and sometimes causes Windows Explorer to Reset....: Endless Windows 10 1809 issues. Now after fixing the Network issue activating SMB 1.0(temporary fix until they fixed it in the next patch) after formatting countless time, and installed everything I need, just before I could back up and clone an image, I noticed my...
  7. Mouse cursor lags down on right click, scroll wheel, side button press.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor lags down on right click, scroll wheel, side button press.: This has been happening for a long time. Every time i press right click, the scroll wheel, or side buttons, it lags down. I didn't find anything online about this issue. I hope someone here can help....
  8. Performance/ Lag

Performance/ Lag: My surface pro 4 storage is at less than 1/3 of its max, but still takes forever to load anything. It isn't my internet because it happens everywhere. If anyone knows how to fix this I would be very thankful...
  9. Typing and clicking lag in Chrome - serious issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Typing and clicking lag in Chrome - serious issue: Hi, I use a Dell XPS laptop which runs on Windows 10. My problem started with the latest Windows 10 update - I started getting this serious typing lag in Chrome which wasn't there before. My profession is central to using browsers and this lag problem has handicapped my...
  10. Extreme lag and animation glitches when pressing windows key tab

Extreme lag and animation glitches when pressing windows key tab: On my surface book when pressing windows key tab the animation is none existent and takes a second for the menu to open. I know its not a big issue but if Microsoft is advertising their fluent design I feel like I need to mention that they are screwing up something pretty...