Windows 10: Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened.

Discus and support Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A recent annoyance. When i open Gamebar, it is no longer given focus so that i cannot select options in it with a controller, and if i am in a game, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IsJustaGhost, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened.

A recent annoyance. When i open Gamebar, it is no longer given focus so that i cannot select options in it with a controller, and if i am in a game, i must enter the menu or chat (making it so the mouse\touch-pad no longer is used for looking in game) in order to use the mouse to select options.

The GIF is using both Xbox One controller and mouse.

Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened. [​IMG]

Gamebar had recently updated.

Since it is not given focus, B button on the controller and escape do not close gamebar.

:)

IsJustaGhost, Apr 20, 2019

2. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened.

Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened. 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened.

1. Windows 10 is not giving focus to gamebar when it is opened. - Similar Threads - giving focus gamebar

2. Gamebar Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar Issue: I am trying to use gamebar for recording a game I'm playing. However the record/start/stop button is quite distracting when recording. It makes it hard to move around, and I am unable to move it. Is there any solution for this?...
  3. Gamebar Recording error code 2184328705

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar Recording error code 2184328705: I have been using the Windows 10 Gamebar for a couple of months now recording my games and taking screen shots. All of a sudden I started receiving this error last night while trying to record a game. "Could not record Error 2184328705" A little help would be...
  4. WILL NOT FOCUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WILL NOT FOCUS: HOW DO YOU FOCUS PICTURES NOT CLEAR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-focus/095e7820-8bd6-4647-9ff6-3640bda989a3
  5. Performance Tab on gamebar is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance Tab on gamebar is missing: Hello when i update to october 2018 today and when launch any game then press windows + G the gamebar panel opens up but missing the performance tab! where i can toggle dedicate resources on and off. what should i do to fix this pls help ty! [ATTACH]...
  6. Broken gamebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken gamebar: Gamebar doesn't record my friend's voice in a discord call, I also got updated drivers and not one DAMN thing works! Forums also useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/broken-gamebar/2c00731a-ffd3-4f14-8a21-59e3c6c054e5
  7. when i open cam it dosnt work and gives an error code...

when i open cam it dosnt work and gives an error code...: when i open cam it dosnt work and gives an error code 0xA00F4271<mediacapturedfailedevent>(0x80070018) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/when-i-open-cam-it-dosnt-work-and-gives-an-error/46f7c0f8-dcef-4231-b126-623dc1f3aecb
  8. Window focus changes when working on multiple monitors.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window focus changes when working on multiple monitors.: I'm having some problems after my Windows upgrade from 7 to 10, and I'm hoping someone here can point me in the correct direction. Basically, I'm working on a multiple monitor system. When I move my mouse around the screen, windows changes the focus from the window that...
  9. Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening

Spotify UWP app is giving big error when opening: When I try to open the new Spotify UWP app, I get "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_1.57.332.0_x86_abunchofrandomcharacters\Sp..."...
  10. When showing focus, windows are not flashing correctly.

in Windows 10 Support
    When showing focus, windows are not flashing correctly.: I was messing around in "Ease of Access", specifically under "Other options" and "Visual notification for sound". However, I have since restored it back to default, which is "Flash active title bar". For some reason, my title bars are not really flashing multiple...