Windows 10: Windows 10 is not detecting the drive

Discus and support Windows 10 is not detecting the drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 is not detecting the external drive, that is Seagate Freeagent Desk 640 GB. I receive a message that no drive detected. But I didn’t face... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xxxxxx3, Nov 24, 2018.

1. xxxxxx3 Win User

Windows 10 is not detecting the drive

Windows 10 is not detecting the external drive, that is Seagate Freeagent Desk 640 GB. I receive a message that no drive detected. But I didn’t face any troubles when it was running on Windows XP.

:)

xxxxxx3, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 is not detecting the drive

little cat, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is not detecting the drive

1. Windows 10 is not detecting the drive - Similar Threads - detecting drive

2. My pc doesn't detect drives anymore, kinda

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc doesn't detect drives anymore, kinda: I recently updated my BIOS and when I did it I couldn't access Windows anymore, I was always getting BSODs with the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error. I completely wiped my SSD M.2 with Linux I installed it as a test and everything was working fine and then I created the...
  3. My pc doesn't detect drives anymore, kinda

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc doesn't detect drives anymore, kinda: I recently updated my BIOS and when I did it I couldn't access Windows anymore, I was always getting BSODs with the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error. I completely wiped my SSD M.2 with Linux I installed it as a test and everything was working fine and then I created the...
  4. external hard drive is detected by windows - but cannot see it in explorer or access any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive is detected by windows - but cannot see it in explorer or access any...: Hello,I have a serious issue with my external hard drive where i have stored my data, hsitorical photographs etc.I really need the data, so i hope someone can helpWhen i connect my hard disk, I hear that windows sound that hardware is attached. The disk is making for 1-2...
  5. external hard drive is detected by windows - but cannot see it in explorer or access any...

external hard drive is detected by windows - but cannot see it in explorer or access any...: Hello,I have a serious issue with my external hard drive where i have stored my data, hsitorical photographs etc.I really need the data, so i hope someone can helpWhen i connect my hard disk, I hear that windows sound that hardware is attached. The disk is making for 1-2...
  6. external hard drive is detected by windows - but cannot see it in explorer or access any...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...
  8. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...: This is going to be a lot of info but if you think you can help please take the time to read it or at least skim through it.I bought the LG BP60NB10 Slim Portable Blu-ray / DVD Writer about 6 months ago and used it a few times to get data off of some old dvds. I put it back...
  9. LG external USB connection dvd blu-ray drive no longer recognized, detected, etc. when I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Can a hard drive cause errors when there is not detected errors in windows?

Can a hard drive cause errors when there is not detected errors in windows?: Note: I sometimes have BSOD show up. Not too frequently recently, but I was using MS Word the other day, and Windows 10 shut down suddenly while using Word.I gathered that perhaps it was possibly due to RAM being consumed.The BSOD referenced something like a kernel error, and...