Windows 10: Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications

Discus and support Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10’s full-screen nags are back! Microsoft is bombarding Windows 10 users with “Now unlocked: You’re eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 11”... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 1, 2023.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications

Windows 10’s full-screen nags are back! Microsoft is bombarding Windows 10 users with “Now unlocked: You’re eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 11” alerts.

After installing the recent updates, users have started receiving full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications on Windows 10.

Our PCs running Windows 10 21H2 and 22H2 received the alert over the weekend. There appears to be a surge in unwanted prompts since installing January 2023 update, but one of our devices is on the August 2022 Patch, and it has also started showing the pop-up, which suggests the alerts are linked to server-side updates and not Patch Tuesday.

Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications Windows-11-upgrade-alert.jpg
    Image Courtesy: WindowsLatest.com

This new pop-up resembles Windows 11’s first boot experience, which seems to be using XAML (a web component). The notification attempts to remind users that their device has unlocked the “free upgrade” offer and is eligible for a smooth upgrade experience where they can keep using Windows 10 while Windows 11 downloads in the background.

You can either click on the “Get it” button to begin the download or select the second button to schedule the download later. There’s another option that lets you “keep Windows 10”.

However, the pop-up won’t disappear when you click on the “Keep Windows 10” option.

Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications Windows-11-upgrade-alert-page-2.jpg
    Upgrade alert page two | Image Courtesy: WindowsLatest.com

Clicking the option won’t take you back to the desktop. Instead, it will open another page titled “Introducing Windows 11”, which highlights several features you can use after upgrading to the new OS, a new Start menu, tabs in File Explorer, new settings experience, Micorosft 365 and more.

Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications Windows-11-upgrade-alert-page-3.jpg
    Upgrade alert page three | Image Courtesy: WindowsLatest.com

You can click the “back” button, but it again won’t close the Windows 11 upgrade laert screen.

The back button opens another window titled “Microsoft recommends Windows 11 for your PC” because it has a familiar feel, your files will come to the new OS, and you can always go back to Windows 10 without worrying.

Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications Windows-11-upgrade-alert-page-4.jpg
    Upgrade alert page four | Image Courtesy: WindowsLatest.com

Finally, you can select the “decline upgrade” option to open the final confirmation window: “You’ll stay on Windows 10”. This page touts flagship Windows 11 features like tabs in File Explorer in its final attempt to bait users and reminds them that they can always get Windows 11 by visiting the Windows Update page.

Windows 10’s nag screen is nothing new and it was first added to Windows 10 with Microsoft’s May 2018 Update as a post-set-up ‘experience’, but this new pop-up experience is surprisingly long and it takes about five clicks to exit.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to bypass these alerts and they can reappear in future.

The post Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 1, 2023
  2. Uplink10 Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Feb 1, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User

In what could be a fundamental shift in how Microsoft monetizes its flagship product, the Windows operating system, the company decided to offer its upcoming Windows 10 as a free upgrade for existing users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. This offer will be applicable only for the first year following Windows 10 launch (after which, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users will have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10). Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu, a productive Desktop environment, and cutting-edge new API features such as DirectX 12.

Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications 116a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Feb 1, 2023
  4. cyneater Win User

Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications

Nice move. If windows 10 sucked... The apple and the linux camps would have got more users.

So by making it a free upgrade people wont bother looking for another OS.

cyneater, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is nagging users with full-screen Windows 11 “free upgrade” notifications - Similar Threads - nagging users full

2. Microsoft is pestering Windows 10 users with full-screen pop-ups to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is pestering Windows 10 users with full-screen pop-ups to upgrade to Windows 11: Microsoft is displaying a full-screen pop-up on Windows 10, to prompt users to upgrade to Windows 11. This is not the first time it has employed this strategy to try and attract users to move to the newer operating system. Microsoft is resorting to pop-ups again to tell...
  3. Windows nagging me to upgrade despite notification settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows nagging me to upgrade despite notification settings.: Hi. A while ago I disabled notifications entirely on my Win10 PC including the setting pictured in the screenshot. Somehow after I rebooted my computer today, it decided to tell me to upgrade to 11 using a full screen eyesore that took several clicks to get past, guilt...
  4. Windows nagging me to upgrade despite notification settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows nagging me to upgrade despite notification settings.: Hi. A while ago I disabled notifications entirely on my Win10 PC including the setting pictured in the screenshot. Somehow after I rebooted my computer today, it decided to tell me to upgrade to 11 using a full screen eyesore that took several clicks to get past, guilt...
  5. Windows nagging me to upgrade despite notification settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Nag screen for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Nag screen for Windows 11: Windows 10 Release preview. I am well aware that my 1st generation Threadripper does not meet Windows 11 requirements. So I am running Windows 10 on this machine. Does anyone know how to get rid of Microsofts Nag screen when looking at Windows Updates?...
  7. Windows Nag screen for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Nag screen for Windows 11: Windows 10 Release preview. I am well aware that my 1st generation Threadripper does not meet Windows 11 requirements. So I am running Windows 10 on this machine. Does anyone know how to get rid of Microsofts Nag screen when looking at Windows Updates?...
  8. Windows Nag screen for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 is now nagging users with full screen Microsoft Edge ads

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is now nagging users with full screen Microsoft Edge ads: In production builds, Microsoft is A/B testing a new ‘feature’ that is designed to nag users with fullscreen window-less Microsoft Edge recommendations in the OOBE screen. The nag will appear when users set up their PC, sign in to their system after applying updates, or when...
  10. Windows 10 is nagging users with upgrade setup notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is nagging users with upgrade setup notifications: Microsoft is bombarding Windows 10 users with nag screens informing them about its services and features such as OneDrive. After the latest Windows 10 updates, there appears to be a surge in “Get even more out of Windows” full-screen prompt. This prompt was previously...