Windows 10: Windows 10 is lagging

Discus and support Windows 10 is lagging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lenovo Thinkpad X301. I was given an old laptop, which works with good performance but there is one issue: it is lagging. I can say that it stutters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nicole Magee, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 is lagging

Lenovo Thinkpad X301.

I was given an old laptop, which works with good performance but there is one issue: it is lagging. I can say that it stutters every 5 seconds. Is there a fix? Thank you.

:)

Nicole Magee, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 is lagging

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is lagging

1. Windows 10 is lagging - Similar Threads - lagging

2. Glitchy Audio and Lagging Cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Glitchy Audio and Lagging Cursor: I have some new bluetooth speakers, however, whenever I try to listen to a video online or to some music the audio keeps on glitching out and the overall sound quality is bad. Is there anyway I can fix this? I already troubleshooted using the control panel audio trouble...
  3. Computer severely underperforming - consistent lagging/fps drops. HW?

Computer severely underperforming - consistent lagging/fps drops. HW?: I ran memtest86 tonight and got thru 2 passes with no errors, however, whenever I manually ran test #11/11 I would get this repeating error that would just go on forever... Could my RAM be damaged? I should note I have it set to OC at 3000mhz [img] p.s. forgive my...
  4. Netflix lagging on External monitor after updating Nvidia Geforce video card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Netflix lagging on External monitor after updating Nvidia Geforce video card: Hi everyone, I've run into a pretty strange problem since updating my video card recently. When I try to play Netflix on my external monitor, it plays fine for a while but then will lag every now and again and freeze on a frame then right itself. Oddly, youtube does not...
  5. Computer severely underperforming - consistent lagging/fps drops. HW?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer severely underperforming - consistent lagging/fps drops. HW?: I ran memtest86 tonight and got thru 2 passes with no errors, however, whenever I manually ran test #11/11 I would get this repeating error that would just go on forever... Could my RAM be damaged? I should note I have it set to OC at 3000mhz [img] p.s. forgive my...
  6. Lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging: I previously installed windows 10 on my Dell Vostro 2420 after of which I have experienced lagging and hanging of my PC, I have tried cleaning up the whole system, running commands to increase the speed but nothing has happened. I have recently updated my BIOS and other...
  7. PC is lagging because of “system service”

PC is lagging because of “system service”: My PC started lagging. I noticed it when decided to start my PC. It took me about 5 minutes to activate the password prompt bar. Then I waited for 10 minuted to get Windows loaded. Every single operation is consuming a lot of time now. I opened the Task manager to check what...
  8. Very high, Disk, CPU, RAM causing huge lag (Windows10)

Very high, Disk, CPU, RAM causing huge lag (Windows10): Very recently my computer has been extremely slow, upon checking Task manager my disk was 100%, RAM and CPU is vey high. I have looked all over the internet and have found no solution to this, please help. I have Toshiba Satellite laptop, Win10, I have done a...
  9. Lagging games.

Lagging games.: I have errors playing fortnite csgo and alot of other games the game that i play is roblox and its super laggy there i have a microsoft display adapter driver someone please help me with my issue....
  10. Disk Usage at 100% causing lag in games.

Disk Usage at 100% causing lag in games.: Hi my disk is at 100%. Attached in the link is the recording of it using the windows performance recorder. I have got a new hard drive, complete reset, updated drivers, stopped superfetch and windows search, and updated my bios. I do not know what else to try. My computer...