Windows 10: Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles

Discus and support Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The glory days of live tiles, which was first introduced with metro-style Windows Phone 7, are over. By default, Start menu contains about two dozen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 24, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles

The glory days of live tiles, which was first introduced with metro-style Windows Phone 7, are over.

By default, Start menu contains about two dozen live tiles that continuously pull information in real-time, but many of those live tiles are not displaying anything useful. While live tiles are great on smartphones and tablets, most desktop users prefer going straight to the old-style desktop UI.

After the demise of Windows Mobile, Microsoft has completely stopped updating live tiles experience on Windows 10. While live tiles are supported by third-party apps such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, none of those live tiles are displaying anything useful.

Live tile is on life support and Microsoft hasn’t updated the feature in Windows 10 in a long while.

If the rumours are believed to be true, Windows 10’s Start menu could be getting a cluster of inert icons representing apps and games in the future. The redesigned Start menu would be similar to Windows 10X’s Start menu, but the UI will be tailored for desktops.

People familiar with the development told us that Microsoft is planning to replace live tiles with icons in a future update after Windows 10’s 20H2 release.

Last year, Windows 10’s leaked build offered an interesting clue into the company’s plans for the operating system’s Start menu. The leaked preview build dispensed with the “Live Tiles” menu approach currently seen in Windows 10, which is updated frequently to show information such as Weather and Calendar events.

Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles Windows-10-X-Start-menu.jpg

We’re expecting Windows 10’s live tiles to go away at some point in 2020/2021, possibly with Windows 10’s 2021 update since 20H2 is said to be a minor release and hints could drop in the preview builds later this year.

It’s worth noting that Microsoft has already started updating its Windows 10 apps with colourful icons ahead of the new Start menu update.

The plans are subject to change, but we wouldn’t be surprised if Live Tiles eventually fade away as most users don’t engage with Live Tiles on their Start Menu.

The post Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 24, 2020

2. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles

The One Feature the Win 10 Start Menu Lacks: Transparent Live Tiles

More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/the-o...s-497838.shtml

Cluster Head, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles

1. Windows 10 is likely to get a new Start menu without live tiles - Similar Threads - likely Start menu

2. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  3. Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore: I just factory reset my Windows 10 PC and the live tiles in the start menu no longer work. I've run the troubleshooter, which found nothing, and have tried resetting the apps but nothing seems to work. Any solutions?...
  4. Dark start menu tiles like VSCode.

Dark start menu tiles like VSCode.: How can I change all tiles to have a dark style like the VSCode tile: https://imgur.com/n3dS5kE This is driving me crazy that just the vscode tile is dark. submitted by /u/shyney [link] [comments]...
  5. What’s next for Windows 10 Start menu: Are live tiles dead?

in Windows 10 News
    What’s next for Windows 10 Start menu: Are live tiles dead?: There have been plenty of rumours and leaks after we reported Microsoft is considering a new Start menu layout that ditches the Live Tiles for static icons. Are live tiles dead? Not for now, but the Redmond firm is exploring a new Start menu without live tiles, but why? Let’s...
  6. Microsoft teases new Windows 10 Start menu that de-emphasizes Live Tiles

Microsoft teases new Windows 10 Start menu that de-emphasizes Live Tiles: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hupro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fd2q3e/microsoft_teases_new_windows_10_start_menu_that/
  7. Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    Live Tiles may get removed from Windows 10 Start Menu: What you need to know Windows 10's live tiles could be removed soon as part of a redesign of the Start Menu. A report claims that static icons could replace live tiles in the upcoming Windows 10 20H2 update. We first explored if Microsoft was moving away from live tiles...
  8. Customize Start Menu for Pinned apps and get Live Tile effect

Customize Start Menu for Pinned apps and get Live Tile effect: Hi there, Thanks for looking at my question. I am an avid user of the start menu and it's features, and I've been trying to customize it. However, I find that despite the excellent features and functionality that the built-in Apps are able to bring to the Start Menu, there...
  9. Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working

Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working: Hello. Just got a new computer today, win10 64-bit, i7. i can add apps to the live tiles, but then when i go to move them around or resize them, the start menu crashes. if i open it up again, the apps i added are gone, leaving only the ones that were already there. this...
  10. Start Menu Live Tiles All Of Them Stopped Being Live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Live Tiles All Of Them Stopped Being Live: Guys, Out from the sky, all my Start Menu Live Tiles stopped being live. Did not touch a thing. Windows 10 x32, 1709 16299.334 Do not have a Restore Point. Could you please help me to bring them alive again. It also influenced that my Mail App pinned to taskbar does...