Windows 10: Windows 10 is lagging

Discus and support Windows 10 is lagging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lenovo Thinkpad X301. I was given an old laptop, which works with good performance but there is one issue: it is lagging. I can say that it stutters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nicole Magee, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 is lagging

Lenovo Thinkpad X301.

I was given an old laptop, which works with good performance but there is one issue: it is lagging. I can say that it stutters every 5 seconds. Is there a fix? Thank you.

:)

Nicole Magee, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 is lagging

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is lagging

1. Windows 10 is lagging - Similar Threads - lagging

2. why does my keyboard lag?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my keyboard lag?: keyboard occasionally lags especially in taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-keyboard-lag/a0f791ae-af1a-44e0-b284-d325e9aa373c
  3. Mouse Lag/Stops Working - Logitech G502

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Lag/Stops Working - Logitech G502: I have a Microsoft Surface Book with Windows 10 Pro. Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90 GHz 2.11GHz RAM: 16 GB 64 bit I have a Logitech G502 mouse that keeps lagging/stops working (Before you say the mouse is the problem, I bought a brand new one when my...
  4. Spades lagging

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spades lagging: The game Spades that I’ve downloaded from the Store keeps lagging. I think the adds are culprit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spades-lagging/d65597ed-faf0-49ea-a7e0-2fbab054d928"
  5. Has it been confirmed by MS that Update KB4493464 is slowing/lagging machines?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has it been confirmed by MS that Update KB4493464 is slowing/lagging machines?: Hi, and first thank you MS Preface: I am very meticulous of what is installed and services running on my machine. I have been since Windows 95/98. After this week's update I am personally, with no settings changed or new/foreign programs running, noticing large lag times...
  6. Keyboard input lags due to OneDrive syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard input lags due to OneDrive syncing: My keyboard input lags. I think it is OneDrive syncing is causing the lagging. For instance I cannot type certain Latin letters on the laptop until I paused the syncing. Can you help me? I use Lenovo Yoga 730 13.3 inch....
  7. Windows 10 video streamin lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 video streamin lag: Hi, I use a Surface Pro and when I am streaming video from Netflix and Youtube, I can see tiny lags in the streaming. I am using Windows 10. How can I solve this problem? Thanks...
  8. Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.

Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.: I believe this started happening just after the last update. I'll be typing and it will start to lag really bad and then the last key I actually hit will start repeating accross the screen. At this point I'm not even touching the keyboard. I also have some add mouse lag...
  9. Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse lagging, keyboard repeating keys even when not typing.: I believe this started happening just after the last update. I'll be typing and it will start to lag really bad and then the last key I actually hit will start repeating accross the screen. At this point I'm not even touching the keyboard. I also have some add mouse lag...
  10. Nox App Player is lagging after clean installation of graphic card

Nox App Player is lagging after clean installation of graphic card: I have Nox App Player to play games on my Windows 10 laptop and everything was OK. But it changed after the clean installation of the graphic card. This app started lagging and I don’t know what to do with it. Do you have any solution? Thank you. The graphic card is Nvidia...