Windows 10: Windows 10 is Locking when my wife uses the laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 is Locking when my wife uses the laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When my wife tries to use my windows 10 machine, after a few moments of typing it goes to the lock screen and I have to sign back in. I can stand in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdamChauvin, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 is Locking when my wife uses the laptop

When my wife tries to use my windows 10 machine, after a few moments of typing it goes to the lock screen and I have to sign back in. I can stand in front of it and type and do whatever but after I move away and wife starts it locks up again.

I checked the sign-in options and removed the face recognition thinking that was part of it. I also do not currently have my phone or anything paired with the laptop.

This only seems to happen when the laptop is not connected to the power source.

Please help! We both need to use this and would really, really prefer one account to manage.

:)

AdamChauvin, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade Locked my wifes computer.

Thanks but none of the above Troubleshooting steps worked out for me. the machine just locked up when attempting to follow steps. I appreciate the suggestions but i wound up having to do a factory restore on the machine. i think ill just wait to installing
    win 10 for a while.

~Regards~

Dreamquestn3d, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 is Locking when my wife uses the laptop

Windows 10 upgrade Locked my wifes computer.

Hi Dreamquest,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to restart you system and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer to the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is Locking when my wife uses the laptop

1. Windows 10 is Locking when my wife uses the laptop - Similar Threads - Locking wife uses

2. My wife got windows 10 on her laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My wife got windows 10 on her laptop.: I bought windows 10 for my wifes laptop.It went bad so I tossed it out and bought her a new laptop with a new ver of windows on it.I want to use the windows 10 I bought for her, on my computer to update from win 7.How can I do it without losing all my stuffThanxBill Gardner...
  3. My wife got windows 10 on her laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife got windows 10 on her laptop.: I bought windows 10 for my wifes laptop.It went bad so I tossed it out and bought her a new laptop with a new ver of windows on it.I want to use the windows 10 I bought for her, on my computer to update from win 7.How can I do it without losing all my stuffThanxBill Gardner...
  4. My wife got windows 10 on her laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My wife's microsoft account is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife's microsoft account is locked.: I am setting up a new computer for my wife and her microsoft account is locked. We live in a cell phone dead spot so are unable to receive text messages. I got on chat and was there for an hour in the first spot and then kicked off. How do I unlock her account?...
  6. My wife's microsoft account is locked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wife's microsoft account is locked.: I am setting up a new computer for my wife and her microsoft account is locked. We live in a cell phone dead spot so are unable to receive text messages. I got on chat and was there for an hour in the first spot and then kicked off. How do I unlock her account?...
  7. Bitlocker has locked out my wife's laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker has locked out my wife's laptop.: Recent either Windows or BIOS update has locked out my wife's laptop. She has important data on it, and I cannot find the recovery key on Onedrive or Devices, and it's not on a printout or file either that I can find. This happened one day, and now we've basically lost our...
  8. Wifes laptop overheating

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifes laptop overheating: Hello people, Not sure if you guys are the right ones to ask but I'll give it a go. My wife prefers a laptop to a desktop and her 4 year old HP started shutting down and telling her its overheating. Installing Speccy and watching the temp it sure seems that way. It's also...
  9. Add my wife to use this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Add my wife to use this computer.: I accidentally entered my wife's email as administrator when I was trying to add her to use this computer. How can I change it back to myself and grant her access to this computer?...
  10. BSOD twice when wifes is using computer !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD twice when wifes is using computer !: AS stated its done it wife when wife's been using machine, i dont think she doing anything exciting facebook i would guess.I have troubles with firefox it just stops responding, i disabled the sound card and its not done this for a few days now.Any help would be appreciated...