Windows 10: Windows 10 is locked up at log in

Discus and support Windows 10 is locked up at log in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded my parents (they are in their 70s and fixing their computers has become a second full time job for me) to Windows 10. Probably a big mistake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RUCougarChick, May 22, 2016.

1. Windows 10 is locked up at log in

I upgraded my parents (they are in their 70s and fixing their computers has become a second full time job for me) to Windows 10. Probably a big mistake but I was hoping it would solve some issues I was constantly having to fix. They have Verizon internet and it is extremely slow so when an update was released, I am afraid it probably didn't complete so now I have a issue I cannot fix. I've brought their computer to my house hoping a faster internet would help but so far all I can do is log in, that's it. The task manager isn't responding, I cannot get to the settings or preferences. I've tried rebooting with a Windows 7 disk that my son had from his computer(their system when purchased from Best Buy did not come with a disk so, there's that), I've also tried rebooting while hitting the F11 key (HP) to try to set back to factory settings but no luck.. it will go to the log in screen and then do nothing. Last night thanks to my keyboard, I was able utilize shortcuts to access Word and Excel, so I do know some things are functioning. Also McAfee is working and iTunes did try to update. However, that's kind of useless if you can't get anything else to work. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? We don't care about the files saved, they were backed up on an external hard drive. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

RUCougarChick, May 22, 2016

2. lock screen

After upgrading from windows 10 home to 10 pro my lock screen and subsequent pin log in comes up twice. it is getting annoying to have to log in twice. How can I get back to just one lock screen and log in screen.

dj

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup)

DorisC0406, May 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 start up stucks at log-in screen.

I have experienced this issue multiple times. The way I fix it is wait, and try to relieve my frustration with a tablet. The computer is on and doing stuff, and more importantly, will respond if given enough time. However it'll need time to process. You
    also have to refrain from clicking so many times or pressing so many keys, especially right after booting the computer up. I think this issue will be patched with an update and could easily go away.

Technitrevor, May 22, 2016
  4. Windows 10 is locked up at log in

You may have to change the BIOS to boot from disc first. I believe that's F10 on the HP's I've worked on recently.

If nothing needs to be saved, you may consider a clean install right to Windows 10, but you'd have to use a functioning computer to download the Media Creation Tool. That will allow you to make a disc or a bootable USB drive to install Windos 10 clean.

Does their computer have a visible sticker showing a license key?

DeaconFrost, May 22, 2016
  5. I'll have to check tonight, at my real full time job right now.. I do have a couple PC's I can download a clean copy at home (duh! should've thought of that last night, but between it and them, I'm a tad flighty). I'll update the thread later tonight.. thanks for the response..I really appreciate it.

RUCougarChick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is locked up at log in

1. Windows 10 is locked up at log in - Similar Threads - locked log

2. My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a...: My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a key,it animates but doesnt goes to login screen.I've tried to go safe boot but it shows only a black screen when in safe mood. Please help...
  3. My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a...: My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a key,it animates but doesnt goes to login screen.I've tried to go safe boot but it shows only a black screen when in safe mood. Please help...
  4. My pc windows 10 lock screen isn't moving to log in screen, even though when i press a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.: Hi,My corporate microsoft account was locked. The 30-minute waiting didn’t work for me also. The problem did not result from repeated incorrect password attempts.From what I remember, I used a different workstation/pc to log-in and this problem has started ever since. I...
  6. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.

The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.: Hi,My corporate microsoft account was locked. The 30-minute waiting didn’t work for me also. The problem did not result from repeated incorrect password attempts.From what I remember, I used a different workstation/pc to log-in and this problem has started ever since. I...
  7. Hey, my pc crashed and now I can turn it on but I can’t log in. My Lock Screen is not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hey, my pc crashed and now I can turn it on but I can’t log in. My Lock Screen is not...: Hey, my pc crashed and now I can turn it on or log in. My Lock Screen is not responding and it’s all black. When I try to unlock it, it just comes back. What can I do?...
  8. Hey, my pc crashed and now I can turn it on but I can’t log in. My Lock Screen is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey, my pc crashed and now I can turn it on but I can’t log in. My Lock Screen is not...: Hey, my pc crashed and now I can turn it on or log in. My Lock Screen is not responding and it’s all black. When I try to unlock it, it just comes back. What can I do?...
  9. Hey, my pc crashed and now I can turn it on but I can’t log in. My Lock Screen is not...

10. i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password...: i have a new computer and first log in i am locked out and it will not take my password how do i move forward? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-and-first-log-in-i-am-locked/6a2f37f2-cac0-4500-b192-9d015a8a5dae

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 locked up at start