Windows 10: Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely

Discus and support Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had done a clean installation of Windows 10 6 bit after all the updates had been done, i shut down the windows buy my CPU fan keeps spinning. any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VNanjappa, Feb 4, 2021.

1. VNanjappa Win User

Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely

I had done a clean installation of Windows 10 6 bit

after all the updates had been done, i shut down the windows buy my CPU fan keeps spinning.

any help will be much appreciated.

:)

VNanjappa, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Feb 4, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is not Shutting Down Completely - Similar Threads - Shutting Down Completely

2. Windows does not shut down completely

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows does not shut down completely: Windows does not shut down completely and getting the error :" The embedded controller EC did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should...
  3. Windows Defender has shut down completely

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender has shut down completely: My Windows defender has shut down complete after the last up date and I have tried all the options that has been listed on the net but none have worked so far it appears that the windows defender file is corrupted and I cannot reload it at all I have tried to do a repair my...
  4. Won't shut-down completely ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't shut-down completely ..?: Hi All My HP laptop certainly won't shut-down . I have to hold the power button to do it .. ? So far I did reset the window .. but still messes up Please help .. Thanks 164789
  5. Acer Notebook does not shut down completely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Notebook does not shut down completely?: My Acer Aspire notebook doesn't shut down completely after installing Windows 10 Pro, but simply continues to run with a black screen. But this is only from time to time. Unfortunately, a new installation could not solve the problem either. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  6. surface 3 laptop not shutting down completely

surface 3 laptop not shutting down completely: My surface 3 laptop is not shutting down completely. when I shut it down, I get the blue shutdown screen, then the black blank screen, and I think it is shut down and I close the lid. but when I come back to my laptop minutes after, it would be boiling hot, with the lid...
  7. PC wont completely shut down

PC wont completely shut down: Hi, For a while now, any time I press the power butting or click Shut Down on my PC, the screen will turn of but the fans and fan lights stay on. The only way to turn it of then is to power cycle it. However, if I put the computer to sleep or hibernate, the fans and lights...
  8. Windows shuts down before completing update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows shuts down before completing update: As the title states, Windows shuts down before the cumulative updates can finish. It gets to exactly 7% every time before shutting off completely. I've had this computer for about four months and I cannot recall it ever actually completing. The error code I'm getting when...
  9. Computer shutting down before an update is complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer shutting down before an update is complete: Whenever I select the option to "Update and Shut Down" my computer shuts down before the update begins or can complete. It shuts down within 1 or 2 minutes. I am unsure of how to fix this problem. Please let me know, thanks!...
  10. computer not completely shutting down

computer not completely shutting down: Hi, I recent got a new Dell Inspiron 3670 Desktop with windows 10 Aug 30th and I have had five crashes involving hours on the phone with Dell Tech support and hours reinstalling my programs. I think I know what the problems is. When I turn off the computer the power light...