Windows 10: Windows 10 is lagging

Discus and support Windows 10 is lagging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lenovo Thinkpad X301. I was given an old laptop, which works with good performance but there is one issue: it is lagging. I can say that it stutters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nicole Magee, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 is lagging

Lenovo Thinkpad X301.

I was given an old laptop, which works with good performance but there is one issue: it is lagging. I can say that it stutters every 5 seconds. Is there a fix? Thank you.

:)

Nicole Magee, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 is lagging

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is lagging

1. Windows 10 is lagging - Similar Threads - lagging

2. Windows 10: Lag reveals the old windows 7 title bar!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Lag reveals the old windows 7 title bar!: Hello, Firstly, Sorry for my basic english. Yesterday, when I want a close Firefox Browser(last version), I can see windows 7 title bar after clicking X (close) button. Just for a few second. My pc clear. I dont have any virus. Windows is up-to-date. I can search on...
  3. Cursor won't stop freezing/lagging in Windows 10

Cursor won't stop freezing/lagging in Windows 10: My cursor won't stop glitching in Windows 10 Version 1903. My laptop is an HP Pavilion Gaming 15 series (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-cx0000-laptop-pc/20284020/model/22909994). It just started today. Occasionally, I'll just be using...
  4. Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging: Best way to describe it is whenever you right click to go to new drop down it delays/takes awhile to load, i thought this was my machine but i confirmed it with my coworker too so it must be a windows update here is a gif of what i'm...
  5. New option on right-click is lagging on the first attempt with Version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New option on right-click is lagging on the first attempt with Version 1809: The New option on right-click is not showing up when tried the first time in an instance i.e. a folder for the first time after an update. Have to move the mouse around and get back to it or right-click again. Is anyone else facing the same problem?...
  6. Bluetooth mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse lagging: I have a Bluetooth mouse that is connected to my laptop and for some reason, its lagging. The temporary solution is that I remove it from Bluetooth devices and I add it back but after some time, the problem comes back. It seems to happen whenever the mouse returns from sleep...
  7. Mouse lagging and beeping

Mouse lagging and beeping: I suspect that bug of random lagging and beeping when users moving their cursor stills exist The XINPUT related one discussed in here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/random-mouse-lagging-and-beeping/56dda487-6bfc-4981-b1b3-0276f90c3c5d...
  8. Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide.

Start Menu shows slow and lag when enabled Taskbar Auto Hide.: Hi, the latest Windows 10 Update (Release 1903) makes Start Menu shows laggy no matter I click the Windows key on the keyboard or click start menu button using the mouse. The issue only occurred when Taskbar is set to "Auto Hide in Computer Mode". If I disable autohide of...
  9. Win10 Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly

Win10 Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse lags intermittently suddenly: Have had Logitech M185 mouse and K270 keyboard for years and got a HP preinstalled Windows 10 PC this past Christmas w/o any issues until yesterday. I noticed huge lag in keyboard responsiveness and then slight lag with mouse. Ended up replacing with fresh batteries to no...
  10. Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange persisting input lag ? bios, windows, in games: Hello Windows, After all, I have to say that I'm sorry if I did not post my thread on the right category, because I couldn't find the right one :/ My trouble is : Since 5 months now, I have a weird input lag with all my peripherals (mouse, controller, graphic tablet...) It...