Windows 10: Windows 10 is not able to shutdown cleanly. Windows Bug!

Discus and support Windows 10 is not able to shutdown cleanly. Windows Bug! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After doing an upgrade instal over a perfectly running Win 7 Pro, I noticed that the Reliability Monitor was throwing up an error "Windows was not shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GregH, Aug 25, 2015.

1. GregH Win User

Windows 10 is not able to shutdown cleanly. Windows Bug!

After doing an upgrade instal over a perfectly running Win 7 Pro, I noticed that the Reliability Monitor was throwing up an error "Windows was not shut down properly". This appears to happen on most shutdowns and restarts of the PC using the normal shutdown method: Start-Power-Shutdown.While the error is invisible unless checking the Reliability Monitor, as the shutdown seems to happen normally and next system start will always be OK, not reporting any error, ithe Reliability Monitor report bugged me. It never happened under Win 7 where my Reliability Monitor graph usually sat at a perfect 10..So I made the call to do a clean instal. Booted from an ISO USB, deleted all partitions on my C:, had the system create the 4 new partitions as per the guide on this forum and installed Win10 Pro.Well blow me down but the clean instal is doing the same darn thing! Before I even load 1 piece of software. So I try a second time-same result again. Really annoyed as it will take a week or more to get my PC back to where it was before and this error is still there! Grrrrr!Surely this is an OS bug then? If I look at the number of posts on this forum about Windows shutdown, sleep issues, maybe they are all related to my issue. Going to report this on the ASUS ROG forums also to see if it is a common issue with my motherboard model maybe.Any ideas that can help me pin point this? Maybe in the power options? Or BIOS? Before I started, I reset my BIOS to default values to make sure that an overclock or BIOS setting could be ruled out. Asus Hero VI Maximus m/board.Is there a fix I can use as a workaround, maybe a delayed shutdown command that gives Windows a little more time to get it's shutdown act together. Maybe my system hardware is just to fast for Microsoft....

:)

GregH, Aug 25, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

Eve OAP

Although it won't fix the problem I just want to pass on a way of cleanly shutting down if you have not been able to do it before.

Press CNTL+ALT+DEL together and a screen with Lock, Switch User will appear. In the bottom right hand corner you will see a power icon. Are you able to select shutdown from there.? It may fix itself when you startup again. Don't select restart but shutdown
    completely.

neilpzz, Aug 25, 2015
  3. After shutting down the system, moving mouse will turn on the computer

I have a problem with shutdown of windows 10. Although it shutdowns but after the light switch off from my pc the lights from my mouse still on?. when I try to move my mouse it turns on not as a standby or suspended mode but on a normal reboot mode. Is
    it a bug?

Original title: problem with shutdown

fatboi archy, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 is not able to shutdown cleanly. Windows Bug!

1. Windows 10 is not able to shutdown cleanly. Windows Bug! - Similar Threads - able shutdown cleanly

2. Windows is not able to shutdown or Restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is not able to shutdown or Restart.: Recently when I try to shutdown or restart my pc it doesn't work. It just gets stuck on the restarting or the shutting down screen and requires a force-shutdown by holding the power button to actually turn off. I've tried checking for viruses and disabled all unused startup...
  3. Windows is not able to shutdown or Restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is not able to shutdown or Restart.: Recently when I try to shutdown or restart my pc it doesn't work. It just gets stuck on the restarting or the shutting down screen and requires a force-shutdown by holding the power button to actually turn off. I've tried checking for viruses and disabled all unused startup...
  4. Windows 11 Shutdown Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shutdown Bug: Ever since I've installed Windows 11, my PC has been shutting down randomly when gaming. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my computer specs as I've never had this issue before and I've run tests to make sure temperatures are good. I don't know if this is a Windows...
  5. Windows 11 Shutdown Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Shutdown Bug: Ever since I've installed Windows 11, my PC has been shutting down randomly when gaming. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with my computer specs as I've never had this issue before and I've run tests to make sure temperatures are good. I don't know if this is a Windows...
  6. Not able to shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to shutdown or restart: Hi Every time when i trying to shutdown or restart PC it says like some program is preventing you from shutdown or restart, and for some application chrome and visual studio even after closing them,its still running in the task manager i have tried ending them via command...
  7. Windows self-shutdown [Bug Report and Solving]

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows self-shutdown [Bug Report and Solving]: I found a problem and because of this bug PC turns itself off. we can come bug.. if you install Spotify from Microsoft store. this problem will occur. i don't know, what is the problem?...
  8. A new Windows 10 bug makes the shutdown process slower

in Windows 10 News
    A new Windows 10 bug makes the shutdown process slower: Microsoft has acknowledged a new bug in Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1803) that makes the shutdown process significantly slower. Windows 10 shutdown issues are experienced when a USB Type-C controller is implemented in Windows 10 and unplugging the USB device...
  9. Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will I be able to do a clean install of Windows 10?: Hope this has not been asked before. I have the Windows 7 disc which I purchased and since then have upgraded to Windows 8 & 8.1 via the Windows Store. When Windows 10 is released I'd like to do a fresh install. Does anyone know if this will be possible or would I have...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Install Bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Clean Install Bug: When I clean install Windows 10, and I have done this multiple times using the most current version, the menu where you turn features on, before you pick your computer username, displays twice. The 1st time you do it, it goes as far right before the menu where you pick your...