Windows 10: Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution

Discus and support Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My display resolution is 1920x1080. I have went into display settings and nvidia control panel and manually set everything to 1920x1080. To confirm,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SuffocatingLite, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution

My display resolution is 1920x1080.

I have went into display settings and nvidia control panel and manually set everything to 1920x1080. To confirm, the option for 1920x1080 is showing up and it is showing up as applied. Went I open a program such as Firefox, Steam, Discord, or when I open the start panel, everything is much too large. For example, the start panel takes up almost half the screen, and the UI on the programs mentioned are blown out of proportion as well. The desktop icons also appear doubled in size and have too much spacing between them.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphic drivers. I have manually set the display resolution to 1920x1080 on both Display Settings and Nvidia Control Panel. I have restarted the computer and tv from completely powered down states.

I don't know what else to do. It wasn't like this before.

:)

SuffocatingLite, Oct 3, 2020
  2. RWOne Win User

Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

One of two possibilities:

1. Driver is still not correct, as you don't have the listed resolution to go to recommended for that monitor. If it is using a driver win 10 installed and not the manufacturer, then you need to try the manufacturer driver, list the display driver from device manager and we can go from there.

2. Card in PC (Is it a card, or integrated mainboard graphics?) doesn't support that resolution, hence driver not listing it, etc.

Other possibility - what does the system show for the monitor listed in device manager?

RWOne, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Display resolution not correct

I have just installed Win 10. over 8.1. Had a few bugs but was able to get them worked out except one. I have an INSIGNIA tv as my main monitor. I also have an ASUS high resolution 17" monitor for my 2nd display. It displays as it did with 8.1. The
    insignia is set for 1080 pixel but the display is too large and only half of the icons in the task bar will be displayed. I cannot run the windows in full screen mode. My drivers for my graphics card and up to date, everything seems correct and settings
    are showing 1080 for this display, it is just too large for the screen. Looking at the Hardware list it said this display (insignia) did not migrate. Does this mean it is not compatible with Win 10. Is there something I can do or do I need to go back to
    8.1 Pro???

Joe D. Barton, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution

Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution

1. Windows 10 is not displaying the correct resolution - Similar Threads - displaying correct resolution

2. Correct display resolution unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct display resolution unavailable: Hi,I've been having issues for close to two months with my display resolution. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 7060 with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with an Iyama PLB2712HDS monitor. I've used this configuration for five years without having any issues.One day my screen suddenly went...
  3. Correct display resolution unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct display resolution unavailable: Hi,I've been having issues for close to two months with my display resolution. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 7060 with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with an Iyama PLB2712HDS monitor. I've used this configuration for five years without having any issues.One day my screen suddenly went...
  4. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  5. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  6. Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly: On my old laptop, the connection to my monitor worked perfectly, but the resolution I choose is either too big to fit the screen or way too zoomed in with my new laptop. When zoomed in it doesn't let me change the scale of the text apps, etc. Hoping for a fix because I really...
  7. My screen's resolution is not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen's resolution is not displaying correctly: I have been having a huge issue with the display of my screen. My resolution or aspect ratio is appearing incorrectly. I am an artist and make digital art and I have been faced with a very annoying issue that I am unsure how to fix. So basically my screen is displaying taller...
  8. Windows 10 Display correct resolution missing after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Display correct resolution missing after update: After the latest update today, suddenly my screen display reverted to something ridiculous and the correct resolution for my screen, 1680 x 1050 is missing from the dropdown list....
  9. Windows 10 doesn't detect correct display resolution FIX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't detect correct display resolution FIX: Hey guys, My windows wouldnt detect the correct resolution for my 4K monitor and only went up to '1600 x 900 (Recommended)'. I was able to fix this by doing the optional windows update AKA after that windows fixed itself. Reinstalling the display adapters didnt work for me,...
  10. Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct: i bought a new monitor yesterday (AOC E2270SWHN) and i found that the screen was really stretched out when I connected it to my pc. Here is a picture: [img] When I went into the settings I found that there was no option for 1080x1920 and was very confused. Like I said, my...