Windows 10: Windows 10 is not found after installing rEFInd (boot manager)

Discus and support Windows 10 is not found after installing rEFInd (boot manager) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [img] I am setting a dual boot with W10 and Linux Mint. These are the steps I followed: 1. I had W10 installed in the HD. 2. I added a SSD, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by drpeppercan, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 is not found after installing rEFInd (boot manager)

Windows 10 is not found after installing rEFInd (boot manager) [​IMG]

I am setting a dual boot with W10 and Linux Mint.
    These are the steps I followed:
    1. I had W10 installed in the HD.
    2. I added a SSD, and unplugged the HD (with W10)
    3. I installed LM in the SSD.
    4. Plugged back the HD.
    5. Booted up. W10 loaded.
    6. I installed rEFInd in the S drive (where the EFI directory is located).
    7. I get this error you see in the image.

In the BIOS, Windows Manager was setup to be the first boot. Ubuntu as the 2nd (Linux Mint shows as Ubuntu here).
    After that error, I swapped them up. So now Ubuntu was the first boot.
    This allowed me to load LM.
    I just installed rEFInd via the PPA in LM as adviced in the rEFInd instructions. Hopefully this will do the trick.
    I'll reboot now... wish me luck!

- - - Updated - - -

It worked! Windows 10 is not found after installing rEFInd (boot manager) :)
    From now on, I'll just install rEFInd via the PPA in LM.

Hopefully this could help someone.

:)

drpeppercan, Apr 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 19, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 is not found after installing rEFInd (boot manager)

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is not found after installing rEFInd (boot manager)

1. Windows 10 is not found after installing rEFInd (boot manager) - Similar Threads - found installing rEFInd

2. rEFInd changed the boot logo, the resolution and the aspect ratio when booting in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rEFInd changed the boot logo, the resolution and the aspect ratio when booting in Windows: I recently installed Linux Mint alongside Windows and decided to use rEFInd as my boot manager. But I noticed that, when booting in Windows, the boot logo, which for me was the Acer logo because I have an Acer PC was replaced by the Windows logo. Additionally, the resolution...
  3. rEFInd changed the boot logo, the resolution and the aspect ratio when booting in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rEFInd changed the boot logo, the resolution and the aspect ratio when booting in Windows: I recently installed Linux Mint alongside Windows and decided to use rEFInd as my boot manager. But I noticed that, when booting in Windows, the boot logo, which for me was the Acer logo because I have an Acer PC was replaced by the Windows logo. Additionally, the resolution...
  4. Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System: Two days ago my Laptop MSI GF63, with Windows 11 installed wouldn't boot, instead an old grub installation showed up indicating that no windows boot manager was found. Indeed, BIOS showed no windows boot manager, only grub. Problem is, that my Main partition is encrypted with...
  5. Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System

Windows Boot Manager not found on Bitlocker encrypted System: Two days ago my Laptop MSI GF63, with Windows 11 installed wouldn't boot, instead an old grub installation showed up indicating that no windows boot manager was found. Indeed, BIOS showed no windows boot manager, only grub. Problem is, that my Main partition is encrypted with...
  6. rEFInd won't load at boot time :(

rEFInd won't load at boot time :(: I successfully installed rEFInd in Windows 10 in my IdeaPad Flex 5. But it won't work in my desktop pc also with Windows 10. Both devices dual-boot with Pop! OS. I disabled Fast Boot in my desktop just in case to no avail. I believe Secure Boot is also disabled. I am able to...
  7. Unable to boot into rEFind

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot into rEFind: Hello, i installed rEFind on my laptop and i'm trying to boot into it, but whenever i press the boot key it boots up the old BIOS where you can check Legacy/Uefi stuff etc. but rEFind never comes up. Is there any special key or something that i have to do so it boots up...
  8. Drivers not found after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers not found after installing Windows 10: I have a small issue. After installing Windows 10 Professional Build 1909 November 2019 Update, I couldn't connect to the Internet and couldn't connect Bluetooth. I tried every option available on the Internet I had another computer which was very old such as resetting and...
  9. Boot device not found after installing ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot device not found after installing ssd: So I just replaced my HD with a new Samsung ssd. I made a recovery on an ssd card before removing it. Now after installing it and turning the laptop on I get this message. https://imgur.com/a/egTgMD5 Could someone please tell me what I should do ? It is an hp pavillion with...
  10. No boot manager on windows 10 new install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No boot manager on windows 10 new install: Can someone please help me? I am running windows 7 as my primary os and decided to try windows 10 on its own hard disk. The installation was successful but I can't get into windows 7 now unless I force boot in the bios. The funny thing is that the windows 10 hard disk is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install refind boot manager

2. install refind on ubuntu

3. refind boot manager usb 2019