Windows 10: Windows 10 is not maintaining Windows positions anymore

Discus and support Windows 10 is not maintaining Windows positions anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I found this hint "How do I get Windows 10 to remember window size and position?", but it's not working anymore. There are many things, Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pius1270, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Pius1270 Win User

Windows 10 is not maintaining Windows positions anymore

I found this hint "How do I get Windows 10 to remember window size and position?", but it's not working anymore.

There are many things, Microsoft screwed up in Windows 10:

- Mouseklicks are often not working. Often I have to click twice to select an element

- Calender-Items in Outlook do not open if I doubleclick them sometimes

- Opening Excel and Word takes ages

But let's come back to this Windows size and positioning issue. This is the most pressing issue, because the actual solution is the worst out of all possible ones except of the ones that open the windows even out of view.

My expectation is, that a Window always opens there, where it was open the last time it was running.

Looking forward to hearing some hint for fixing this.

:)

Pius1270, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is not maintaining Windows positions anymore - Similar Threads - maintaining positions anymore

2. Windows 10 Notification Position

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Notification Position: Is there currently a way to move notifications in Windows 10 from the bottom-right corner of the screen to the top-right corner? I've tried a bunch of Googling, but all I've managed to find were some old registry tweaks that seem to no longer work on current builds of Windows...
  3. Maintaining State using differencing VHDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Maintaining State using differencing VHDs in Windows 10: I found this download some years ago - and incorporated it extensively on kiosk pcs for work. It utilizes native-boot in Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise to enable rollback to a pristine installation state. I would be grateful if someone with better skills than myself could...
  4. Windows 10 Notifications Resetting Window Position

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notifications Resetting Window Position: Starting about a week ago not update-related, I've noticed that clicking on Windows 10 desktop notifications resets the position of their respective applications. For instance, if I click a Slack notification, the Slack window, which was previously snapped to the right side...
  5. Is Windows 10 Maintaining Its Speed Over Time?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is Windows 10 Maintaining Its Speed Over Time?: After using most Microsoft OSs since Windows 3.1, I have always found that the speed of operations slowed down a lot after 2-3 years for reason unknown to me. But I have been running Windows 10 for three years and I have noticed no slowdown. I don't have any benchmarks to...
  6. maintaining connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    maintaining connection: I have a laptop shared with 2 other family members , Both of their accounts work fine no problems, But I cant stay connected to any pages for more than 40 seconds so it is difficult to do anything tried settings etc and a few built in troubleshoots stuck help as I am not a...
  7. maintaining connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    maintaining connection: I have a laptop shared with 2 other family members , Both of their accounts work fine no problems, But I cant stay connected to any pages for more than 40 seconds so it is difficult to do anything tried settings etc and a few built in troubleshoots stuck help as I am not a...
  8. how to maintain the windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to maintain the windows 10: how to maintain the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-maintain-the-windows-10/8b640046-48e8-492f-894a-14a6de831f58
  9. Known Changes To System That Maintain Windows 10 Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Known Changes To System That Maintain Windows 10 Activation: On a test box I have changed: CPU - different model, L2 Cache and speed. RAM - different make, specs and capacity. HDD - different make, cache and capacity. Windows 10 stayed activated for both the existing install and a clean install. Post any other changes you...
  10. Remember window position?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remember window position?: In every version of Windows 10 I have used, including the most recent official build (and unlike every previous Windows including XP, Vista, 7, 8, etc...) my window positions on the desktop are not remembered (sticky) each time I close the window. Meaning that each time I...