Windows 10: Windows 10 is not working for my 2012 laptop but I can't go back to Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 is not working for my 2012 laptop but I can't go back to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop has not handled Windows 10 well (probably because it's not a tablet) I don't have the means to purchase a brand new computer either. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KeBos91, May 24, 2019.

1. KeBos91 Win User

Windows 10 is not working for my 2012 laptop but I can't go back to Windows 7

My laptop has not handled Windows 10 well (probably because it's not a tablet) I don't have the means to purchase a brand new computer either. I have tried to go back to Windows 7, even though I switched because support for Win7 is ending at the end of this year (2019), but it tells me it is too late to switch back now. I have tried very hard to make this work for my laptop but as a digital art student I need an OS that works with my drawing tablet (Parblo A640/Coast10). The OS screws up my screen proportions and it throws off my tablet calibrations to the point of them being unusable.

Can I go back to Windows 7 without being at risk of viruses?

Or can I maybe switch to Windows 8?

OR even better, can I find a way to make Windows 10 work for my drawing tablets??

I have a ton of art programs installed on my laptop and want to avoid a factory restore if possible.

Anything I can do?

:)

KeBos91, May 24, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 24, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 24, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is not working for my 2012 laptop but I can't go back to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - working 2012 laptop

2. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back to windows 7: go back to windows 7 option missing , i have the windows.old and the option still missing ,why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-back-to-windows-7/91fe30f1-5d91-418c-abda-8299db5c7743
  3. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    go back to windows 7: go back to windows 7 option missing , i have the windows.old and the option still missing ,why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-back-to-windows-7/91fe30f1-5d91-418c-abda-8299db5c7743
  4. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Going back to windows 7

Going back to windows 7: Hello, wondering can anyone tell me how to go back to windows 7, my laptop is 10 years old and its has updated to 10 and I want to go back, any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks....
  6. Go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Go back to windows 7: After the recent update, my pc keeps freezing for no reason. I looked up for solutions but I only find that you should update your windows etc. So I did. It still runs like sh*****t and still freezes. I am really sick of this ridiculous situation because all of my work are on...
  7. Going Back To Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going Back To Windows 7: I have had Windows 10 on my new PC for nearly two years and I hate it, It keeps crashing or stalling or does not what it's supposed to do or things go missing and I have to download apps to get stuff back with every update and yet again it as crashed with the last one two...
  8. Can't go back to windows 7 and i'm stucked on windows 10

Can't go back to windows 7 and i'm stucked on windows 10: so after my dad and mom buyed this pc i have no idea if this just got upgraded to windows 10 or it's literally windows 10 after a few day's i played League of Legends(its already installed in the computer) while i was playing the computer just shuted itself and something...
  9. Can't activate Windows 10 can't go back to Win 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10 can't go back to Win 7: I have a HP Mini 110 (with no CD Drive) which came with Windows 7 starter installed and a product key sticker in the back. After successfully installing windows 10 on another HP Windows 7 laptop and being pleased with it I went to the Microsoft windows 10 media creation...
  10. go back to windows 7

go back to windows 7: I know how to do it, what I don't know is, how to remove your account. it says, before I can revert back to windows 7, I have to remove my account. but how? I am the only account in my computer. should I make another? what if the system tell me to remove it too? this is...