Windows 10: Windows 10 is not starting, black screen after Samsung logo appears

Discus and support Windows 10 is not starting, black screen after Samsung logo appears in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with my laptop. It is a Samsung model with Windows 10. I am not able to start the computer in any way possibile. I am not able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaxTonucci, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 is not starting, black screen after Samsung logo appears

Hi,

I have a problem with my laptop. It is a Samsung model with Windows 10.

I am not able to start the computer in any way possibile.

I am not able to access Recovery Mode, or the Advanced Startup Options, and I cannot even start the process via Safe Mode.

I tried to follow some processes suggested in other posts including re-booting the pc for several times untile I should be able to start the Advanced Startup Options, yet these did not work.

Everytime I start the computer, the Samsung logo appears, and after that I never saw anything else besides the fixed black screen I can hear the PC it's on and running, with the light of the screen on.

Could you please help me solving this problem?

Thank you very much in advance,

Max

:)

MaxTonucci, Mar 29, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Mar 29, 2020
  3. JaredzzC Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Hi,

I locked my computer before I went away for a couple of days and came back to a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.
    Every time I try to start the computer, it will go through the initial startup sequence of displaying the manufacture's logo for the motherboard and then it will say 'Starting Windows' After which point it will just display a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.

I can access the motherboard's features absolutely fine and the options such as safe mode, start windows normally etc are available.

I've tried:
    Startup Repair - No problems.
    Windows Recovery Diagnostic Tool - No problems.
    Chkdsk - No problems found.
    There are no dates available for System Restore.
    It won't start in safe mode. It runs through the loading then same result as before, only the cursor visible.

As a last attempt I cleared the CMOS, but with the same outcome as before.

I thought it could perhaps be GPU related, but it doesn't seem so.
    I have 2 GPUs, both R9 290. They were both working absolutely fine before I left - no problems whatsoever.
    I have tried them each one by one but they produce the same result individually ( after 'starting windows' a black screen with only the mouse cursor appears).

Specs can be found in my 'system specs' section.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

JaredzzC, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 is not starting, black screen after Samsung logo appears

My home screen appears black with no start menu

Hi Muhamad,

You might be experiencing this issue because of corrupted system files or device drivers. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to reach the sign-in screen when starting your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in the following link:

Troubleshoot black screen problems

If you can reach the sign-in screen, we recommend that you start your PC in safe mode from the sign-in screen.
    Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. Here are the steps:

• When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select the Power
      icon > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or
      F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 is not starting, black screen after Samsung logo appears

1. Windows 10 is not starting, black screen after Samsung logo appears - Similar Threads - starting black screen

2. Black screen after dell logo appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after dell logo appear: any expert know what went wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-dell-logo-appear/c99452ce-2c47-46ea-a34d-3f42f9a921d9
  3. Black screen after dell logo appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after dell logo appear: any expert know what went wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-dell-logo-appear/c99452ce-2c47-46ea-a34d-3f42f9a921d9
  4. Black screen after dell logo appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows get black screen then appear logo after start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows get black screen then appear logo after start.: Hello , first thank you for see this post , i hope you could solve this problem for me.This is all details.So I'm While playing a game on my Lenovo laptop Windows 10 it's freeze my screen and i was hold the power off button and pressing it again to restart , after I...
  6. Windows get black screen then appear logo after start.

Windows get black screen then appear logo after start.: Hello , first thank you for see this post , i hope you could solve this problem for me.This is all details.So I'm While playing a game on my Lenovo laptop Windows 10 it's freeze my screen and i was hold the power off button and pressing it again to restart , after I...
  7. Windows get black screen then appear logo after start.

8. Black screen on start up after the windows logo

Black screen on start up after the windows logo: So I am getting a black screen right after it shows the windows logo, I tried rebooting but the only thing that worked with me was reinstalling windows OS. Problem is after I reinstall windows, in a couple of hours after using the the PC again, this problem happens again....
  9. Windows 10 logo black screen appears then it lasts for few minutes and after that screen appears

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 logo black screen appears then it lasts for few minutes and after that screen appears: I need help, every time I turn on my laptop after windows 10 logo black screen appears then it lasts for few minutes and after that screen appears, how to fix this and how to speed up my system?...
  10. start up black screen after brief start with samsung logo

start up black screen after brief start with samsung logo: black screen after brief resart. im trying to go into repair mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-black-screen-after-brief-start-with/96ca164c-a37a-47b6-a703-3c1c125c0b47