Windows 10: Windows 10 is not automatically changing folder types

Discus and support Windows 10 is not automatically changing folder types in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm always extremely frustrated with MS windows, it's really bad, so many flaws. Here's a problem that is annoying the heck out of me. Usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas Jr, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Thomas Jr Win User

Windows 10 is not automatically changing folder types

Hi, I'm always extremely frustrated with MS windows, it's really bad, so many flaws.

Here's a problem that is annoying the heck out of me.

Usually Windows 10 automatically sets folders to types (pictures, music, general), but this is not working at all.

Not only does the pest not detect and set the folder type automatically, it doesn't work to manually set it.

That would be the option "Customize this folder", with a right click, and then selecting either Music, Pictures, General, etc.

When I do that nothing happens, it doesn't apply that type.

I know it's not setting it, cause if I repeat the process I see that the folder I just changed the type of is still showing as General.

Can some expert please help? Thanks

:)

Thomas Jr, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 is not automatically changing folder types

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is not automatically changing folder types

1. Windows 10 is not automatically changing folder types - Similar Threads - automatically changing folder

2. Change OneDrive Folder Type online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change OneDrive Folder Type online: Hi,My question is pretty simple:I am trying to change a Folder Type from "Pictures" to "Documents" on the OneDrive Website https://onedrive.live.com but it doesn't change, when I click save.It is a custom folder 00_Phone that syncs photos and documents from my Phone. I never...
  3. Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders: Good day dear community,I have the Issue with Windows 10 Pro that sometimes I open up a folder and find that for whatever reason the View had been changed from "large icons" to "details". This issue had been since years and I would love for it to finally to stop doing it on...
  4. Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders: Good day dear community,I have the Issue with Windows 10 Pro that sometimes I open up a folder and find that for whatever reason the View had been changed from "large icons" to "details". This issue had been since years and I would love for it to finally to stop doing it on...
  5. Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders

6. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  7. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  8. Changing folder type default to Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing folder type default to Documents: I work with a lot of media files music / video and jpgs and frequently when I set a folder with one of this I get a bunch of utterly useless column headings which relate to album or music tracks, whereas without exception what I actually need is documents folder view each and...
  9. Change default new folder type?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default new folder type?: Whenever I create a new folder it always starts out formatted for music, please see the columns here: https://imgur.com/a/r65crKW Is there a way I can change the default of newly created folders to another type, like Documents perhaps? I don't want to use the "apply to all...
  10. Folder View Type Change Problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder View Type Change Problem in Windows 10: Its possible to customize one or more folders to a specific file view like "list" or "details" for example? Whenever I close the folder or go back to the previous folder the default system sets back default view which was adopted by the system or the view that was defined by...