Windows 10: Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.

Discus and support Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So please someone tell me why, since my log in today, I now have no option to shut down, but only to shut down with updating?For my own reasons and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JesseGearhart, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.

So please someone tell me why, since my log in today, I now have no option to shut down, but only to shut down with updating?For my own reasons and compatibility, I do not want this update as it will ruin some of my programs, literally. And I will keep my reasons at that.Here we are Microsoft. You are now doing something I truly believe should be illegal. Forcing an update on my computer when I have every possible setting and even multiple different registry settings to not allow you to download or install updates and yet here we are. Is there no way around this? Are you forcing an update when

:)

JesseGearhart, Aug 30, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Aug 30, 2021
  3. tordogs Win User
    Windows 10 and GFE forcing 353.62 install

The forced updates have been the sticking point about W10 since it came on the scene. When using the preview version we understood that the updates were going to come and there was nothing to be done about it--MS said it would turn that off at release time then backtracked on it. The Insiders bitched and complained and protested but MS seems to have its mind made up on the forced updates.

None of the tools, workarounds do much of anything and are a pain to use. The only solution is to turn off Windows Update Services but that is another can of worms. Will say that the OS sort of "learns" your machine and after a while doesn't force so many updates. If you want to use an older driver, a custom driver then W10 gets very unhappy. Have an idea MS is going to need to address this at some point before very long or a mulitude of folks are going to stay where they are or go back to whence they came re: W10.

W10 does have the Feedback app and suggest everyone go there and keep bitching and complaining about the forced updates--hopefully MS will get a clue.

tordogs, Aug 30, 2021
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.

1. Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it. - Similar Threads - forcing update computer

2. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  3. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  4. Force Windows to start app with parameters

in Browsers and Email
    Force Windows to start app with parameters: There is a windows security level problem with Firefox - it will not allow drag and drop. You need to start firefox with the parameter "-no-deelevate" to overcome this. No problem if manually starting Firefox from an icon or the start menu. But - if you click on a hyperlink,...
  5. Force Windows to start app with parameters

in Windows 10 Support
    Force Windows to start app with parameters: There is a windows security level problem with Firefox - it will not allow drag and drop. You need to start firefox with the parameter "-no-deelevate" to overcome this. No problem if manually starting Firefox from an icon or the start menu. But - if you click on a hyperlink,...
  6. Forced update wiped my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced update wiped my computer.: I just booted up and found that Microsoft did a forced update that wiped my computer clean. It is now like an out of the box brand new computer save for virus software, quicken, and turbo tax. No pictures, no files, my business is gone, no favorites. Nothing. Any suggestions?...
  7. WOW wtf Microsoft forced update on to my computer now wtf.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WOW wtf Microsoft forced update on to my computer now wtf.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bxivz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzqe7m/wow_wtf_microsoft_forced_update_on_to_my_computer/
  8. My computer is forcing an update on me

My computer is forcing an update on me: Yesterday I was prompted to do a windows update by my computer, so i installed the update and then after the update all my games were running at 0 fps in comparison to the usual 20 - 30. so i uninstalled the update and evrything was fine again. But today when i tried to...
  9. Forced update bricked my computer...

Forced update bricked my computer...: So, I had some work I was doing up on my computer, work I had taken all day to complete. I was away for a short time, and got hit by the forced windows update. I come back and it says the update was "27%" complete. An hour later, still at 27%. It was hung. I rebooted the...
  10. Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Force Installing Broken Update To My Computer: I have Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1703 installed on my computer, and, lately, it has been force installing these update to my computer: KB4022725 and KB4025376 are the two updates, and, whenever I restart my computer, it gets to a certain point in the update, and, it...