Windows 10: Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words

Discus and support Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the new Word, misspelled words are not being underlined. How do I activate it to pick up and underline misspelled words? It was automatic in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeG21, Feb 27, 2019.

1. JeG21 Win User

Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words

In the new Word, misspelled words are not being underlined. How do I activate it to pick up and underline misspelled words? It was automatic in the old version, but not now!

:)

JeG21, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Mzfire Win User

Win 10 right click misspelled words

Hello When you do the following in Win10 ----When a word is spelled wrong, IE underlines it in RED. Just move your curser onto the misspelled word, right click the word, and the spelling options will show in a drop down menu. Then just left click the spelling
    of the word that is correct.

HOWEVER

The box that shows the correct words is on a opposite monitor.

example: monitor 1 and monitor 2

IE is opened on monitor 1 I misspell a word I right click on the misspelled word and the box with the correct words appears on monitor 2

How can I get the box to appear on monitor 1 where the misspelled word is at? There is no drag and dropping of this box.

This appears to only happen in IE

Mzfire, Feb 27, 2019
  3. ksaulius Win User
    Enable spell check on Windows 10 OneNote

It's not working anymore.. It underlines misspelled words, but when you click on such a word, you get options to copy and paste, but no list of suggested correct words! What happenned??

ksaulius, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Billmizzi Win User

Enable spell check on Windows 10 OneNote

Billmizzi, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words - Similar Threads - underlining misspelled words

2. red underlining in aol mail even when no misspellings

in Windows 10 Customization
    red underlining in aol mail even when no misspellings: I'm getting red underlining as I type this and it came back in my AOL email.So apparently this has to do with MS, not AOL.Could you please tell me how to get rid of this and I would like to emphasize that this is happening underneath words that are no misspelled at all.This...
  3. Almost all words I type are shown as misspelled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Almost all words I type are shown as misspelled.: When filling in almost all information, almost all of the words are underlined in red to indicate that they are misspelled. For example, in the previous sentence, 15 words were underlined....
  4. Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary

Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary: I am a Desktop Technicain and I have a strange issue that I cannot seem to resolve.I need to find several misspelled words that were accidently added to the dictionary. I am unable to locate the words so I can delete them. I have checked in WORD-Options- Proofing-Custom...
  5. How to enable or disable Autocorrect and Highlight Misspelled Words settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Autocorrect and Highlight Misspelled Words settings in Windows 10: In Windows 10, misspelled words get autocorrected and highlighted automatically. However, if you want to turn off Spell Checker & Auto-Correct functionalities, you can do it via Settings as well as using REGEDIT and GPEDIT. Today we show you how to do it using the Local Group...
  6. Misspelled words

Misspelled words: I'm finding simple words like "the" and "with" and others within the Microsoft pages and can't correct them. This is also on other Microsoft pages. I don't know where the problem originates from, Windows, Microsoft, Edge, etc. I first noticed this with using Goggle Chrome...
  7. Underlining in Word

Underlining in Word: How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/underlining-in-word/184bb8ec-d6ed-4703-b187-1cf9292b7a14
  8. Highlight misspelled words

Highlight misspelled words: Hi, Just have a fresh installed Windows 10 Pro with all latest updates. And I have to languages: ENG (US) and RUS. When I type some random word like "sadfg" in application in windows (Steam, Discord, Chrome) it`s highlight the word with red line like misspelled.I turn off...
  9. My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong

My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong: usually it does, but however this does not happen on a document sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-word-is-not-underlining-when-i-spell-a-word/c0e207b6-ef3f-4ddc-9dc6-55b4622d1aa0
  10. Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds

in Windows 10 Support
    Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds: Hello Almost every where I go on the net viewing text I see double underlined words and when the mouse cursor hits them an add pops up. It is annoying but I can avoid it by not touching them with the mouse. This just started recently and it's getting worse. I wonder if there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. highlight misspelled words windows 10

2. word misspelled words are not red

3. misspelled words not underlined in word

4. one note windows 10 no red underline,
  5. yahoo error code 4703,
  6. word not picking up misspelled words,
  7. why doesnt edge underline misspelled words,
  8. why is 2020 underlined,
  9. microsoft word dictionary not underlining,
  10. how to get word to underline spelling errors,
  11. spell checker only highlighting recently mispelled words,